• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Season Round 3: Will Metroid Prime Trilogy release in 2020?

Will Switch get Metroid Prime Trilogy this year?

• Yes. It is coming before the end of the year. Get your preorder money ready.

• Hell, no. How many times do we have to go over this?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vawn

Banned
This one has been rumored for a while - at least as long as we've known Metroid Prime 4 is planned to release on Switch (and that feels like forever).

metroid-prime-trilogy-switch-cover.jpg

Nintendo hasn't said anything. But, after declining to forego Nintendo Directs for a while, they dropped Paper Mario out of nowhere and are releasing it two months later.

This rumor got more traction the other day when a realtor changed the release date for this (unannounced) game to June 19 - like three weeks from now.

We won't go that far yet, so we will just predict whether this sees a release at any point in 2020.

Your prediction will be visible to the world - so pretend you have confidence in your answer.

I'm personally telling you to BOOK IT. It's coming. And I'm excited as I have never played one of these games and it's time I rectify that.

paper-mario-the-origami-king.original.jpg

Super subtle hint there, Nintendo.

Last edited:

The Shepard

Who knows with Nintendo, they'll use it to plug a hole in there lineup at random I'm guessing. That and wind waker HD, I hope. Oh and that 3d mario game on wii u.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Being forced to pick an absolute yes or no, I do feel like the Metroid part of the recent Paper Mario trailer stuck out like a sore thumb.

That could maybe be something. Plus this supposed release date.

Still not confident it’s happening, though. This has become the white whale of Nintendo fans.

Vawn

Banned
Didn't they restart development last year?

That's Metroid Prime 4.

Being forced to pick an absolute yes or no, I do feel like the Metroid part of the recent Paper Mario trailer stuck out like a sore thumb.

That's a good point too. Of course, sometimes, Nintendo is just an asshole for the hell of it and do the exact opposite of what is obvious. Gonna update OP.

Last edited:

Bakkus

I'd say yes. Alongside that Mario collection, only because of how barren the rest of the year looks.

Yes. It's an easy win with the fans and gives them a cheap, high quality, value for money release one month to help pad the release schedule.

Plus I expect we'll see a Metroid Prime 4 teaser this year, and it will help build hype for it.

That would be a great idea to build up hype for MP4 but i doubt nintendo really gives a shit. Im still bitter how nintendo handled the 25th Anniversary....

Anno Domini

Neo Member
Man, Nintendo has been almost radio silent this year, It's really hard to guage what might actually be coming before the Christmas season.

A Metroid Prime trilogy remake would be Amazing, but I would also settle for a port with enhanced graphics and use of traditional controls with some gyro.

Chiggs

I wish they would so something. I've been dying to play through them again, but in HD and NOT on my PC using Dolphin.

Top Bottom