• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor claims RDNA2 build for Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

llien

includes deep learning AI for upscaling

Lead engineer says they can reach 4K/120 today on XSX thanks to RDNA2 architecture and the combined effort of AMD and Microsoft.

umy16nB.jpg

Last edited:

Ogbert

Daft console wars aside, what does the 30/60 FPS interpolation mean?

Is it going to upscale old games to 60?

About as true as the talk Navi was developed for Sony. I.E, most probably not true.

That said, I think AMD having MS as a technology partner has been absolutely beneficial for their GPU development, but it's not like AMD are developing these exclusively for them. Same goes for Sony.

But yeah, I have a hard time believing this rumor. If it's fake then I think it'll just reaffirm what many are already thinking. If it's true, I'm setting up a sea of bunkers because shit's gonna get r o u g h.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
About as true as the talk Navi was developed for Sony. I.E, most probably not true.

That said, I think AMD having MS as a technology partner has been absolutely beneficial for their GPU development, but it's not like AMD are developing these exclusively for them. Same goes for Sony.

But yeah, I have a hard time believing this rumor. If it's fake then I think it'll just reaffirm what many are already thinking. If it's true, I'm setting up a sea of bunkers because shit's gonna get r o u g h.
I'm calling bullocks but we'll see..

Bryank75

Banned
Another Xbox puff piece....

Always the same, every generation. Spend a load of money on hype, spin and timed exclusives or money hats in the first year or two and then.... Nothing for years except forza and gears.

GymWolf

Isn't ia for npc something that is totally created by devs? How is a new gpu architecture gonna help with that?

Always the same, every generation. Spend a load of money on hype, spin and timed exclusives or money hats in the first year or two and then.... Nothing for years except forza and gears.

Sorry dude gotta see you off the stage, you've been waving the fanboy flag hard lately no attempt at neutrality whatsoever. Kinda disappointed tbh.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I he Bluepoint acquisition is something that doesn't make much sense. They spend almost no time on Xbox stuff and their value would be deeply degraded learning a new system.

Seems pretty darn unlikely to me but what do I know

Gavon West

I he Bluepoint acquisition is something that doesn't make much sense. They spend almost no time on Xbox stuff and their value would be deeply degraded learning a new system.

Seems pretty darn unlikely to me but what do I know
Bluepoint acquisition? Say wha?? Last I heard they were working on some Sony exclusive. Or do I have my devs mixes up??

Last edited:
Lol now the warring spills into this thread. Might as well merge it with the other.

Sony fanboys sure are losing sleep over this shit tho 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Isn't that mindboggling, you noticed all MS threads especially that unbeatable, unmatched Specs are out %98 visitors are concerned Sony warriors..but why?

Panic? Or thought eating them alive that PS5 won't even come close?? What is it?

Bryank75

Banned
Sorry dude gotta see you off the stage, you've been waving the fanboy flag hard lately no attempt at neutrality whatsoever. Kinda disappointed tbh.
It's nothing, years ago I started a petition to remove Lucy O'brien from reviewing playstation games at IGN.
I was also heavily involved in the petition against that Washington Post Uncharted 4 review.
I was always involved with PlayStation Twitter wars with PS Legion, Jay tech, dobby and all those guys.
I've actually mellowed a lot.

Gavon West

It's nothing, years ago I started a petition to remove Lucy O'brien from reviewing playstation games at IGN.
I was also heavily involved in the petition against that Washington Post Uncharted 4 review.
I was always involved with PlayStation Twitter wars with PS Legion, Jay tech, dobby and all those guys.
I've actually mellowed a lot.
Sheesh! This is mellow????

Jtibh

Banned
Fuck these fanboy threads. From both sides.
I bet they dont even know what rdna means.
You think i knew the meaning of blast processing?
It just sounded cool.
But unlike blast processing that had meaning i challenge you to be the cool kid in school and tell someone off with " But mine has rdna2 motherfucker , lgbtqhs has nothing on rdna2"

THIS HAS TO STOP.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Well, with Kojima turning out to just be Kojima trolling about Death Stranding PC I think it's safe to say that there will not be a PS5 reveal in the next few days. So AMD will start talking about raytracing before Sony ever announces PS5, how about that?

Jtibh

Banned
Well, with Kojima turning out to just be Kojima trolling about Death Stranding PC I think it's safe to say that there will not be a PS5 reveal in the next few days. So AMD will start talking about raytracing before Sony ever announces PS5, how about that?
Its sad when a gold member has no gold standards.

But you know that will not be the case this generation. So why act like it will? They didn't get new studios just to do the same thing.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Erm, Azure Raytracing? Is that a thing?

All I've heard of is software and hardware based raytracing...never cloud based raytracing. Is this even possible?

psorcerer

Banned
Erm, Azure Raytracing? Is that a thing?

All I've heard of is software and hardware based raytracing...never cloud based raytracing. Is this even possible?

Nope. Not possible.
RT is heavily latency limited that's why even offline CGI renders are never distributed (intra-frame).

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Nope. Not possible.
RT is heavily latency limited that's why even offline CGI renders are never distributed (intra-frame).

Hmm, you continue to be wrong. This is from AMD at last E3. Seems like their local hardware raytracing solution is very limited and only a stopgap for the cloud based real solution.

11052655607l.jpg

Zero707

If I carry on trolling, report me.
Yeah and my trashcan also told me that RDNA 3 is exclusive to Nvidia shield

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Hmm, you continue to be wrong. This is from AMD at last E3. Seems like their local hardware raytracing solution is very limited and only a stopgap for the cloud based real solution.

11052655607l.jpg

This is not their only solution.

They will have a full hardware solution, and this is just another option they can see it going. This pic lacks that context.

psorcerer

Banned
This is not their only solution.

They will have a full hardware solution, and this is just another option they can see it going. This pic lacks that context.

They can mean a lot of things.
Like all the pre-baked stuff you see in MSFT flight sim.
But in the end it's not really RT. Just a bunch of helpers.

Mass Shift

"RDNA2 was created exclusively for Microsoft and high power Radeon GPUs, includes deep learning AI for upscaling, animation interpolation (adding 60 fps support to 30 fps games) and highly varied NPC intelligence."

Sounds like fan fiction, but since that Reddit leak () I don't know anymore what is right and what is wrong. Feels like half the world is an insider these days.

Betcha nothing happens in 3 days

That 9TF is looking to be more real now. :messenger_poop:

Yep. Looks that way. I used to believe the leaks from the insiders that said PS5 is 10+ TF. Then I realized they know as much as everyone else does on the outside.

Edit: Some people were expecting all of those cool features for features for the PS5. They will indeed come with the hardware...of XBSX. Hahahahaha!

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Yep. Looks that way. I used to believe the leaks from the insiders that said PS5 is 10+ TF. Then I realized they know as much as everyone else does on the outside.

Edit: Some people were expecting all of those cool features for features for the PS5. They will indeed come with the hardware...of XBSX. Hahahahaha!
If AMD did anything like that, they would destroy their relationship with Sony. No company should depend on just one large customer....

But continue to fantasise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom