• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Russia begins Invasion of Ukraine

Maestr0

Just because he says it won't end without Crimea doesn't mean that's exactly how he thinks, or how it will turn out. He's playing chess like everyone else, and the infamous "rule of negotiation" is to first go higher than what you realistically expect the outcome to be. Two steps forward and one step back is still one step forward.. Ukraine have a lot of reason to be confident, even from the current status quo, and there is a chance that the slow ruzzian momentum could lead to a possible implosion for them. There's no safe way to predict what's coming, but future proofing possible coming negotiations by setting the bar at Crimea is the only sensible way at this moment in time.

Edit: Man this is some funny shit, I'm in stitches :

Who stoled Big Boss inflated balloon ???

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Still not really a confirmation from the Ukrainians government, to be honest. I have seen this rumor on more sites, it’s probably true, but it’s not confirmed publicly.

It’s literally a senior Ukrainian official
confirming it to one of the largest news organisations in the world.

firstromario

Neo Member
Still not really a confirmation from the Ukrainians government, to be honest. I have seen this rumor on more sites, it’s probably true, but it’s not confirmed publicly.
I mean Ukraine has like zero reason to confirm something like this through Zelensky. This is as big of confirmation as you will ever get. Even Moskva sinking wasn't really confirmed on highest level. Because... Why?

nemiroff

Gold Member
That is some expensive chain smoking accident.

One of the largest telegram media, referring to its internal sources, writes about such ruZZian losses at Saky airport in Crimea :

8 SU-27
6 Mi-8
5 SU-24
4 SU-30M
1 ІL-20RT
4 ammunition depots

I'm legit amazed.. That's about 20x more damage than I dared to hope for..

Edit: Wait, are those impact craters..? Three, four or more.. Huh.. They should've put some "no smoking!"-signs there..

Last edited:

TwinB242

The psychological impact of that strike on Russians & morale will probably be greater than the physical aspect. They now know they aren't safe even when hundreds of KM behind the frontlines. And Russians who moved to Crimea after it was illegally annexed are probably regretting their decision.

Fools idol

Banned
Well, well, well......

China sent trains of military equipment to help Russian invasion

renderTimingPixel.png

bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/20...

Winnie The Pooh Success GIF

With more crimes against people!!!

This is confirmed as fake. Please don't post shit from that website.

I love how no one can figure out exactly in which way Russia failed so hard to lose one of their best naval aviation units, just like with their Black Sea Fleet flagship. We know they failed but how? Was the Russian air defense so shit some missiles flew in undetected? If the control over Crimea so sloppy that a platoon of drone operators can launch from close to the base? Is the base staff so corrupt they can be bribed to look the other way as saboteurs do their thing or even blow up the base themselves? Or is it the dumbest option the Russians come up with themselves that they accidentally blew up their own base?

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I love how no one can figure out exactly in which way Russia failed so hard to lose one of their best naval aviation units, just like with their Black Sea Fleet flagship. We know they failed but how? Was the Russian air defense so shit some missiles flew in undetected? If the control over Crimea so sloppy that a platoon of drone operators can launch from close to the base? Is the base staff so corrupt they can be bribed to look the other way as saboteurs do their thing or even blow up the base themselves? Or is it the dumbest option the Russians come up with themselves that they accidentally blew up their own base?
It probably does not help when 90% of your personnel is constantly drunk and your country have massive corruption issues.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
What the hell can Russia’s long term plan be at this point? Their military will take years to rebuild after this. Their economy swill stay cratered for the foreseeable future. They’re headed for 100k dead before year end…cut your fucking losses. Unless Putin figures pulling out now will end in his demise

sinnergy

What the hell can Russia’s long term plan be at this point? Their military will take years to rebuild after this. Their economy swill stay cratered for the foreseeable future. They’re headed for 100k dead before year end…cut your fucking losses. Unless Putin figures pulling out now will end in his demise
He will rather end his own life .. if he retreats .. so I don’t think it’s a option for him.

RAÏSanÏa

Corruption is a such a contributor it'll be difficult to pinpoint. It's said their military protect and promote the useless too.

TwinB242

This is concerning. Ukraine is going to need more and better air defense to be able to counter these drones. Manpads & Gepard tanks won't have the range. NASAMs have slightly better range but they only have 2 and those will definitely not be deployed anywhere near the frontlines. Jets would work but they'll have to fly at higher altitudes making them more susceptible to being targeted by Russia's own air defense. The S-300s are probably Ukraine's best weapon against them, but they're likely running out of missiles for those at this point.

TwinB242

Holy shit, Steven Seagal actually went on Russian State TV to spew their propaganda for them. I only listened for a few minutes and was shocked at the absolute nonsense he was saying. Guy should have his U.S. citizenship revoked and not be allowed in the country anymore.

Last edited:

Fenix34

I remove teeth
Holy shit, Steven Seagal actually went on Russian State TV to spew their propaganda for them. I only listened for a few minutes and was shocked at the absolute nonsense he was saying. Guy should have his U.S. citizenship revoked and not be allowed in the country anymore.

Seagal became russian Zombie🤯. His was famous actor.

nemiroff

Gold Member

I've been watching quite a few videos from https://www.youtube.com/c/TheBehaviorPanel and I'd say that judging by his mannerism it's fairly obvious the Seagal doesn't even believe his own crazy words. He's freestyling from his fantasy, gaslighting and regurgitating buzzwords and phrases. He wasn't a good actor back then and he sure as fuck isn't one now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom