• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: New Batman from WB, Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster Leaked + Far Cry 6 + Horizon Zero Dawn 2 And More

Too late guys, hope the delays were worth it my dear publishers.

"
This publication is in danish, but I'll translate some highlights:
First, the guy who wrote this article, Eirik Hyldbakk Furu, states that since none of this is confirmed officially we should as always take it with a grain of salt - but then goes on to say, that he wouldn't put himself on the line like this, if it wasn't because he's 100% sure it's all real.
He also mentions that Covid19 and BLM might change some of the schedules for the reveals.

• Batman by Warner Bros Montreal - States that they wanted to keep pushing with the hints on twitter, leading up to a full E3 reveal.
    He says we'll get to see the game revealed this summer. It's supposed to be showed off within the next couple of months, because "the release is sooner than you think".
  • Demon Souls Remake is real, and being made by BluePoint who remade titles like God of War, Shadow of The Colossus etc.
    He says it's coming for PS5 and that "you can't compare it to what they did with SOTC" because it's a supposedly a way bigger project. Says it'll be showed off during the PS5 State of Play.
  • Fable 4 he doesn't seem to know much about, other than it being developed by Playground Games. Says we'll hopefully get to see it during July's first party presentation.
  • Far Cry 6 will be shown of at Ubisofts "Forward" event on July 12th, and that "fans who hated the North American setting of the previous game, will find this game a lot more interesting...".
    Seems to know a lot about the game, but doesn't want to ruin Ubisofts plans. Says it'll be released before April 2021.
  • The Harry Potter RPG has supposedly come a long way since the leaked footage from 2018, and was to be revealed at E3 2020. That's all he has to say about that one.
  • Horizon 2 will be revealed at the PS5 event. Doesn't seem to have any new info.
  • Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered is real and will be released this autumn, because EA won't have any other big games coming. Also mentions they're working on several other remasters.
    The trilogy will be shown off on June 11th.
  • Resident Evil 8 started out as a spinoff, but quickly evolved into a mainline entry.
    Confirms the whole village-setting, and says the game will be released early 2021. "Thinks" they'll show it off soon.
  • Housemarque (Resogun, Stormdivers) is a finish game studio that's now pretty much a part of Sony. They're working on some new unannounced AAA title for the PS5.
  • Silent Hill is real as well, and confirms it'll be shown off around the same time as Resident Evil 8. Says when Konami tried to put off the rumors back in march, they lied.
    Says it's pretty far along in development.
"

Source - https://www.gamereactor.dk/artikler/851233/Hemmelige+sommerspil/ (Its in Danish)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

"
First, the guy who wrote this article, Eirik Hyldbakk Furu, states that since none of this is confirmed officially we should as always take it with a grain of salt - but then goes on to say, that he wouldn't put himself on the line like this, if it wasn't because he's 100% sure it's all real.
He also mentions that Covid19 and BLM might change some of the schedules for the reveals.

• Batman by Warner Bros Montreal - States that they wanted to keep pushing with the hints on twitter, leading up to a full E3 reveal.
    He says we'll get to see the game revealed this summer. It's supposed to be showed off within the next couple of months, because "the release is sooner than you think".
  • Demon Souls Remake is real, and being made by BluePoint who remade titles like God of War, Shadow of The Colossus etc.
    He says it's coming for PS5 and that "you can't compare it to what they did with SOTC" because it's a supposedly a way bigger project. Says it'll be showed off during the PS5 State of Play.
  • Fable 4 he doesn't seem to know much about, other than it being developed by Playground Games. Says we'll hopefully get to see it during July's first party presentation.
  • Far Cry 6 will be shown of at Ubisofts "Forward" event on July 12th, and that "fans who hated the North American setting of the previous game, will find this game a lot more interesting...".
    Seems to know a lot about the game, but doesn't want to ruin Ubisofts plans. Says it'll be released before April 2021.
  • The Harry Potter RPG has supposedly come a long way since the leaked footage from 2018, and was to be revealed at E3 2020. That's all he has to say about that one.
  • Horizon 2 will be revealed at the PS5 event. Doesn't seem to have any new info.
  • Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered is real and will be released this autumn, because EA won't have any other big games coming. Also mentions they're working on several other remasters.
  • Resident Evil 8 started out as a spinoff, but quickly evolved into a mainline entry.
    Confirms the whole village-setting, and says the game will be released early 2021. "Thinks" they'll show it off soon.
  • Housemarque (Resogun, Stormdivers) is a finish game studio that's now pretty much a part of Sony. They're working on some new unannounced AAA title for the PS5.
  • Silent Hill is real as well, and confirms it'll be shown off around the same time as Resident Evil 8. Says when Konami tried to put off the rumors back in march, they lied.
"

Source - https://www.gamereactor.dk/artikler/851233/Hemmelige+sommerspil/ (Its in Danish)
Good stuff. Sounds too good to be true.

kingbean

I don't see Bloodborne next to the Demon's Souls remake. Maybe it's not actually happening after all.

Too good to be true, it’s everything everyone wants in one leak

Not really. Everything lines up and nothing is too far fetched. Mass Effect trilogy was hinted at recently many times by EA despite them denying it in the past.

Harry Potter RPG is real, there is a video of it lol. Far Cry 6 is no brainer.

Demon Souls leaked last year by Kotaku. RE8 is another worst secret. Fable was leaking since start of 2018.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Isn't he basically confirming 99% of stuff that doesn't even need confirmation?

Really? The already leaked harry potter game is a thing? Cant believe ubisoft is making far cry 6...and wait a moment, since when guerrilla is interested in making the sequel of sony current gen biggest new ip?

Let me guess, he has inside info about gears 6 being a thing too??

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I smell something fishy here...

giphy.gif

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
This isn't really a leak... Everything on that list has already been confirmed or leaked for the most part.

Doesn't even provide new details other than Batman is coming "sooner than you think". Sooner based on who's assumption?

Far cry will have a new setting. Well no shit.

Jbomb19

"

"

please just give me a crumb of Horizon Zero Dawn 2. I’m so hungry for it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
These all seem like very safe predictions

• Call of Duty 2020 is set to release in 2020 and feature a Cold War setting. It will have perks, guns, and will integrate Warzone.
  • Gran Turismo is being developed by Polyphony Digital and is well on its way to being released. Currently the development codename for the project is Gran Turismo 7.
  • Final Fantasy XVI is a videogame.

GymWolf

I put my name on the line for this so hear me out, nintendo want to release at least 3 new mario related games in the next 5 years, you heard this one here first.

whitesugar

Banned
there is nothing written here that anyone vaguely following next gen news wouldn't be able to write themselves. these rumours are the most tiresome part of next gen hype

HE1NZ

Banned
Would suck if there's isn't some sort of Demon Souls Classic - a straight port of a PS3 version, alongside a remake.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Would suck if there's isn't some sort of Demon Souls Classic - a straight port of a PS3 version, alongside a remake.
Agreed. Make sure the original intact version, with all the quirks (such as weight limits) is still playable alongside a version in which Bluepoint makes some creative changes. Do update the original resolution of course.

Trogdor1123

I so want this to be true... So very badly... That's why I know it is false...

If mass effect is real, will it be PS4/Xbox or ps5/xsx?

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
All great stuff and I won't speak for anyone else but I knew all of this already. Hoping Ubisoft doesn't fuck up Far Cry 6. They need to go back to what 3 and 4 were. Get rid of this silent protagonist/character creation garbage. UGH.

MiguelItUp

I'd be happy with this list. Man, I LOVED Far Cry 3, I just felt like the ones that came after it just felt incredibly meh. I'm hoping the next game can make it feel just as good as 3 if not better. Also Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster? DOWWWWWWN.

I still want Silent Hill to be real SO bad and parts of me feel it is, but man, it's hard to not take it with a grain of salt. I've been scarred too many times before. Also RE8? So down.

johntown

Banned
Batman not by Rocksteady (unless that is WB Montreal) is probably a no go for me but I will wait to pass judgement.

Exciting for everything else except Horizon 2, Fable 4 and Far Cry 6. Horizon not bad just not my type of game, Fable is a maybe but I need to see it first. Far Cry 6 I have a slim hope it could be good.

Demon's Souls Remake - YES PLEASE!

Silent Hill - please be good!

Resident Evil 8 - please don't be like 6

Mass Effect Trilogy - please be better than current mods for PC and come to PC not being only on Origin.

kuncol02

Banned
Batman by Warner Bros Montreal
I hope it will have even more batmobile platforming, batmobile stealth sections and races than Arkham Knight. Yes. Thinking about that still makes me angry.

Housemarque (Resogun, Stormdivers) is a finish game studio that's now pretty much a part of Sony. They're working on some new unannounced AAA title for the PS5.
They would need to triple, or even quadruple their number of employees. I don't see that. Some semi AAA like Hellblade yes, but proper AAA? No way.

Gran Turismo is being developed by Polyphony Digital and is well on its way to being released. Currently the development codename for the project is Gran Turismo 7.
That's not that safe prediction. At least in part about being on its way of being released.

There appears to be someone claiming to be a WB Marketing employee leaking details of the Harry Potter RPG on Reddit

To be called Hogwarts: A Dark Legacy (allegedly)

ToadMan

I can't see HouseMarque doing AAA. I mean I love their games but they're too small and untested.

I can see them getting an A or AA level games - maybe a low-key reboot. But how can they get the money and resources dropped on them for a full AAA game when they've mostly done smallish twin stick shooters?

SUPERGGK

I really wish that the news about mass effect trilogy remastered is true. EA has so many games that they should have remastered this gen as their output was really embarrassing. They should remaster the Dead space trilogy as well along with more burnout games.

Let me correct the grammar a little bit (underlined):

Housemarque (Resogun, Stormdivers) is a Finnish game studio that's now pretty much a part of Sony. They're working on some new unannounced AAA title for the PS5.

Please don't think of me as an asshole 😅

Bryank75

Banned
Only thing there that made me perk up at all was Housemarque joining Sony, that would be great.
I also want them to buy MiHoYo and Bluepoint.

Kadve

I can't see HouseMarque doing AAA. I mean I love their games but they're too small and untested.

I can see them getting an A or AA level games - maybe a low-key reboot. But how can they get the money and resources dropped on them for a full AAA game when they've mostly done smallish twin stick shooters?

Well, they are the current oldest active developer of finland (1995) and is the merger of two of the first video gaming companies of the country (Bloodhouse and Terramarque, booth 1993)

So i wouldn't exactly call them untested.

(also, if ready at dawn can make a AAA game, so can they as they are roughly the same size)

Kuranghi

I just asked because I thought Far Cry 5 was the best one tbh, 3 was good, 4 was great, 5 was a bit better again. The AI is really good when you are playing solo, compared to other games.

I'm gonna get New Dawn soon, its £4.19 on EGS til the 11th.

Last edited:
I just asked because I thought Far Cry 5 was the best one tbh, 3 was good, 4 was great, 5 was a bit better again. The AI is really good when you are playing solo, compared to other games.

I'm gonna get New Dawn soon, its £4.19 on EGS til the 11th.

Far Cry 5 was the worst pile of shit I ever played followed by Far Cry 4. My favorite Far Cry this generation was Far Cry Primal - massively underrated setting and great game.

Only safe bets = fake news.

So safe bets or not and if all of this turns out to be true then by your logic still fake news? How can something be fake if everything that is listed turns out to be true.

Your brain makes no sense. Elaborate your amazing critical thinking skills that you obviously posses. I might need a person like you for a position I am hiring. I never witnessed such incredible wit.

Last edited:

scalman

itsj ust guessing but sure couple games from those will appear , thats just logic thinking no need to know it acurate. but i still need to beat that FC5 , so large game holeshet

Last edited:

O-N-E

So safe bets or not and if all of this turns out to be true then by your logic still fake news? How can something be fake if everything that is listed turns out to be true.

Your brain makes no sense. Elaborate your amazing critical thinking skills that you obviously posses. I might need a person like you for a position I am hiring. I never witnessed such incredible wit.

Why would someone with insider information know only that which we all expect? How does your brain make any sense? No actual surprises from Sony / Microsoft et al? Really?

200.gif

One new IP is mentioned and it's not even given a name. Which essentially means they're telling you what we already know...that studio is working on a game. WOW. SUCH INSIGHT.

Really made sense calling me out on this, bro.

Trogdor1123

Why would someone with insider information know only that which we all expect? How does your brain make any sense? No actual surprises from Sony / Microsoft et al? Really?

200.gif

One new IP is mentioned and it's not even given a name. Which essentially means they're telling you what we already know...that studio is working on a game. WOW. SUCH INSIGHT.

Difference between want and expect.

200.gif

Damn. You really are that stupid aren't you? lol. I think this whole thing is going over your head.

RE 8 was supposed to be a surprise. Silent Hill was supposed to be a surprise. Horizon Zero Dawn 2 while is quite obvious a sequel was still supposed to be a surprise. Point is all of these started leaking far in advanced and it makes it seem that there is nothing really knew, but these are the surprises lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom