• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: New Batman from WB, Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Leaked + Far Cry 6 + Horizon Zero Dawn 2 And More

iorek21

While I really enjoy Far Cry 5, I can't deny that its storytelling, mission structure and setting were kind of bland.

Gameplay still the same from 2012, which is very worrying, not even Assassin's Creed kept this long with the same structure.

I really hope they drop the arcade feel of FC 3-5 and return to the more grounded approach of Far Cry 2

O-N-E

Damn. You really are that stupid aren't you? lol. I think this whole thing is going over your head.

RE 8 was supposed to be a surprise. Silent Hill was supposed to be a surprise. Horizon Zero Dawn 2 while is quite obvious a sequel was still supposed to be a surprise. Point is all of these started leaking far in advanced and it makes it seem that there is nothing really knew, but these are the surprises lol.

I think it's insane you're the one calling ME stupid.

That's where I'll end it.

I think it's insane you're the one calling ME stupid.

That's where I'll end it.

yeah end it , because you have nothing to argue against when I just proved you wrong lol. Your sitting here complaining about lack of surprises, when in reality the surprises got leaked months in advanced and have nothing to say about it.

Last edited:

O-N-E

yeah end it , because you have nothing to argue against when I just proved you wrong lol. Your sitting here complaining about lack of surprises, when in reality the surprises got leaked months in advanced and have nothing to say about it.

You didn't prove shit.

You're such an idiot that you don't understand, if all these surprises got leaked "months in advanced", then what is this Danish fellow offering exactly? Shit that we already knew and an un-named IP from a dev that's obviously working on something?

Come off it, ye dwarf for brains.

You didn't prove shit.

You're such an idiot that you don't understand, if all these surprises got leaked "months in advanced", then what is this Danish fellow offering exactly? Shit that we already knew and an un-named IP from a dev that's obviously working on something?

Come off it, ye dwarf for brains.

You being serious right now? I don't think you know the point of rumor discussions or speculations. I don't think this thread is for you. What exactly are you expecting - a leak of Naughty Dog next's game with the title and a splash logo? lol. There is a lot of new information here whether its safe betting or not is the point. Far Cry 6, ME Trilogy and also further re-confirms what was leaking months in advanced. But I guess if you do not enjoy talking about these things then that's not my/our problem. If you have nothing interesting to say or add anything to the discussion then do not bother posting. Posting shit like "Fake news" "safe betting" does nothing constructive and ruins the fun of discussing this with people who actually do care and are not negative pricks. GTFO of this thread bud.

Last edited:
OP

You've spoiled the games in the thread title. I don't want to be that guy but come on man. Some of us want to keep this shit a surprise until next week.

Batman by Warner Bros Montreal - States that they wanted to keep pushing with the hints on twitter, leading up to a full E3 reveal.
He says we'll get to see the game revealed this summer. It's supposed to be showed off within the next couple of months, because "the release is sooner than you think"

Impossible. I thought this game would come out 2 fucking years ago.

Pejo

I fucking swear, if they get rid of World Tendency or add Soul Memory/summon 2+ helpers or invaders to Demon's Souls, I'm going to fly to Bluehole studio and take a shit in their lobby.

Perrott

Gold Member
OP

You've spoiled the games in the thread title. I don't want to be that guy but come on man. Some of us want to keep this shit a surprise until next week.
Wait... are games such as Far Cry SIX, Horizon Zero Dawn TWO or a Batman game already TEASED by WB surprises to you? In which world do you live in to not expect those games at all? What would Guerrilla be making instead? Huh? Legend of Dragoon? Motorstorm?

Last edited:
Wait... are games such as Far Cry SIX, Horizon Zero Dawn TWO or a Batman game already TEASED by WB surprises to you? In which would do you live in to not expect those games at all? What would Guerrilla be making instead? Huh? Legend of Dragoon? Motorstorm?

Well, thanks for your condescending snark, dipshit.

I know the PS6 will be announced within the next 10 years, does that mean I want the specs spoiling in a random threadline? No.

Neither do I want to know what games will be 'announced' or shown at what events. I have no E3 this year, I have to keep online to find out when the events are and I - and I don't think im alone here - would like some suprises.

If that's OK with you, of course?

Perrott

Gold Member
I can't see HouseMarque doing AAA. I mean I love their games but they're too small and untested.

I can see them getting an A or AA level games - maybe a low-key reboot. But how can they get the money and resources dropped on them for a full AAA game when they've mostly done smallish twin stick shooters?

Housemarque - december 2018 said:
We started working on new, creative concepts to present to potential partners and eventually, we landed a great opportunity to start working on pre-production for a new, unannounced AAA IP last year.

At the same time, we truly started to rethink our company culture. What is really needed to build up AAA game development capabilities, and how should we approach our overall development process and the future of the company.

Housemarque - january 2020 said:
So now we are focused on delivering our most ambitious and biggest game to date, putting every other project on hold, including the development of Stormdivers. It is great that the whole company can come together to deliver this game, which will define the next evolution of Housemarque. We are very humbled to have amazing support from our partner over the course of the past few years, and this support has continuously grown on a monthly basis.

In closing, Housemarque is very excited to celebrate our 25th Anniversary this Summer, and we are confident that we will pleasantly surprise our fans with the new game. We are eagerly awaiting the day we can announce it.

Last edited:
Oooooh Batman and Harry Potter are two licenses I really want done right on next gen. That HP footage that's been burned from the internet looked amazing. I really can't wait for it.

And of course I welcome Demons Souls and Horizon 2 with open arms.

Dr.Morris79

Agreed. Make sure the original intact version, with all the quirks (such as weight limits) is still playable alongside a version in which Bluepoint makes some creative changes. Do update the original resolution of course.
You have a heart of gold, don't let them take it from ye.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
"Too good to be true"? Really? We all know that those games are coming, we are just waiting for the official announcements.
For me it seems too good to be true, because all of that is stuff that I want and for the last couple of years events have been a major disappointment. For me, anyway.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
While I really enjoy Far Cry 5, I can't deny that its storytelling, mission structure and setting were kind of bland.

Gameplay still the same from 2012, which is very worrying, not even Assassin's Creed kept this long with the same structure.
I'm not sure I agree with you here. Farcry 5 was in a lot of ways underwhelming, but it's not because it was too similar to 2012's Farcry 3, but because it changed things that didn't make it better. Farcry 5 had nothing locked off, had no towers and was very free in how you progressed, you could choose to do side content or the main missions. The freedom was a good idea, but it created very awkward and stupid "forced capture sequence"

While in Farcry 3 you had to do the main missions, conquer outposts and unlock towers to advance the story.

I’ll just run Demon’s Souls on the emulator if they don’t open up the Sixth Archstone.

also, the demon giants should look like Dark Souls Giants turned evil because.

oh and I think in the 6th Archstone they flesh out God... and the revelations such as the Large Moonlight sword and the Moonlight Knight Bito.

There appears to be someone claiming to be a WB Marketing employee leaking details of the Harry Potter RPG on Reddit

To be called Hogwarts: A Dark Legacy (allegedly)

Cripes this sounds great I really hope that even half of this stuff is true! It sounds like a wish list of amazing stuff from someone though so it could be completely useless but it also kinda sounds interesting and real because there is some stuff I think fans might not think of.

ToadMan

Well, they are the current oldest active developer of finland (1995) and is the merger of two of the first video gaming companies of the country (Bloodhouse and Terramarque, booth 1993)

So i wouldn't exactly call them untested.

(also, if ready at dawn can make a AAA game, so can they as they are roughly the same size)

I'm not shitting on them - I love their games, but previously they were not producing major AAA games.

RAD are exactly the example I mean - to me they didn't do AAA either, Days Gone is to me an AA or perhaps even A level game by first party standards. Not every game produced has to be full AAA. It takes time to establish a franchise and studios have to be allowed to experiment but not on AAA funding.

To me, for HouseMarque to be doing AAA they'd have to be working on a major first party franchise. If they're doing something like days gone and it's their own thing then fine. But to me that's not AAA until it becomes established as such.

EDIT: RAD - Sony Bend. Bonus point if you spotted that mistake 🤭

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot, it's E3 week. And we killed it because of Genghis Cough. Is E3 going all digital? When's Xbox's thing? I'm up for a Mass Effect Remaster cuz I never played any of them yet.

Kadve

I'm not shitting on them - I love their games, but previously they were not producing major AAA games.

RAD are exactly the example I mean - to me they didn't do AAA either, Days Gone is to me an AA or perhaps even A level game by first party standards. Not every game produced has to be full AAA. It takes time to establish a franchise and studios have to be allowed to experiment but not on AAA funding.

To me, for HouseMarque to be doing AAA they'd have to be working on a major first party franchise. If they're doing something like days gone and it's their own thing then fine. But to me that's not AAA until it becomes established as such.

It was the order: 1866 that ready at dawn made, Days gone was made by SIE Bend.

iorek21

I'm not sure I agree with you here. Farcry 5 was in a lot of ways underwhelming, but it's not because it was too similar to 2012's Farcry 3, but because it changed things that didn't make it better. Farcry 5 had nothing locked off, had no towers and was very free in how you progressed, you could choose to do side content or the main missions. The freedom was a good idea, but it created very awkward and stupid "forced capture sequence"

While in Farcry 3 you had to do the main missions, conquer outposts and unlock towers to advance the story.

Yes, FC5's biggest changes were in the storytelling/mission design structure, and it was really bland.

My comparison with FC3 is more linked to the gameplay structure, weapons feel the same, running, jumping, shooting, climbing and other stuff are also very similar to 3. The only thing they added during all those years was recoil in weapons.

Ovek

7Member7
If it is, I hope it's more than just a resolution bump. The whole trilogy with ME3 gameplay would be nice.

That's the thing, they would have to remake the original ME from the ground up. If it does happen I hope that EA and Bioware take the time to fix the ending to ME3 properly and course correct the franchise before another ME game gets developed.

nikolino840

ME remastered or remake?
Becouse.. if they Just bump resolution i don't know if i see so much differences between my copy on my One X and a remastered..but if they remake with the graphics of Andromeda could be cool

silent-hill-pyramid-head.gif

I really hope it's true.

MMaRsu

Banned
Guys I have insider info that Ubisoft is also developing The Division 3, Rainbow Six Siege 2, Watch Dogs 3, and some unnamed IP.

Ea is currently hard at work on a new Need for Speed game, Fifa 2021 and even Battlefield 6. A new Battlefront game is also rumored.

Microsoft is working on Forza Horizon 6, a new take on Halo, Fable 4 and even a sequel to Viva Pinata!

Meanwhile Japanese studios are putting their last touches on a new Yakuza game, another SMT game and even Resident Evil 8!

Pallas

All safe predictions but I’ll be happy if the Mass Effect Trilogy got remastered with the dlc included. Because if it sells well, then maybe there will be interest on building off of it after the disaster that was Andromeda, which personally I thought it was ok and if it wasn’t associated with Mass Effect it might had been viewed differently.

I’m curious about that HP RPG, looks like a very sleek character customization and hopefully people will stop saying PG is working on a new IP.

Quasicat

I’m really excited about Mass Effect, but I have the trilogy on both PS3 and Xbox One already. A 4K/60fps would get me to triple dip on this.

To be honest, I would pick it up for the Switch over all others as having it portably would be amazing for my lifestyle.

Radical_3d

I’m more hyped for the mass effect trilogy than for anything that they can show this Thursday. Except if they show the Vanderloo trilogy.

Top Bottom