• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumors going around about WW3 being the next Call of Duty title developed by SledgeHammer Games

Bridges

Could be interesting if its closer to BO2 than BO3/4 in terms of "future tech"

Still kinda hard to justify getting another CoD after Modern Warfare though

MDSLKTR

All is good as long as Infinty Ward gets 3 proper years to do MW2. This year is all about the return of BF anyway.

Concern

Excited Tim And Eric Awesome Show Great Job GIF

Fuck that. Give me MW2
Here:
1uQwiQA.png

No, seriously, there should be a law that states you can’t repeat name that is already taken for any future game. This gets on my nerves like for example God of War (2018). At least first MW had CoD 4 as main title that distinguishes it from 2019 game.

kyliethicc

CoD Modern Warfare (2019) was a reboot of CoD4 Modern Warfare (2007). Not a remake really, but sort of.

Sledgehammer should do that type of reboot with CoD World at War (2008).

Make a new WW2 game focusing on Russia, northern Africa, and the Pacific.

Let Infinity Ward do Modern Warfare, let Treyarch & Raven do Black Ops, and keep Sledgehammer doing WW2.

Zannegan

So, is the noble united west fighting North Korea or Russia this time? We all know those are the only possible bad guys in videogame devland.

II_JumPeR_I

I dont know why people hate it. I like the concept of having different periods for CoD games.
CoDWW2 was great. It was my first CoD ever reaching prestige master (the better rank system before the terrible season pass model) because i loved to play it that much.
Couldnt stand Modern Sweatfest 2019 or Cold War

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont know why people hate it. I like the concept of having different periods for CoD games.
CoDWW2 was great. It was my first CoD ever reaching prestige master (the better rank system before the terrible season pass model) because i loved to play it that much.
Couldnt stand Modern Sweatfest 2019 or Cold War
Would be awesome to have a setting where Germany and Japan won.

Or even crazier, the Axis won, but Japan backstabs Germany and rules the world making the Allies and Nazi their bitches.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
When’s the new Bad Company????
Doubt you'll be getting that. I don't see EA making MoH or Warfighter games either. EA seems to have given up their shotgun approach to shooters a generation ago. At one time, they had BF, MoH, Crysis, Titanfall all within shouting distance. Now I think it's just BF, occasional TF and SW BF games, and Apex Legends.

Modern BF games have the best of BF and BFBC all in one. And the trend is more serious overtones. Not BFBC smiley face grenades.

Top Bottom