• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: New Castlevania Game 'In Discussion' with Sony and Konami

Bo_Hazem

Banned
castlevania-anniversary-collection-key-art.jpg

Leaker KatharsisT was recently asked if Sony is working on a new Castlevania game amid rumors that the company is making a Silent Hill PS5 exclusive game and a Metal Gear Solid remake. KatharsisT responded by saying that Sony and Konami were "in discussion" when it comes to the Castlevania series, but that's the extent of their knowledge. This could mean that Konami and Sony are collaborating on a new Castlevania game, but it could also mean that discussions ultimately fell through and no such game is in development.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I wonder how well a traditional 2D pimped out Castlevania would do in modern day. And I'm not talking about that XBLA game from years back.

I mean a SotN kind of game but with modern visuals. Let's say, put it up against a Hollow Knight kind of thing which has good production values for an indie game.

Sell it for $20 or $30.

Jackpot? Or disaster?

Kilau

Gold Member
I wonder how well a traditional 2D pimped out Castlevania would do in modern day. And I'm not talking about that XBLA game from years back.

I mean a SotN kind of game but with modern visuals. Let's say, put it up against a Hollow Knight kind of thing which has good production values for an indie game.

Sell it for $20 or $30.

Jackpot? Or disaster?
Bloodstained was pretty well received.

Bo_Hazem

Banned

Sell it for $20 or $30.

Jackpot? Or disaster?

I know the game but not familiar with it as never played it. Not sure how it'll pan out.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Definitely not the type of game a Castlevania fan would probably want, but I always thought this franchise could cash in on making different genres like deck building card games. There's definitely enough characters, monsters and items already.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Some people now seem to discredit KatharsisT. But she accurately leaked Ghost of Tsushima Legends -- something that no one was expecting. They could not have done that without having any actual, accurate source in Sony.

Now David has also said that MGS Remake might actually be real, as per his sources. Combined all that with Jim, saying that PS has been partnering with Japanese developers, I think KatharsisT isn't lying. All this may come to fruition soon.

Konami is not making Castlevania.
Konami is not making Silent Hill.
Konami is not remaking Metal Gear.

The sooner you sad pathetic fops get this through your head, the saner you will be.
I TOLD you at the game awards that Silent Hill wouldn't be announced and everyone doubted me.

NEVER doubt me. I am ALWAYS right. These games are not coming.
We are likelier to get SMT V and that game is fucking cancelled.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member

The sooner you sad pathetic fops get this through your head, the saner you will be.
I TOLD you at the game awards that Silent Hill wouldn't be announced and everyone doubted me.

You were wrong, are wrong and will be wrong.

Just because Silent Hill missed a couple of events in the middle of a pandemic WHILE it was being moved to another developer doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Several verified and reliable individuals and websites have reported about plans involving Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania, and if you were able to look at the whole picture of rumors and information like I do, then you wouldn't be saying any of that.

ManaByte

alan cumming boris GIF

MrSarcastic

Banned
On the contrary. I think there are less rumors about PS (because they keep things so tight) and more official news and announcements, e.g., the recent Firewalk Studios partnership
I mean. There was the silent hill, metal gear, the doctor strange game from remedy, the space game from Santa Monica, and some huge third-party unannounced time exclusive. I healthy dose of rumors for fans to go wild.

onesvenus

It'd be really awesome if these rumours were true and somebody picked up all these franchises and brought them back to life.
I'd prefer not being limited to a single plastic box but I suppose those wouldn't get made otherwise

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Konami are turning up to digital E3 this year. They have to be showing something. Now if it's PES only I'll be pissed unless their show is a spiritual successor to the shitshow they had about a decade ago.

Well good i highly doubt they could make anything worth a damn if their life dependet on it these days they should just license these IPs out to someone who can and stick to gambling or whatever they do these days.

FrozenFlame

Some people now seem to discredit KatharsisT. But she accurately leaked Ghost of Tsushima Legends -- something that no one was expecting. They could not have done that without having any actual, accurate source in Sony.

Now David has also said that MGS Remake might actually be real, as per his sources. Combined all that with Jim, saying that PS has been partnering with Japanese developers, I think KatharsisT isn't lying. All this may come to fruition soon.
And how many things did that person got wrong? See, this is what happens with all insiders, they get one or two things right and people from that point on keep ignoring all the other wrong stuff they "leaked".

The leak didn't come to fruition?
"It was delayed."
"Next show."
"It was quietly canceled."
"My source is to blame."

I bet those people have limited access to information and after they leaked it, they don't have anything more to leak. But they crave for the attention... So they make stuff up or use a rumor they heard as their own. "Oh, yeah, yeah, I ALSO know sbout that SECRET game being created, ahah."

This rumor would be alot more exciting. if it wasn't for the fact they've said how many times the rumored silent hill game was gonna be announced at such and such event to "it was delayed, announcement coming soon!" and then back pedal. No offense to those who are hoping she's right, but it's gonna take alot more than that imo.

Rudius

What they should do is first remake Symphony of the Night, perhaps in the Soul Storm graphical style, and then make a sequel to it.

RoboFu

One of the green rats

Sell it for $20 or $30.

Jackpot? Or disaster?
Bloodstained did pretty well. Not a mega hit though.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
And how many things did that person got wrong? See, this is what happens with all insiders, they get one or two things right and people from that point on keep ignoring all the other wrong stuff they "leaked".

The leak didn't come to fruition?
"It was delayed."
"Next show."
"It was quietly canceled."
"My source is to blame."

I bet those people have limited access to information and after they leaked it, they don't have anything more to leak. But they crave for the attention... So they make stuff up or use a rumor they heard as their own. "Oh, yeah, yeah, I ALSO know sbout that SECRET game being created, ahah."
I don't think they have leaked a lot of stuff (AFAIK at least).

There was the Ghost of Tsushima Legends thing which turned out to be correct. Then there is the Silent Hill leak (which the leaker keeps missing the announcement date), and then there is the Metal Gear remake.

There are other sources that implied the Silent Hill project is real -- including the musicians sort of implied that. David is also saying that the Metal Gear Remake is legit. IIRC, NXGamer also confirmed that MG Remake is real.

I'm not saying that they are 100% accurate, but I think there is enough evidence to believe them for at least a little while longer.

Papacheeks

Banned

Can confirm mgs. Silent hill sounds like it is in development but feels like there might have had people left the project bat some point.

FrozenFlame

I don't think they have leaked a lot of stuff (AFAIK at least).

There was the Ghost of Tsushima Legends thing which turned out to be correct. Then there is the Silent Hill leak (which the leaker keeps missing the announcement date), and then there is the Metal Gear remake.

There are other sources that implied the Silent Hill project is real -- including the musicians sort of implied that. David is also saying that the Metal Gear Remake is legit. IIRC, NXGamer also confirmed that MG Remake is real.

I'm not saying that they are 100% accurate, but I think there is enough evidence to believe them for at least a little while longer.
I'm just going to quote part of a post that I saw on reddit a while back about that person:

"So let me get this straight - Katharsis said Silent Hill reboot is in development at Sony Japan with Toyama leading the project. Then Toyama left.

Katharsis said that Toyama only left because the project was pretty much finished and they are going to unveil it at the Game Awards 2020. Then they didn't.

Katharsis then said that plans must have shifted, but the game was definitely still being developed by Sony Japan. Then Sony Japan disbanded as a developer.

When that news broke Katharsis tried to wiggle out of it by saying "haha so that's why I haven't heard anything about that game for a while", as if that's in any way a reasonable, satisfactory explanation (if she had someone inside the studio feeding her SH information wouldn't that someone tell her that, y'know, the studio is shutting down?!)..."

Ellery

There are just too many rumors about amazing nostalgic games floating around. At some point you have to wonder how much of it all is just completely made up or even spread directly by people to keep you on the hook in gaming droughts.

I feel like the chance of even just one of those recent rumors being true is nearly zero, but all of them? No way.

We always have these rumors and the internet seems to have the attention span of 2 hours and every few months we have new rumors that just are not happening and then those rumors come back again and still nothing happens.

Saber

Gold Member
Hard to believe in that mate...what reason would they even make a Castlevania all the sudden? And exclusive to Sony? I don't think Konami is in a good position to do that.

I hope its true because I like Castlevania, but damn its hard to this to even be true.

Godot25

Banned
KatharsisT?

Wasn't she the one who spread rumors that new Silent Hill game is in development in Japan Studio?
And who claimed that Kojima is working with Sony?
And who claimed that Bluepoint is working on MGS remake?

But. Maybe if she throw enough shit on the wall, something will eventually stick...

Salz01

KatharsisT?

Wasn't she the one who spread rumors that new Silent Hill game is in development in Japan Studio?
And who claimed that Kojima is working with Sony?
And who claimed that Bluepoint is working on MGS remake?

But. Maybe if she throw enough shit on the wall, something will eventually stick...

KatharsisT future post - “Guys, I just heard a studio is working on a video game, just watch out for it.’

Sleepwalker

Gold Member
If Sony is involved it won't be a 2d platform Castlevania game.

Get ready to embrace Castlevania interactive movie. I'm totally down for it anyway

Top Bottom