• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Platinum Games In Charge For MGS Rising Development [Platinum: Nope]

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I have no source other than the one that shared this information with me. I am the source basically. So I thought about posting this myself here.
Please do not ban if it ends up being a dud. My source is 100% reliable. But of course can't say more.

A reliable source told iWaggle3D today that the Raiden-centered MGS spin-off Metal Gear Solid Rising has switched developer, escaping Kojima Production to infiltrate Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish). Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta creator Hideki Kamiya is apparently directing the game.

But wait, there is more...

While unable to confirm nor deny Move support for Rising, our source shed some light on future plans regarding the MGS franchise as a whole.

Besides confirming the PS3 remake of Peace Walker (likely to be a "PSP Remaster" with possibly 3D support, albeit he couldn't tell for sure), he also revealed that the next installment in the "main" MGS franchise (Metal Gear Solid 5, basically) is scheduled for this generation as a multiplatform release, with PS3, Xbox 360, NGP and "possibly 3DS" mentioned as landing platforms.

Finally, PC *PORTS* of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are bound to be released digitally via Valve's e-Commerce portal Steam.

Of course, like with any rumor, you might want to digest all of the above with a pinch of salt. While I have no reason not to trust the source that shared these details (I wouldn't relay this information to you otherwise), internal production plans can change, so...

Hopefully the upcoming E3 will set things in stone with some official confirmations from Konami.

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/05/rumor-platinum-games-in-charge-for-mgs.html

Like you'd get banned anyway.

Interesting if true. Would explain the timelock Rising appears to be stuck in.

He better do a fuck awesome job of PS3 Peace Walker.

Blablurn

if true, i approve this message. the more MGS, the better. And bringing Rising to Platinum would be a fantastic idea.

Finally, PC remakes of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are bound to be released digitally via Valve's e-Commerce portal Steam.

Well. That's unexpectedly awesome news.

Probably shouldn't get my hopes up though.

Radogol

I once wrote a preview of MGS3 for a (as-of-then) PC-only gaming mag. It would be cool if that port eventually came out ;)

Finally, PC remakes of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are bound to be released digitally via Valve's e-Commerce portal Steam.

If these are remakes, then take my money.

If these are ports, well its got MGS3 in there so still take my money.

Lakitu

st5fu
I'd only accept a new MGS main-line game if it were as awesome as MGS 3.

But still, interesting. Hopefully a few things are clear in the next couple of weeks.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I kinda believed it until this line. No way this is true.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Yeah, this sounds like something one of you forum guys would have dreamt up with your collective Platinum Games' hard-ons.

Wow. Would explain Kojima's tweets and also severely undermines the progress that the successors to Kojima had hoped to make when beginning Rising. Basically shows the lack of faith Konami had in the team. Kojima leaving Konami soon?

Detox

This part just sounds like a pipe dream, if they are truly remakes with better textures etc why wouldn't they at least be released on the 360?

Hideki Kamiya is apparently directing the game
Hype!!

PC remakes of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are bound to be released digitally via Valve's e-Commerce portal Steam
Megahype!!

Hope your source is correct TTP, this would be fantastic news all round. Will be interesting to see what happens if the next MGS does indeed go multiplatform.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rahxephon91 said:
Really? This dosen't sound like complete bulltshit to you?

Why? Platinum can't develop games for publishers besides Sega?

In any case, I would have not published this news if the my source wasn't 100% reliable.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do not want. Bayonetta 2 instead please.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
No way.

MGS2 & MGS3, the best games ever on my PC, and fucking Platinum taking over Rising? These things are not possible.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Seem logical to me as Vanquish's story line is about as screwed up as any MGS game. The thing I'm excited about is there'll be less CGI and more action Action ACTION if true.

Even though it sounds like complete BS. If it was true and Kamiya took over Rising...Only one thing can be posted if it ends up true.

MaeUC.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The PC remakes bit is just too good to be true. I refuse to believe... for now.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Detox said:
This part just sounds like a pipe dream, if they are truly remakes with better textures etc why wouldn't they at least be released on the 360?

I wrote "remakes" cos I assume you have to re-write engines and what not for a PC release no? An emulator would do for MGS1,2,3 but for 4? Besides, some MGS games have already been released for PC afaik.

Source just said they are coming to Steam. Didn't specify in what form.

Top Bottom