• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOUR.....Metal Gear Collection coming to PS5

I'll apologise in advance but thats one of my favourite parts :messenger_tears_of_joy: I am looking for over the top silliness in this game. I think Hideo chose the cutscene director because he liked his silly over the top action in his movies. Its all HK's fault ultimately lol:

I mean... look at that, its just pure, silly nonsense. I think HK wanted TTS to be as schlocky as it was.

I honestly find it pretty funny...of all the problems to have with TTS its whacky cutscenes makes absolutely no sense to be frank. The later games are filled with whackiness and none were anywhere near as grounded as the original MGS1. Naked Snake dives out of a sidecar, directly into the path of the tracks on the Shagohod, and survives FFS. MGS2 has a vampire that runs up walls, on water, and ends with a samurai showdown with Doctor Otto Octavius, the ex-president, on top of Federal Hall. MGS4 has deadly finger guns. None of it screams grounded realism. In that respect I actually think Twin Snakes fits in better with the rest of the series.

Arachnid

You interjected into an exchange about that.
In that case, that was more specifically in response to the "long monologues/dialogues" part of your post. I was saying the codex is a better medium for that stuff. It wasn't my intention to imply there aren't enough tapes, because that definitely wasn't their problem.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Interesting, what is Matthew Ball's relation to Sony? Would he have info that can be related to game properties as well as films?

Seems like he has inside info, which comes natural with his former and current status:

Strategist, essayist, investor, advisor. Partner
@EpyllionCo
+ Venture Partner
@makersfundvc
. Former Head of Strategy
@AmazonStudios
, Otter @ Chernin.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
'But but but Microsoft infinite money.... war-chest... Nadella support.....acquisition....wednesday! '

Yeah seems more like an attempt to muddy the waters. I doubt they'll afford more than what they've already done. They've been most likely operating in a loss and if they don't get their shit together they might end up dismantled and sold like what Bill Gates wished to do few years back. Even he wanted to sell Bing as well but not sure how that went.

Top Bottom