• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: US banning TikTok, Justice Department announcing today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

So this is happening shortly and the gossip on the Twitter is that the US is banning TikTok as it’s basically a CCP spying app.

About time. They don’t allow TikTok on phones in government buildings as it is because the CCP can remotely turn on the mic and camera on any device the cancer app is installed on.

Zoomers and e-thots on suicide watch.

So this is happening shortly and the gossip on the Twitter is that the US is banning TikTok as it’s basically a CCP spying app.

About time. They don’t allow TikTok on phones in government buildings as it is because the CCP can remotely turn on the mic and camera on any device the cancer app is installed on.

Zoomers and e-thots on suicide watch.

e thots have several options, i doubt they will be mad.

Stitch

Gold Member
huh, but it was totally not a spy app when some other guy tried to ban that shit.

Donald Trump GIF by CBS News

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'm surprised these kinds of apps come out every few years and catch fire.

So many of these are small adjustments from the bigger social media sites but in a different wrapper. Tiktok doing 10 second video snips seems like something other social media sites can do too.

nocsi

I'm surprised these kinds of apps come out every few years and catch fire.

So many of these are small adjustments from the bigger social media sites but in a different wrapper. Tiktok doing 10 second video snips seems like something other social media sites can do too.
There was Vine. Now there's YT shorts and Instagram reels. Short-form videos really are where its at. The problem with TikTok is --- it gives voice to people that shouldn't have an audience lol. It's very clear there's some sort of bot activity influencing pro-Chinese rhetoric on the platform. You're more likely to go viral promoting certain things that aligns with the platform's agenda.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Fuck me, what year is this?!?!
Garland is finishing what that other guy started. While I enjoy the app because of the content I follow... I don't appreciate bad actors potentially spying on us!

China has become an orwellian nightmare governed by a very dangerous dictatorship. No western nation should trust them at this point.

No country should!

Last edited:

ManaByte

There was Vine. Now there's YT shorts and Instagram reels. Short-form videos really are where its at. The problem with TikTok is --- it gives voice to people that shouldn't have an audience lol. It's very clear there's some sort of bot activity influencing pro-Chinese rhetoric on the platform. You're more likely to go viral promoting certain things that aligns with the platform's agenda.
Instagram reels are just 90% reposted TikToks though.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Banned my kids for this reason years ago... Went to the shitty YouTube Shorts or whatever, but still, fucking mindless garbage. Maybe YouTube will also shut theirs down cause it's impossible to monitize anyways...

Now about Twitter and Facebook... Free us all.

Reflection of the sad state of much of the United States right now.

It's literally Chinese government surveillance software being installed onto our phones but everyone's going to be pissed because they lose a bit of mind numbing entertainment.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Chinese media and photo apps are on another level. Most have a lot of free features with only ads as a caveat. Western apps can’t compete. Any that I have used went on to become fully paid or subscription based

Chinese data harvesting is an absolute cut above what other countries have been doing. It’s nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom