• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Season Round 2: Is Bluepoint's game Demon's Souls?

Is Bluepoint's next game Demon's Souls?

• Of course it is Demon's Souls. Take it to the bank.

• Lol, no. They're absolutely NOT remaking Demon's Souls.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Portugeezer

60% chance that it is, IMO.

I feel like they teased it more, then people started to talk and Bluepoint tried to muddy the waters with cryptic clues about other games. Maybe to keep the surprise, but at this point their silence says a lot, smells like Demon's Souls.

Miles708

All the reliable insiders are saying it is. Although I can't for the life of me understand why it even needs to exist. Just make it BC with an uprez and 60fps....

There are way more interesting and stagnant IPs in the Sony vault than this one. I mean every game is a soulsborne these days, right? Whats the fucking point of going back to this well. Its a waste of effort.
Wholeheartedly agree. I understand it from a business standpoint, but such a remake is as boring as it gets.

Idk why you would release demon souls. Might as well make Bloodborne 2.
Theres 20 souls games coming to the PS5 already. So nope. I think ill be something before PS3.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Soul Reaver has more possibilities simply due to how perfectly the world shifting gimmick synergizes with the facilities the SSD brings to the table. It really is a perfect test case for the tech.

replicant-

There is a growing expectation amongst fans that it is. Both Sony an BP will not be blind to this.

Meaning if it isn’t there is going to be a sense of disappointment for many in the community. A potential own goal which would be a shame for BP working hard on their project.

I can’t help but feel the rumour should have been killed if the game isn’t Demon’s.

Personally if not Demon’s I will be hugely disappointed. Sorry BP!

Camreezie

I would rather it be any of the other things rumoured than DS. Would be massively disappointed if it was DS with all the hints otherwise

Demon's Souls was one of the reasons I bought the PS3 early than I wanted, then I discovered it would only be available in Japan for a while hahaha. I remember that I wanted The Last Guardian too. I feel I like suffering because I bought the PS4 for Killzone...and let's not talk about it.

ruvikx

Banned
I want Dino Crisis

I want Metal Gear Solid. The first one, with the same voice cast & OST. Or Killzone 1. "Remakes" need to be PS1/PS2 era stuff (Resident Evil 2, Shadow of the Colossus, Crash Bandicoot). Anything later (PS360 onwards) is still good enough IMO without remaking the whole game.

I don't know "why" people are screaming for Demon Souls when all that needed for a nice little overhaul was either a remaster (with 60 fps & higher res) or merely the PS5 with backwards compatibility with PS3 & a 4k patch, like Gears of War 2 & 3 got on the One X. I also think Demon Souls was surpassed by the Dark Souls games, Bloodborne & even The Surge 2. So we'd be looking at the SAME sort of "meh" reception the Dark Souls remaster received.

And Bluepoint have been hyping their next release so I can't imagine it's Demon Souls. There would be a deflated hype thud if they announce that.

I just don’t want it to be DS. There’s so many amazing games that haven’t aged nearly as well, that could use the love that Bluepoint put into Shadow, or the crazy amount of effort they’ve been hyping here.

DS... seems in roughly good shape. I feel like that’s a great candidate for a traditional remaster, with 4K resolution, new textures, etc., not this.

That's a good point. DS doesn't really need a remake at all imho. But it would be nice to have a new player base for the online component, I guess.

Vawn

Banned
As much as I love Demon's Souls (I've played it many times over), I think it needs a BIT more than just an up-res or higher framerate. Some parts of the game are just inferior to later titles - like PvE and PvP. Unlimited healing can make some PvP battles incredibly annoying and a waste of resources.

Same goes with the otherwise cool PvP story boss battle.

And fucking ladders. My 73 year-old dad climbs up and down ladders faster than the guys in Demon's Souls.

The menu system is beyond obtuse. There is no rhyme or reason why they literally label nothing outside of random symbols that don't mean anything to the player until they look it up.

World tendency is a great concept, but it can be a bit too annoying to manipulate and can be reset by things out of the players control. Also, the little dark and light statues that show WT, are very difficult to interpret if they are at all-white, full-dark or not.

It's still my favorite Souls game and one of my favorite games ever. But it could use a new jolt of life. And, of course, bringing the servers back online.

Trogdor1123

I just want 1080/60 and the 6 arch stone!

Demon's souls is just awesome.

But that being said, we are talking about a rumoured announcement for rumoured game for a rumoured event... Not holding my breath

All the reliable insiders are saying it is. Although I can't for the life of me understand why it even needs to exist. Just make it BC with an uprez and 60fps....

There are way more interesting and stagnant IPs in the Sony vault than this one. I mean every game is a soulsborne these days, right? Whats the fucking point of going back to this well. Its a waste of effort.

Every game is a soulsborne, eh?

Vawn

Banned
But that being said, we are talking about a rumoured announcement for rumoured game for a rumoured event... Not holding my breath

The June PS5 software reveal is pretty much a guarantee at this point. And we know Bluepoint has a game they're revealing soon. The only real unknown is what that game is.

Cato

Banned
Not sure if I want a remake of Demon Souls. I still play it and love it on my PS3 but a remake?
(warning, wildly unpopular opinion)
If they do a remake I sure want them to do a proper remake and not just a "recompile" that Dark Souls Remastered turned out to be.
Sure, the remaster was faithful. Too faithful. It felt exactly like playing the aging original DS on a PS3.
No quality of life updates, not even an attempt to make the gameplay and combat less clunky.

After BB and DS3, I really did not think DSR was any good. I mean, WHY do it if you are not going to update the aging mechanics too?
If I want to play DS with the original clunky combat and mechanics I can do that, with the original DS version on the original PS3.

Lets just say I was so disappounted by DSR. "It is exactly the same, why didn't they use the DS3 engine? why didn't they update x/y/z?"
Once I realized I constantly asked myself "why am I playing this and not the original DS?" I just put the game away and never touched DSR again.
Please do not let that happen with Demon Souls.

mortal

Gold Member
Hmm, not entirely sure about this one. Although I'm leaning towards it being a Demon's Souls remake.

Bryank75

Banned
If it is a Demons Souls remake, I hope afterwards Bluepoint can make their own sequel.... From are moved onto open-world and there's a space for this type of game brought to a new level.
I believe there is still lots of room to innovate on the formula.

Top Bottom