• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PlayStation showcase planned for August

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Seems a bit early for a showcase but a SOP for Ragnarok makes sense to me.

Edit: Oh nvm it’s that Nick guy. Still something in August would make sense for Ragnarok.

Last edited:

Pelta88

So because *I’ve* been getting asked, I asked if Sony had a show planned for September and got told that at the moment the plan is for a show in August. But just to make sure those that want to be pissed at me will be, “not sure if it will be moved” was also part of the reply!

laugh-nicholas-cage.gif

ManaByte

Gold Member
Although summer is winding down and fall is fast approaching, there is still plenty of time for video game companies to make announcements for the summer season. "Not E3" may be over, but it won't be long before the industry opens the door for Gamescom, releases its major fall/holiday video games, and moves onto the Game Awards 2022. One company fans have been hoping to hear from, but has largely been quiet, is PS5 brand owner Sony.

There hasn't been a State of Play since early June 2022, and there are upcoming games that definitely need the spotlight like God of War: Ragnarok. It finally has a release date of November 9, but next-to-nothing in way of gameplay has been shown. Indeed, there's still plenty of time to show off the game, but the sooner, the better. Rumor has it, though, that the next Sony event isn't a State of Play, but a PlayStation Showcase.

Look at this word salad SEO padding before they even get to the actual "news".

Has this clown ever gotten something right?

He leaked us the Last of Us remake footage. But other than that he was wrong about countless things.

Yeah I also got excited for a second until I saw who the source of the leak was lol.

I still think we get a Ragnarök SoP this month though.

Definitely something in September or August. They need to ramp up the marketing soon if it’s coming this year.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Im so starved for PS content, Id take another Deathloop State of Play at this point. Give me something.

DarthPutin

He just saw actual insider claim on Ree that 11the August we'll have announcement, supposedly of God of War State of Play, - or that showcase itself will be on 11th (I don't remember exact wording RN, too lazy to check). So this absolute clown decided to pretend that it's his "sources" that told him this.

yurinka

It's a random guess from a random guy who has been wrong many times with his "insider" stuff. I think isn't thread worthy.

If they keep saying it every month, eventually some month will be right.

Until then, Sony this weekend will have the EVO Lounge show, that will feature fighting games related announcements and updates in addition to EVO/fighting game eSports related stuff.

He just saw actual insider claim on Ree that 11the August we'll have announcement, supposedly of God of War State of Play, - or that showcase itself will be on 11th (I don't remember exact wording RN, too lazy to check). So this absolute clown decided to pretend that it's his "sources" that told him this.
Sony has a multiple days long fighting game related streamed show this weekend. With -looking at the Evo finals numbers- very likely many millions of audience of players who love action fighting games with combos and so on.

If Sony would really have something GoW related ready to be shown next week it would be dumb to don't show it during their Evo show instead.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Won’t be til September and I’m thinking will cover their major releases over the next two years, sans Wolverine. VR I expect will be minimal as that will get its own more in-depth show closer to release, fingers crossed for a launch date though.

Markio128

A few things I’d personally like to see in the next SOP - a new Housemarque game, some FF goodness, Wolverine/Spider-Man 2 and some news on GT7 ‘Sophy’. I’m expecting a show in September, like most others.

Top Bottom