• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

If you count severely wounded/maimed those numbers are at least double (for both sides, obv) we're talking 45 thousand/month on the russian side. Even for russia, that level of attrition is considerable. There are potentially some signs in the svatove/kreminna line that russians are starting to crack.

According to Ukraine, in december, there were 280 thousand orcs in their country.
Russia abandons their wounded so the figures you are getting are pretty much the dead.

Ukrainian soldiers saying they hear screaming all night on Bakhmut front and waves of soldiers use previous killed soldiers as cover. They have to bomb the dead bodies to prevent them from using them as cover.

Also Russia keeps recruiting cannon fodder to keep the frontlines While training another estimated 100,000 for offensive in Spring.

Wounded/Dead for Russia doesn’t matter. For Ukraine it does. Russia wil just keep tapping into it’s poor Populace for cannon fodder.

Last edited:

TwinB242

Currently the war of attrition favours Russia. Losing ~700 mobiks per day vs 100-200 trained soldiers that Ukraine is losing is a good trade off that favours Russia over the long run.

Ukraine will need to double that number in order to get a favourable trade off. Otherwise Russia will keep sending waves until Ukraine runs out of soldiers.

The 100-200 Ukrainian soldiers lost per day is from German intelligence.

Some of Ukraine's best troops are actually in their reserves at the moment and not directly involved in combat. For example the 93rd Mechanized Brigade (considered one of their most elite units) was holding the northern end of Bakhmut before they were rotated out a couple of months ago, and thats actually the point when Russia slowly started making gains in the area (culminating in the seizure of Soledar). Im sure Ukraine is ok with giving up ground here and there if they can keep their best troops for the spring counteroffensive.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Currently the war of attrition favours Russia. Losing ~700 mobiks per day vs 100-200 trained soldiers that Ukraine is losing is a good trade off that favours Russia over the long run.

Ukraine will need to double that number in order to get a favourable trade off. Otherwise Russia will keep sending waves until Ukraine runs out of soldiers.

The 100-200 Ukrainian soldiers lost per day is from German intelligence.
Yeah, this is where I hope the US starts giving Ukraine the long range capabilities they need sooner than later. Movement needs to accelerate.

The armored vehicles and such ought to help quite a bit in the interim once they get there and deployed.

Tams

France, England and Germany are sort of all dropping the ball imho.
Excuse, at least get the name right. And the UK has sent a lot. Especially when most of our defence expenditure is on high tech platforms that Ukraine can't use and certainly won't get, so we're giving what we can.

France aren't doing too badly either, despite Macron occasionally being a wet blanket.

Germany have even given a lot, though initially it was a joke and they required shaming to give proper support. It is disgraceful that after the initial shaming they are repeating it again. I guess they are gluttons for punishment.

Tams

this is war no shit in other news water is wet

btw ive been observing you are you supporting putin the way you speak it always seems in favor of russia
I've got him on ignore. No need to feed the troll/robot.

Bold move to try and use our own media against us. I guess if you are a vatnik or vatnik lover that that article comes across to you as a stinging critique of our side. They can't understand that we are fully aware that war hurts both sides.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Russia abandons their wounded so the figures you are getting are pretty much the dead.

Ukrainian soldiers saying they hear screaming all night on Bakhmut front and waves of soldiers use previous killed soldiers as cover. They have to bomb the dead bodies to prevent them from using them as cover.

Also Russia keeps recruiting cannon fodder to keep the frontlines While training another estimated 100,000 for offensive in Spring.

Wounded/Dead for Russia doesn’t matter. For Ukraine it does. Russia wil just keep tapping into it’s poor Populace for cannon fodder.

WTF..... This is extremely brutal.

GymWolf

Just a curiosity, does italy have good tanks\weapons in the modern era? Or we are the bottom of the barrel?

Last edited:
this is war no shit in other news water is wet

btw ive been observing you are you supporting putin the way you speak it always seems in favor of russia
That’s nice I like to point out realities. Sorry it hurts your feelings and you automatically feel I’m a Russian Troll when I live no where close to Russia or have any feelings towards them.

I actually had in mind that Ukraine had only lost half as many as Russian troops going by all the positivity here. But I needed a reality check and maybe some others do too.

Does that make me a troll in your eyes. To tell you the truth I don’t give a shit, I have no idea who you are. The fact is I hope Putin dies a gruesome death and Russia loses.

But all this meandering by the West to provide weapons is costing Ukrainian lives.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
That’s nice I like to point out realities. Sorry it hurts your feelings and you automatically feel I’m a Russian Troll when I live no where close to Russia or have any feelings towards them.

I actually had in mind that Ukraine had only lost half as many as Russian troops going by all the positivity here. But I needed a reality check and maybe some others do too.

Does that make me a troll in your eyes. To tell you the truth I don’t give a shit, I have no idea who you are. The fact is I hope Putin dies a gruesome death and Russia loses.

But all this meandering by the West to provide weapons is costing Ukrainian lives.
Does this mean youre blaming NATO for giving aid to ukraine to combat putin invasion ?

So putin is ...mmm..bad but helping ukraine winning the counter offensive is bad too ? confusing...so what is the best solution here according to you?

Youre being obscure here with youre messaging

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I think he is saying the opposite.
As in the West is wasting too much time haggling about what to give to Ukraine. And with each passing day, more and more Ukrainians die trying to defend their country.
i still dont like the way he speak here he speak of human lives like dogshit and with zero empathy, the impression i get from reading his post history is that he secretly wants the war to cost as many casualties as posible from both sides but hes trying to hide that.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Does this mean youre blaming NATO for giving aid to ukraine to combat putin invasion ?

So putin is ...mmm..bad but helping ukraine winning the counter offensive is bad too ? confusing...so what is the best solution here according to you?

He said the opposite, nato wasting time to provide weapons is costing ukranian lives.

Do you speak English? What the hell does my last sentence mean go look up a dictionary about the word meandering

Last edited:
i still dont like the way he speak here he speak of human lives like dogshit and with zero empathy, the impression i get from reading his post history is that he secretly wants the war to cost as many casualties as posible from both sides but hes trying to hide that.
So you want me to caveat everything I say with I feel really bad about Ukrainian soldiers dying but right now so and so is happening because I point out the difficult situations they are facing.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is where I hope the US starts giving Ukraine the long range capabilities they need sooner than later. Movement needs to accelerate.

The armored vehicles and such ought to help quite a bit in the interim once they get there and deployed.
They need modern tanks. Ukrainian soldiers reporting they need 3-4 T-72’s to take out 1 T-90.

Also yes they need to push logistics out of Ukrainian territory and only way is long range. But US keeps meandering on that as well. Even the 150KM range ones that won’t be able to hit Moscow.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Yeah, I frequently disagree with Indo’s assessments since they tend to lean heavily towards pessimism, but I think there’s value to skepticism and a need for alternative perspectives. And frankly, Indo’s on the money on the numbers game. Russia doesn’t care about their own and is willing to throw as many bodies as it takes to win. Ukraine doesn’t have the numbers to sustain their potential level of losses. They‘re possibly losing less bodies, but they need to be losing a lot less. Russia is playing the game of attrition.

Armored vehicles and tanks are going to help a lot, but they need to be able to start firing into Crimea and anywhere they can behind the front lines. The US seems to keep escalating incrementally just to see how far they can push things without invoking nuclear war between the two powers, but they need to get more aggressive. Spring is coming.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member

I have disagreed with IndoAssasin a few times on this thread.
But on this matter he is very right. The EU needs to step up their commitment, especially those morons in the German government.

Brazen

Yeah, I frequently disagree with Indo’s assessments since they tend to lean heavily towards pessimism, but I think there’s value to skepticism and a need for alternative perspectives. And frankly, Indo’s on the money on the numbers game. Russia doesn’t care about their own and is willing to throw as many bodies as it takes to win. Ukraine doesn’t have the numbers to sustain their potential level of losses. They‘re possibly losing less bodies, but they need to be losing a lot less. Russia is playing the game of attrition.

Armored vehicles and tanks are going to help a lot, but they need to be able to start firing into Crimea and anywhere they can behind the front lines. The US seems to keep escalating incrementally just to see how far they can push things without invoking nuclear war between the two powers, but they need to get more aggressive. Spring is coming.

Ukraine will continue to be losing less and less bodies as the war goes on: the continued depletion of russia's reserves (and no iran/etc doesn't have the capacity for russian to continue to rain hell on an entire country) and lack of infrastructure to support travel/logistics is all it will take.

