• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Is Coming to PS5 'Sooner Than You Think'

D

Deleted member 740922

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested in Spider-Man 2, but I'm much more interested in seeing Horizon Zero Dawn 2.

And, even more than that, God of War 2.

And, even more than that, Astrobot 2.

And, even more than that, Dreams 2

😀

imsosleepy

One of the greatest games of 2018 and easily the greatest marvel superhero game of all time. I am still in disbelief that Insomniac managed to pull off so much content in one single game.
The gameplay was loads of fun! And story kept me interessted. I can take lesser good animations as long as story is interessting.

And thise long battles with loads of enemies were loads of fun! And travel damm satisfying for sure. Amazing game. stil cant believe it was a really good marvel game

Drewpee

Banned
No PS4 version. Because it would indeed hold back the game scale.

If it comes out in 2021 I certainly hope Sony would put it on PS4. When did Sony stop releasing their exclusives on PS3? I'd have to imagine it was longer than a year after the release of the PS4.

BigBooper

Christmas 2021 is definitely not sooner than I'd think. I expected the rumor to be Christmas 2020. Either way, I want it.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
2021 makes sense, the next Spiderman/Marvel movie will also be coming out then, so making use of that hype train and marketing budget would be wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's just pre-alpha. It's looking even better than that!

z5TMeE0.png
What? No puddles??!!
Did they learn nothing from last time?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
sounds horrible. diablo? lol wtf

They only mention Diablo because of the randomisation aspect, which regardless of this rumour, the game desperately needs. I enjoyed Spider-Man but finishing up those final crimes around the map was dull as dishwater, you just did the exact same crimes over and over and over. Switching those up isn't a bad thing.

Journey

Banned
No PS4 version. Because it would indeed hold back the game scale.

I'm calling BS on that. You can create ambitious PC games and bring those to consoles with compromises, same can be said of Spider-man, it can be made from the ground up on PS5, then ported to PS4 with compromises, unless the publisher is greedy and/or lazy. Stunt to force you to buy a PS5, I can guarantee based on years of experience with purchasing new consoles, this game will NOT hold a candle to later PS5 games, so what's the point?

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
I hope its legit. Absolutely loved the first game. Been awhile since i enjoyed a spiderman game.... maybe since like Ps2 days.

Top Bottom