• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Xbox Series X Seagate 1TB SSD Expansion Priced at $219.99

Aidah

I don’t know if it'll cost this much, but it'll definitely be overpriced.

Just buy a Series X from the beginning, Series S is a trap.

saintjules

How many games do you all play at once?

I basically never play more than two, three games max. Plus, all these consoles are going to start doing the partial downloads thing.

NeoGAF out of touch CONFIRMED.

Haha agreed. Though sometimes I don't mind whoring games on storage at once to be on the ready.

Doesnt matter what the price is, if its Seagate its not worth it. The wording so far seems to imply that other companies will produce the proprietary drives later on, Ill jump on when more reputable SSD manufacturers release an expansion card of more than a terabyte. 4tb Samsung, and I'm in.

This was true of Seagate when it came to magnetic platter HDDs. Not so much with SSDs. I still prefer Western Digital as a brand, but ultimately these Seagate SSDs will be just fine (and likely as good as anything WD or Samsung might produce) due to MS tightly controlling the spec.

My beloved Vita didn't survive mainly because of Sony's stupid and outrageous price for the proprietary memory card. I hope the XSX can use existing HHD to transfer games back and forth, and not just lock everyone in to their proprietary hard drive expansion. That would be suicidal.

AFAIK, yes, this has already been confirmed.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Take current NVMe and adjust for being MS proprietary and high margin, and take into consideration that these types of peripherals exists to pay for the loss on the consoles.

S0ULZB0URNE

It’s going to have the same expansion slot on the back, I have no link, but you are silly if you think otherwise.

Going to have to wait until the official reveal, but I’ll bookmark this post, just so you can get the info you already know, but seem to need.
I hope but won't assume with MS.

graywolf323

Plus there's Xbox tax. These cards use proprietary tech so MS will take their share of every sale. These cards will never be as cheap as a regular SSD.

yep, for all the pro-consumer decisions Microsoft has made with Xbox lately (both real and just the ones their fanboys push), the proprietary tech for expanding storage was such a bullshit move

Top Bottom