• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Mario MMORPG

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
nintendo will never do an MMORPG

as long as I believe that I am never disappointed.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Though I'm looking forward to Mario Basketball, Nintendo should have teamed up with Square to make a fucking sequel to Mario RPG, damn it!

As far as this MMRPG thing, I don't know. An RPG, yes. But an MMRPG? For some reason it doesnt' seem right with Mario.

borghe

Oblivion said:
Though I'm looking forward to Mario Basketball, Nintendo should have teamed up with Square to make a fucking sequel to Mario RPG, damn it!

As far as this MMRPG thing, I don't know. An RPG, yes. But an MMRPG? For some reason it doesnt' seem right with Mario.
Mario & Luigi > Paper Mario >>> Super Mario RPG

lyre

LakeEarth said:
Well the source is credible.... :lol

EDIT - I call Mario!

Then I call Jumpman.

Also, I call the 'Marios' with:

1: blue shirt with red overalls and cap
2: red shirt and cap with blue overalls
3: yellow cap and shirt with purple overalls

Chittagong

Gold Member
Has been known for a while, done by SquareEnix by the original Super Mario RPG team and will be first game to use StarRoad online service

Emotions

i would like an rpg based on nintendo world, where you visit each location and can use every main character and use support characters , that would rock so much and depending on the character you use, you get a different ending, but i guess it's too good to be true lol.

Chittagong said:
Has been known for a while, done by SquareEnix by the original Super Mario RPG team and will be first game to use StarRoad online service

I thought it was a collaboration with Sega that would introduce the new characters Odnetnin and Ages.

deadhorse32

Bad Art ™
Raiden said:
Pokemon MMORPG for the win!

Yeah now that Nintendo is going full board with online. They better make a Pokemon MMORPG. I personally don't care for the franchise but it would be perfect.

It would be like printing money
Wheel-of-Money.jpg

borghe

Oblivion said:
I want to make you cry. :mad:
mind you I didn't play SMRPG until emulators.. but when I played it the only thing I thought of is "Wow, what a stripped down Square RPG."

When I played Paper Mario and M&L for the first times I just thought "what unusual and highly entertaining games."

IMHO of course.

Razoric

Banned
With Blizzard having a multi-million dollar success and mainstream breakthrough hit with World of Warcraft I'm willing to bet every company, including Nintendo, will attempt an MMO of some sort in the next 4-5 years.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Razoric said:
With Blizzard having a multi-million dollar success and mainstream breakthrough hit with World of Warcraft I'm willing to bet every company, including Nintendo, will attempt an MMO of some sort in the next 4-5 years.

Yeah, but it's gotta be actually good to make money like Blizzard is right now.

Blizzard I believe is the exception, and not the rule. I know other MMOs are making money, but WoW seems untouchable right now.

Razoric

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
Yeah, but it's gotta be actually good to make money like Blizzard is right now.

Blizzard I believe is the exception, and not the rule. I know other MMOs are making money, but WoW seems untouchable right now.

Oh hell yeah but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to try out some kinda of Pokemon MMORPG. That would be pure gold. Maybe not WoW popular but still enough to pull in a hefty profit.

Top Bottom