• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Godzilla vs. Kong Fighting Game Will Be Revealed at E3 2019.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Arc System Works is a celebrated fighting game developer, with one of its most recent and acclaimed games being Dragon Ball FighterZ. Fans may be wondering what’s next for the studio, and if a recent rumor is to be believed, it could very well be a Godzilla vs. Kong 2D fighting game that will tie in to the 2020 film.

This rumor comes from 4chan, so fans should take it with a huge grain of salt. Even so, 4chan leaks have sometimes been proven accurate in the past, like the recent and substantial Pokemon Sword and Shield leak, for instance. Luckily, we won’t have to wait all that much longer to find out if there is any truth to the supposed Godzilla vs. Kong game “leak.”

That’s because the leaker said that the Godzilla vs. Kong game will be officially announced during Microsoft’s E3 2019 press conference. Microsoft’s press conference is set to take place on Sunday, June 9, so anyone interested in a kaiju fighting game only has to wait a few more days to find out if it’s true or not.

The leaker also revealed that the Godzilla vs. Kong game would be coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One, with a rather expansive base roster.

Jet Jaguar?

HE JOCK IT MADE OF STEEL
EATS SUSHI FROM A PAIL
JET JAGUAR? JET JAGUAR!
HE MOTHER NEVER REALLY LOVE HIM
HE CRIMEFIGHTING COVERS UP A BASIC INSECURITY
HE DICKEY COVERS UP AN ADAMS APPLE THE SIZE OF A TOYOTA
HE BASICALLY GOOD-HEARTED BUT HE'D LIKE TO SMASH THAT KID AGAINST A ROCK
KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!
WHO'S THERE ?
HIS HEAD LOOKS LIKE JACK NICHOLSON
DON'T SMILE LIKE THAT, IT WILL STAY THAT WAY
YAHMMMAAHOAAHOAAAUGH!
DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN

Zephir

I'll be all in for it! Even if it's a different genre, I almost destroyed my PS2 copy of Godzilla Save the Earth for how much I played it alone and with friends...

We didn't want premium gameplay, just big things destroying everything (plus space Godzilla was OP)

A 2D game would still be great, if they do it right

Shifty

> Came in to shitpost 'but will it have airdashes tho lol'
> Arc System Works

Fuck.

It's the kind of thing that sounds out of left field enough to be legit, particularly the announcement at MS' conference.

If it's fake, then we're dealing with professional fictional leakists here.

Last edited:

stranno

Expectations: War of the Monsters.
Reality: Another crappy PSN/XBLA Pacific Rim.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Arc System Works kaiju game?

LbyPqOG.png

Pejo

WIsh it was more "King of the Monsters" than Guilty Gear, but I guess we'll wait and see if this is even real. I'm getting a little burned out on traditional fighting games with a new IP thrown in. Kinda like Musou, a little goes a long way.

Codes 208

Oh

MY

GOOOOJIRA

And while i wasnt a big fan of godzilla 98 i absolutely loved the cartoon series so bonus points for me is if its zilla jr.

Last edited:

Codes 208

Kinda weird its 2014 godzilla and not just called legendary’s godzilla. He was tweaked in KOTM (his dorsal apikes were redesigned and his claws and toes are longer.) so 2014 and KOTM godzilla could be argued as different models.
Remembers the Godzilla Remaster for PS4...
giphy.gif
I wouldnt really call that a remaster. It was just a shoot-off destruction game.

Last edited:

Silent Duck

It was s
Kinda weird its 2014 godzilla and not just called legendary’s godzilla. He was tweaked in KOTM (his dorsal apikes were redesigned and his claws and toes are longer.) so 2014 and KOTM godzilla could be argued as different models.
I wouldnt really call that a remaster. It was just a shoot-off destruction game.
It was supposed to be a remaster of the PS3 game. I didn’t see much of an upgrade though. Even the controls remained faithfully awful to the original PS3 version.

Last edited:

Codes 208

It was s

It was supposed to be a remaster of the PS3 game. I didn’t see much of an upgrade though. Even the controls remained faithfully awful to the original PS3 version.
The ps4 version launched several months later in the west after a japan-only launch of the ps3 version. So Id say its more of a port than a remaster but technicals aside, i definitely agree the game was garbage.

demigod

I'm calling bs on this. I don't see how you make a fighting game out of Godzilla and his puny hands. Saw Godzilla this week, loved it.

VulcanRaven

3D game would be better. I liked War of the Monsters on PS2.

I'm calling bs on this. I don't see how you make a fighting game out of Godzilla and his puny hands. Saw Godzilla this week, loved it.

There was Jurassic Park fighting game so it is possible.

Last edited:
The JP one was JP: Warpath. Was surprisingly fun but not really a traditional fighter.

Primal Rage was a more traditional one and to this day I'm still sad it never got more entries.

That said, I hope this is true. The idea is completely awesome.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I propose swift and brutal punishment more like Mortal Kombat than DBZ if there is a GodZilla fighting game

Codes 208

If this turns true and it ends up being 3v3 ala fighterz my team will likely be all Zillas.

-Godzilla (Legendary)
-Godzilla (1954)
-Zilla

Silent Duck

The ps4 version launched several months later in the west after a japan-only launch of the ps3 version. So Id say its more of a port than a remaster but technicals aside, i definitely agree the game was garbage.
You’re right. I goofed.
32ycuj.jpg

Sorry, couldn’t find the “embarrassed” smilie, so this will have to do.

Hopefully (if this game is real) it turns out better than the last one.

Codes 208

You’re right. I goofed.
32ycuj.jpg

Sorry, couldn’t find the “embarrassed” smilie, so this will have to do.

Hopefully (if this game is real) it turns out better than the last one.
Itll likely be a different genre (2d fighter) that in itself is an improvement of Godzilla ps4’s poorly optimized destruction simulator.
But to give credit where its due: arcsys is an amazing studio so i have no doubts they could pull this off

Last edited:

Bigdaddydom

Neo Member
Having just recently (in the last 2 weeks) watched every important godzilla movie and watching shin as I type this, I really wished this rumor to be true.

I fucking love godzilla

Top Bottom