Russian isn't winning the endgame here, this was all known and planned for nearly a decade ago.

Edit: With that all said, yes the western powers need to step up their game, it's time.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
I have disagreed with IndoAssasin a few times on this thread.
But on this matter he is very right. The EU needs to step up their commitment, especially those morons in the German government.
This IndoAssasin guys is a russian sympathizer and anti Ukraine

Check his comment history

"NATO are not ready to fight drones"

"NATO are useless without USA"

"NATO are the reason russia invaded ukraine"

"Ukraine will need at least 3 T72 to beat 1 Russia tank "( bulshit weve seen video of 1 ukraine tank manage to beat couple russia tank alone)

"Most people here underestimate russia resolve"

"Iran Fateh missile are superior "(Iran helps russia)

"HIMARS are inefective "( lie)

Act like russia have unlimited soldier ( "russia will just keep sending waves after waves while ukraine soldier are very limited in numbers")

"Russia have the high ground and Ukraine strugling with logistics "( it is actually the opposite russian is the one strugling with logistics now)

Occasional subtle praise for russia offensive

"If Ukraine fall Poland is next and it is inevitable"

Everytime someone approach him he soften the blows and pretend hes siding with ukraine ( oh god putin sucks i hope he died blablabla or some other lazy half ass cheapshot)

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
This IndoAssasin guys is a are russian sympathizer and anti Ukraine

NATO are not ready to fight drones

NATO are useless without USA

NATO are the reason russia invaded ukraine

Iran Fateh missile are superior (Iran helps russia)

HIMARS are inefective

Occasional subtle praise for russia

Everytime someone replied he soften the blows and pretend hes siding with ukraine

I know that, but he is still right that the west should send more military equipment to Ukraine, so they can push back Russians faster, saving lives in the long term.

"Ukraine will need at least 3 T72 to beat 1 Russia tank "( bulshit weve seen video of 1 ukraine tank manage to beat couple russia tank alone)

Act like russia have unlimited soldier ( "russia will just keep sending waves after waves while ukraine soldier are very limited in numbers")

"Russia have the high ground and Ukraine strugling with logistics "( it is actually the opposite russian is the one strugling with logistics now)

Everytime someone approach him he soften the blows and pretend hes siding with ukraine ( oh god putin sucks i hope he died blablabla or some other lazy half ass cheapshot)
Wow now making up bullshit that I praised Russians. Show me any comment I made that praised Russians.

Last edited:

Since I’m making shit up to praise Tussia here’s an article of the Ukrainian commander stating they require more advanced tanks since they need multiple T-72’s to beat a T-90.

But whatever I’m just making shit up.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

Since I’m making shit up to praise Tussia here’s an article of the Ukrainian commander stating they require more advanced tanks since they need multiple T-72’s to beat a T-90.

But whatever I’m just making shit up.
5nM7pUi.jpg

Most people here and the West experts keep underestimating Russia’s resolve.
Ok comrade
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Last edited:

TwinB242

If the casualty figures are accurate, then that is very much bad news for Ukraine. They've been on the defensive for the majority of the war, so the casualty figures for Russia should be between 2 or 3 times greater. If Ukraine switches to a more offensive approach and they start losing 2/3x more troops than what they're already losing then that just won't be sustainable for very long. Russia has far more able bodied young men that they can throw into the meatgrinder.

That said, I don't think the numbers tell the whole story. We know that Russia doesn't care about their wounded and many of them end up dying due to poor treatment or just straight up abandonment. Ukraine has far better procedures for evacuating wounded soldiers from the Battlefield and treating them. So if there's 100K wounded and killed per side, I could guarantee that the Wounded: KIA ratio is much better for Ukraine than it is for Russia. They've even said that 80% of wounded Ukranian soldiers are in a good enough state to eventually return to battle.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tanks have been significantly used since WW1, I hope Russia realizes they can’t fuck with their neighbors even if North Korea and Iran makes them feel good. There’s 9 weeks of winter left, spring will be a big upgrade.

Gp1

This actually was a comment of a Ukrainian tank commander that (I think) even The Drive Warzone replicated.

I don't remember if he said T-72/T-90. But there is definitely a comment like this coming from UAF.

This just show how desperately Ukraine needs modern armor.

Last edited:
5nM7pUi.jpg

Ok comrade
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
And how am I wrong look at Putin not giving a shit about his dead soldiers at all?

All his cronies seem more crazy since they keep taking about invading Poland.

Also all the media channels constantly talking about using nukes and believing they are fighting NATO soldiers not Ukrainians.

Also all those Russians who despise Ukrainian people? Watch the interviews on the streets. Most of people there are for this war. The ones who are against are afraid to say shit.

Last edited:

That’s not a vampire that’s a EW gun. Vampires sit on trucks and fire missiles. Also Gepards have been shown to be very effective now. But there’s not enough to cover the entire airspace some are still getting through but it’s not as bad as at first. So that point is moot now anyways.

It was more an angry response to swarms of drones attacking Ukraine since how did the west not anticipate drone swarms being used before hand when they’ve been building it themselves.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Do you understand the difference between t-72’s and a t-90? Let me guess no.

That column is all t-72’s which are the same Tank Ukraine are using.

T90 aren't immune to to javelins/nlaws (quite the opposite actually) and T90s are becoming steadily scarce these days. The trains to the front are sending T62s and some T72s.

Since the T90 is a post soviet development, russia didn't manufacture that many units, a trend that climaxed with the T14, a tank that as far as we know does not exist outside ceremonial duties.

Anyways, for the second day in a row there are signs that the svatove-kreminna defensive line is starting to crack.

Last edited:

TwinB242

T90 aren't immune to to javelins/nlaws (quite the opposite actually) and T90s are becoming steadily scarce these days. The trains to the front are sending T62s and some T72s.

Since the T90 is a post soviet development, russia didn't manufacture that many units, a trend that climaxed with the T14, a tank that as far as we know does not exist outside ceremonial duties.

Anyways, for the second day in a row there are signs that the svatove-kreminna defensive line is starting to crack.

Russia still seems to have quite a few T90s unfortunately. I just saw a video of a sizeable column of them moving near to Kreminna

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Russia still seems to have quite a few T90s unfortunately. I just saw a video of a sizeable column of them moving near to Kreminna

I am aware of that... but since trains are not moving them, they must be whatever they still had from previous deployments.

Russia is concerned about Kreminna... and rightfully so. Today they were shelling Ukrainian positions past the highway.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Do you understand the difference between t-72’s and a t-90? Let me guess no.

That column is all t-72’s which are the same Tank Ukraine are using.
1 t64 took down dozens of t 72

Indo Assasin : "it will take 3 ukraine tank to beat 1 russian tank "

Eh who cares t72 and t90 theyre all old tank

IndoAssasin :

"HIMARS are inefective"

"Russia have the higher ground while Ukriane have limited logistics"

"NATO started this"

"Most people here and the West experts keep underestimating Russia’s resolve."

Tongue L GIF by Tommy Toskonaut

Last edited:
Indo Assasin : "it will take 3 ukraine tank to beat 1 russian tank "

Eh who cares t72 and t90 theyre all old tank

IndoAssasin :

"HIMARS are inefective"

"Russia have the higher ground while Ukriane have limited logistics"

"NATO started this"

"Most people here and the West experts keep underestimating Russia’s resolve."

Tongue L GIF by Tommy Toskonaut
Lol the specifics of the tank matter. T-90 is a modern tank. I also never said NATO started it. Good job resorting to name calling when you have no rebuff

Last edited:

First of all I quoted a Ukrainian commander who specifically said their “T-72’s” don’t stand a chance against “T-90’s” unless they get lucky or outnumber them, therefore they need modern tanks.

Javelins/Nlaws are defensive/ambush weapons. Not necessarily offensive ops. The way Ukraine does offensives is it requires combined ops of tanks, artillery, with IFV’s Troop transports and other combat vehicles and infantry.

Bradley’s should help against destroying T-90’s but Modern tanks provide better protection against counter fire as well.

Last edited:
No i dont think so

i think youre lying again
That’s fine my pessimism comes off as me being some Rapist Terrorist nothing I can do about changing your opinion. Your mind is made up based off of what you want to believe.

You should just put me on ignore cuz I’ll probably continue to hurt your feelings with my pessimism and distrust towards the West and it’s handling of this war.

Last edited:
Top Bottom