• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: New Batman from WB, Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Leaked + Far Cry 6 + Horizon Zero Dawn 2 And More

Fawst

Banned
Honestly, Mass Effect 1 deserves a Remake. That game was an absolute gem.

Came here to post this: 1 needs a remake, full stop. Great game, way too clunky and visually repetitive (looking at you, the same fucking base I searched before, over and over). And wow did some of those animations need distinguishing between MaleShep and FemShep.

SinDelta

Unless they remaster the ending, and by remaster I mean completly revamp the ending to reflect the players choices, I an meh on a Mass Effect trilogy remaster.

What has my attention-

The Harry Potter RPG
Horizon Zero Dawn 2
Fable 4 (In a Post Witcher 3/Breath of the Wild world.)

Last edited:

Fawst

Banned
I never finished ME3. I heard the original ending was bullshit because, after three games where all your choices matter, the ending did not depend upon those choices at all. Is this true? Because they deserved the ridicule in that case.

SamFo

Has anyone noticed how the leaks barely seem to mention new IP that's developed?

Seriously I would be inclined to believe them more if they just peppered a few made up ones in to make it sound more believable.

Here I'll try:

• Gun Club - A new AAA IP by Microsoft's studio The Initiative (who will most likely be rebranded) - They are attempting to make a AAA roguelike with multiplayer/persistent character elements - one developer said 'it is Microsoft's most ambitious project yet
  • Ashes of Aries - New IP published by Activision - has been in the works off and on for years. Online service game they picked up before the ditched Destiny.

Katajx

Gold Member
I’m ready to put some of this speculation to bed. Some of these “leaked”games are bound to be bullshit. Gonna have to prepare for heartbreak expecting some of these titles.

Silent Hill PS (console) exclusive would be biggest bomb here, at least for me. Some kind of collaboration between Konami and Sony because former is to incompetent these days to do it alone. I know about the rumors but I was always skeptical. That would be massive.

RE is turning into CoD these days with yearly releases. I’m not complaining, will get it but don’t expect groundbreaking stuff, that’s for sure.

Never played Demon’s Souls so that would be aimed directly at me. Good times.

I don’t know why we need more Batman though, they maxed out everything in those 3 (or 4?) games. I thought that chapter was closed but I guess people love more money.

prag16

Banned
Mass Effect Trilogy.. I've playedthrough those games so many times that I'm not sure what they could do in a remaster that would convince me to buy again. Obviously would need ALL released DLC, graphical improvements that far outpace the best PC mods, and probably significant updates to ME1's mechanics. Still not sure if that'd be enough to seal the deal.

I'm more interested in what they do next with the IP. Andromeda was good-ish imo but full of wasted potential. Anthem was a pile of shit. Bioware may no longer be Bioware.

Strider311

I swear on Martha Wayne’s grave, this Batman game better be fucking real. I will insta-preorder the most lavish collectors edition. Praise be to the Bat.

bender

What time is it?
Housemarque and AAA seem a touch at odds. I know they've declared "arcade is dead", but more often than not they create wonderful arcade experiences. If they are working on something bigger, I hope they expand upon Alienation. A full fledged sci-fi alternative to Diablo would be tops.

Far Cry 6 needs a far tighter map.

Ubisoft is trending the opposite direction with their open world games. Bigger maps with tons of filer content littered within.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope there's Square Enix stuff tho.

I'm only legit excited for Silent Hill in the list.

royox

I never finished ME3. I heard the original ending was bullshit because, after three games where all your choices matter, the ending did not depend upon those choices at all. Is this true? Because they deserved the ridicule in that case.

At launch, the quantity of endings you were able to pick were based on a numeral score called War Assets and that score depended on your choices. For example:
-saved the rachni queen in ME1
-Rachni queen and her army helps you fighting the reapers in ME3
+ 1000 War Assets

-Didnt save the queen in 1
-Rachni joins the Reaper army.
+0 War Assets

At the end you have to do a choice and the possibilities you have are based on how powerful is your army. That wasnt the mostake, the mistake was that the cinematic of the choices are almost the same but changing the color of an explosion (the explosion having totally diferent effects but come on, that was cheap).

But people got angry that they reached the ending and they didn't get to pick what they wanted so they nerfed the amount of WA so just playing ME3 grants you WA enough to get all the endings making your choices on the previous 2 games pointless TO THE ENDINGS. Your choices still matter as they change the universe during the game, but the endings are unaltered

yurinka

I don't know who is this guy but sounds real. But not sure about Silent Hill since was oficially debunked.

KAL2006

Banned
Leaks like this are obviously bullshit. They are basically good educated guesses.

If it was a real leak they will name some random new IP you haven't heard of. More details of each game like the location in Far Cry.

DeeDogg_

Banned
Isn't he basically confirming 99% of stuff that doesn't even need confirmation?

Really? The already leaked harry potter game is a thing? Cant believe ubisoft is making far cry 6...and wait a moment, since when guerrilla is interested in making the sequel of sony current gen biggest new ip?

Let me guess, he has inside info about gears 6 being a thing too??
these insiders are fucking useless nowadays. Just repeating whatever heavily rumored game is out there at the moment and giving vague non details about them

Far cry set in a future setting would be cool

I would love to see a battlefield game that brings all the eras into 1 game and mashes it up with some new stuff

You could have a trex with stinger missles vs a panzer tank

kuncol02

Banned
At launch, the quantity of endings you were able to pick were based on a numeral score called War Assets and that score depended on your choices. For example:
+ 1000 War Assets

+0 War Assets

At the end you have to do a choice and the possibilities you have are based on how powerful is your army. That wasnt the mostake, the mistake was that the cinematic of the choices are almost the same but changing the color of an explosion (the explosion having totally diferent effects but come on, that was cheap).

But people got angry that they reached the ending and they didn't get to pick what they wanted so they nerfed the amount of WA so just playing ME3 grants you WA enough to get all the endings making your choices on the previous 2 games pointless TO THE ENDINGS. Your choices still matter as they change the universe during the game, but the endings are unaltered
AFAIR you could also get war points in multiplayer basically forcing people to play it, or something like that.

andreutas

Neo Member
I disliked everything about the game. I'll be real with you. I could not stand the music, I could not stand the setting and it was also a very buggy game to. Gunplay was poop. I dislike country stuff alot.
Fair enough. Yeah when talking about the music it's the melodic / ambient stuff from the group Hammock I liked. But agree, the game definitely had it's flaws. Mostly the mission structure.

Fair enough. Yeah when talking about the music it's the melodic / ambient stuff from the group Hammock I liked. But agree, the game definitely had it's flaws. Mostly the mission structure.

A futuristic Far Cry or fantasy would be great. But I doubt it will happen. Apperently Far Cry 6 does not take place in USA.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

I havent been following the leaks but Im excited for exactly none of those projects.
This is what everyone's been getting worked up about?

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Gamers are going to support a Mass Effect remaster, in remasters you can correct a lot of flaws from the original format.

RAIDEN1

As mentioned previously I'd rather have seen a spin-off from Mass Effect, instead of just re-hashing the story in 1080p/4k/Higher resolution, something new, instead of just another re-tread..

HotPocket69

Banned
As mentioned previously I'd rather have seen a spin-off from Mass Effect, instead of just re-hashing the story in 1080p/4k/Higher resolution, something new, instead of just another re-tread..

You really want current BioWare to diarrhea out another Mass Effect?

And Andromeda was basically a spin off anyway. And it was utter shit.

Someone probably already pointed this out, but why weren't any of these big third-party titles shown at the Xbox conference if they are real..? Sounds like fake.

RAIDEN1

You really want current BioWare to diarrhea out another Mass Effect?

And Andromeda was basically a spin off anyway. And it was utter shit.
Well no, a spin-off done right I mean, this time a story from maybe a turian perspective? Or any of the other alien races, it doesn't have to revolve around a Shephard-wannabe.. and if I am correct wasn't Andromeda for all intents and purposes Mass Effect 4, knowing what happened to the Commander in ME: 3 and the likelyhood of that character coming back for part 4 were slim anyway, along with the rest of his crew...

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Well no, a spin-off done right I mean, this time a story from maybe a turian perspective? Or any of the other alien races, it doesn't have to revolve around a Shephard-wannabe..

Turians absolutely. What they should’ve done from the get go after the trilogy was The First Contact War.

Aggelos

Guys, there's truly a high possibility that a new RE game is coming.
Why is that? RE is Capcom's best-selling series of all time.
Meaning that it's become their war-horse, so they're gonna play everything on it. They will go to town and develop instalments all-out, through-and-through.

Back in March 2017 there was an interview with Koushi Nakanishi and Anpo Yasuhiro. They alluded to an unannounced RE project being in the works.

“Also, there are many creators at Capcom, including myself, who love Resident Evil, and Anpo-san has something worthy praise that’s in development as well, Nakanishi added, laughing.
“I can’t announce anything yet, but as of now, I’ve been developing a certain product,” Anpo responded. “Please look forward to it.”

RE2 Remake had been announced back in summer 2015. Anpo was the team director of RE2Remake. Then via the RE3Remake credits it was revealed that Anpo was one of the co-directors of RE3Remake. That's what he meant when he referred to a certain product. Thus, mystery solved -> he assisted the main director Kiyohiko Sakata in the development of RE3Remake.

But still the question is : what has Nakanishi been working on since RE7? And that's probably the rumoured RE8 that is being talked about here.

Capcom's Development Division (headed by Jun Takeuchi) must be working like crazy on RE games ever since it was founded. And they surely will continue to work like eager beavers, like busy little bees.

Last edited:
+ 1000 War Assets

+0 War Assets

I'd argue the fact that most of the endings either fundamentally undermine or totaly invalidate your choices, regardless of what they were, also makes the games pointless.

And let's not act as if the endings were the only shit writting that fucked up what everyone loved about the previous games.

Mass Effect 3 was 75% infuriating bollocks with a handful of stretches that were pure fried gold.

Top Bottom