• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: WoW Dragonflight release Nov 28, Diablo IV pre-orders begin Dec 8 during The Game Awards

Jennings

They're starting preorders at an award show and not at Blizzcon? Did the award show promise to award them something in exchange for that? Maybe if I use Google I'll find out Blizzcon was canceled or something.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
oh boy dunk GIF

So excite for .... Preorders!

ManaByte

Gold Member
oh boy dunk GIF

So excite for .... Preorders!

They don't post pre-orders unless they have a release date target. When they posted Dragonflight they said it'd be out by the end of 2022 (no one here believed them), and according to this the 10.0 pre-patch is Oct 25th. The pre-patch is basically updating the game with all of the expansion files, and then a small server-side hotfix on launch day unlocks the new content for everyone.

Stamps1646

They're starting preorders at an award show and not at Blizzcon? Did the award show promise to award them something in exchange for that? Maybe if I use Google I'll find out Blizzcon was canceled or something.
Blizzard announced Blizzcon will come back next year.

Valt7786

It's doubtful the quality of Dragonflight will come anywhere close to FFXIV Endwalker.

I've played, and loved, both since their releases, at least until shadowlands for WoW, I still play Endwalker.
There is absolutely nothing about Dragonflight that makes me want to go back. It looks so boring, safe and "identity" friendly. And adding this whole cross-faction play etc...just, nah. It's not the game it was.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I'd love them to release it on Game Pass day one and that they're just holding the surprise until the Activision purchase is done

ManaByte

Gold Member
I've played, and loved, both since their releases, at least until shadowlands for WoW, I still play Endwalker.
There is absolutely nothing about Dragonflight that makes me want to go back. It looks so boring, safe and "identity" friendly. And adding this whole cross-faction play etc...just, nah. It's not the game it was.
Opposite for me. Dragonflight looks like a return to a more classic WoW setting. They went too extreme with Shadowlands.

They sent out a survey, indicating it might have a battle pass, purchasable in-game platinum coins for cosmetics. Purchasable cosmetics include horses, armor, back equipment.
Seems pretty standard for a game like this these days. Cosmetic only and if this means they will actually treat this game like a live service with regular content updates, rather than the 10 years good but minor updates of Diablo 3 we got, I’m very much in for this.

Top Bottom