• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rwanda introduces first Smart Phone 100$ made in Africa (components included) along with new factory.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
What was the point of this? Why even bring it up in a thread where nothing like that was even being said?

Props to Rwanda. This is pretty bad ass.

Because it's true? And because there hasn't been any kind of positive threads here a out Africa as far as I can tell except when some dictator is kicked out of power.

And this IS a positive thread. I'm glad those banned members aren't here to crap it up with their negativity. I hope for more great things from more African countries!

What really? What's the general criticism here? This is great news.

Some people get off on the outrage of other people. Like, giant nut-in-the-pants, kreygasm get-off. I don't understand it, myself :S

Anyways, as to the news itself, I'm actually not that surprised. Several African countries have been seeing pretty large economic growth the past several years. A good chunk of that is due to Chinese investments (though it's arguable how much of that has been to load them with debts; they've done similar to other countries like Indonesia in the recent past), and there's also the fact a lot of semiconductor metals actually have massive resource reserves across the continent.

But more countries in general becoming self-sufficient, sovereign nations with stable economies is only a net positive for everyone else. It means less need for foreign aid, which ultimately means nations can keep more of their money domestically to serve their own domestic citizens. And obviously, the more stable you get some of these nations economically with prosperous middle-classes, that means less a reason for distraught citizens to emigrate.

...so anyone who might actually be hating on this like it poses some threat to their own view on people in the world fall on a totem pole (same as I'm sure some feel about China's growing middle-class, and that's with me knowing the CCP is a shitshow of overzealous bullies) is most likely actually retarded xD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom