• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Half Life Alyx coming to PSVR2 in 2023

I'm overwhelmed with joy.

Xi8i8PL.gif

Is totally going to happen

Also, watch how Alyx suddenly becomes the Magnum Opus of gaming and people finally gives the recognition it deserved years ago

It's been praised plenty of times. I think the issue was the cost of entry more than anything. Besides PSVR2 should play with it extremely well. No idea why you have issues with that.

???

LOL

Have you ever stopped for a full second and think about how you take every message like something bad or as an attack?
When my message was far from that.
Please take a look into yourself buddy.

What's wrong about saying the game will be far more recognized because PSVR2 has way more mainstream reach than the Valve Index?

Ahhh OK. I thought you meant people are going to start praising the heck out of it because it's coming to PlayStation. Sorry about that.

It's not just you, I read it like that. It's the "suddenly" part as if the game is not constantly being praised.

Yeah I read it that way as well. It's not like I haven't seen people claim that no one gave a crap until something comes to PlayStation before.

Last edited:

Zug

Would be nice, this game needs more visibility.
Half Life 2 just got an officially endorsed VR port/mod as well

Boneless

I am a PC gamer, have a beast of a PC, but still would prefer this on PS5. On the couch with a plug and play headset feels like I'd be more inclined to play.

nowhat

Can't believe Gabe is allowing this. Portal on switch and now this. After supporting them for so many years, it now feels like my steam account has no value anymore. Great way to treat your fans Valve! Releasing Steam esklusive™ to other platforms is the beginning of the end for Valve and PC gaming in general, mark my words. Gonna sell my PC, no need to keep that shit.
I'm assuming you jest, but in the off chance this is not the case, I suggest you seek out your local "Jim Ryan is THE DEVIL!!!" support group. I think despite different platforms you'll find much in common.

Kuranghi

I am a PC gamer, have a beast of a PC, but still would prefer this on PS5. On the couch with a plug and play headset feels like I'd be more inclined to play.
Totes bro, I'll head over to my side pieces apartment and she can deepthroat me as I sit back on the couch while ending some Combine fools.

Thats a joke of course I don't even have a dog to lick my balls. I don't know why I made this joke, I'm sorry. Its just when I read "on the couch..." my mind went to some sort of dudebro mindset and thats what I believe such people would say. Don't get me wrong, who doesn't want that, just no need to be so gauche and put it on the internet.
Same here, I will have a crazy PC by early next year and I still just want the PSVR2 for convenience, maybe if the next PC VR headsets are way beyond it and my GPU allows something far superior graphically than PSVR2 for not silly money then I might change my mind but I doubt it.

Last edited:
I mean I’ve heard nothing but praise for this damn game ever since it came out, the problem is the incredibly high pay wall standing in front of most people that would want to play it.

You gotta have a good high end pc and a good enough VR, which when it came out meant you had to drop at least over 2000 dollars to play it.
I played it on my piece of shit 970, i5 3570k and 8GB DDR3 PC with a second hand 2016 HTC Vive. It looked amazing and was very immersive.
However, the actual game is not that great. Closest comparison in the series is HL2 Episode One - neat tech demo for various features, all gameplay scenarios are overengineered and so polished and foolproof they end up feeling artificial, takes too long to introduce things but has you playing with them too little. Maybe the next one will be an Episode Two jump in quality.

Daytonabot

Banned
Hopefully this is part of a partnership that will see PSVR2 be a headset option for PC as well. Choice is good, and PC can already use the vast majority of console accessories from the last three generations.

ZehDon

Gold Member
Hopefully this is part of a partnership that will see PSVR2 be a headset option for PC as well. Choice is good, and PC can already use the vast majority of console accessories from the last three generations.
Doubtful. Sony factor in software sales to allow them to underprice the hardware. If they allowed the headset to release on PC, they'd need to accommodate for the potential they never see a cent from any software sales, which would price the headset well outside of the console space. I'm current expecting a price of USD$499.00. Without guaranteed software sales, we're talking closer to USD$650.00 at a minimum.

Kusarigama

It is such a baseless rumor. Source is just source. Heck even i could have made such a rumor. Half Life Alyx has been one of the most acclaimed VR games, of which there aren't many examples.

alucard0712_rus

Gold Member
PSVR2 is amazing peace of tech!
It's by far the best consumer VR headset. Nor Pico 4 nor Quest 3 are not even in same league . Let alone games and potential! And I love Pico 4 - its amazing.

MachRc

But how would I type in "impulse 101"?

Now I have to finally go back and beat this game once and for all...

Top Bottom