• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Spider-man playable character in Marvel's Avengers exclusive to PS4 / PS5

DarkBatman

What’s the last 3rd party game MIcrosoft secured content not available on other platforms for?

The bought several third party studios, thus making their games unavailable on other platforms.
They bought timed exclusives, therefore other platform holders have to wait longer.
And they paid the Ryu Ga Gotoku studio to release the next-gen version of Yakuza 7 on XSX first, with the PS5 release day tbd atm.

Same practice, stupid, terrible, but at the end it seems to be paying of.
So MS and Sony are both terrible in that regard.

NeoGiffer

hqdefault.jpg

You telling me people wasn't expecting this?

It seems they weren't, but then again there wasn't much communication on this at the beginning. Still when you factor that this game is not only getting marketed on Playstation 4 more than any and exclusive dlc. It wasn't and ain't that hard to put together it was gonna be spider man one way or another.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Wheres our resident xboxers like lady bernstakel kagey or longdi?

Seems to be vanished out of nowhere

No one there getting outraged over this?

I will if i were them

Third party console exclusive content sucks

Amiga

Not confirmed yet, but the PS4 game references the Avengers being out on the West Coast and that's in this game.
That's actually very specific
Marvel tying Avengers to a 10 million selling game is a smart move.

this would also mean the main plot of both games is managed directly by Marvel.

On Demand

Banned
I really hope MS acquires WB Games Division and makes Batman/Superman exclusive to counter this shit. And according to Jez, MS has indeed put in a bid for them.

Sorry to break it to you but the parent company WB is not going to let their properties be exclusive to one platform.

MS aint buying 20 studios anyway.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
No way, only timed at best. Or maybe XBOX will have a ... wolverine or Deadpool? Naaaah... No way ppl. I don't believe it lol

Esca

Exclusively sucks, but I'm just excited to play as Spiderman if true and I like the open beta

Megatron

Tetris Effect Connected is launching as an exclusive for Xbox this yearother platforms wait six months and get a free update to include the Connected content.
that is shitty, but that’s still only timed exclusive. Spider-Man’s appearance in the avengers game is full exclusive right? Huge difference between six months and never.

Last edited:
You realize the Norse Thor looks nothing like Marvel's Thor...right?

I do. It's still Thor with a hammer and people cream themselves by just hearing his name. The original point being about mindshare and name association. That ticks the box. Considering it's also now part of a big franchise like God of War, and not a DLC skin for Grounded yeah......

Last edited:
that is shitty, but that’s still only timed exclusive. Spider-Man’s appearance in the avengers game is full exclusive right? Huge difference between six months and never.

Right, and FYI the last Tetris game (tetris effect) never came out on xbox at all. Sony made sure of that

Top Bottom