• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Blizzard’s Survival Game Leaked Info

ManaByte

No, over the last year you are mindlessly defending things people have been criticizing for *years* because the company was then bought my Microsoft.

No I've always defended the MMO genre regardless of who makes them. It's my favorite genre and have been playing them since UO and I'm in the credits for vanilla WoW and the SWG Complete Online Adventures. Them and GaaS is my favorite genre because it's basically like a Disneyland of games where it always changes and isn't static and that's why I'll always gravitate to those types of games versus a single player game that you 100% and then never touch again because it's always the same. Don't come at me with console war bullshit just because you don't like who's going to be owning Blizzard eventually.

Hari Seldon

Sounds a bit interesting but I would prefer a full blown new MMO. There hasn’t been a single one of these crafting games that I have played for more than a few hours. They just do not grab me at all.

There never was a campaign. There are persistent PVE modes that are just new versions of Overwatch 1's seasonal events.
You guys have to stop doing this thing where you know exactly what a person is talking about, and instead of answering the question you'll choose to try and correct someone and argue semantics. Even if I change the question to "when is the release date for the persistent PVE modes?" what does that accomplish for you?

No I've always defended the MMO genre regardless of who makes them. It's my favorite genre and have been playing them since UO and I'm in the credits for vanilla WoW and the SWG Complete Online Adventures. Them and GaaS is my favorite genre because it's basically like a Disneyland of games where it always changes and isn't static and that's why I'll always gravitate to those types of games versus a single player game that you 100% and then never touch again because it's always the same. Don't come at me with console war bullshit just because you don't like who's going to be owning Blizzard eventually.

Now you are projecting. I have been criticizing Blizzard for nearly a decade now, but sure its totally because they are now owned by Microsoft :pie_eyeroll:

You couldn’t be more transparent of a warrior if you tried.

You guys have to stop doing this thing where you know exactly what a person is talking about, and instead of answering the question you'll choose to try and correct someone and argue semantics. Even if I change the question to "when is the release date for the persistent PVE modes?" what does that accomplish for you?

That is what warrior’s do. They have no actual ground to stand on and instead have to try and make it seem like “No, they totally didn’t make one promise and then changed it to cover their asses! It was also going to be this thing!”

ManaByte

That is what warrior’s do. They have no actual ground to stand on and instead have to try and make it seem like “No, they totally didn’t make one promise and then changed it to cover their asses! It was also going to be this thing!”

Welcome to ignore.

https://www.ign.com/articles/overwatch-2-seasonal-content-pve-2023

During today's Overwatch 2 reveal stream, Blizzard went into a bit more detail on how exactly it will work, explaining that player-versus-environment [PvE] maps will be released as part of the newly-minted free-to-play shooter's seasonal content, beginning in 2023.

It's basically the same as the PVE OW1 stuff, but instead of being one-off game modes released seasonally, they'll connect with a plot now.

ManaByte

Sounds a bit interesting but I would prefer a full blown new MMO. There hasn’t been a single one of these crafting games that I have played for more than a few hours. They just do not grab me at all.

Yup can't stand survival games. Never could get into Minecraft, played a little bit of Grounded. Never touched any others like Ark, but I would play Conan with the Legacy of Steel DLC just to put statues of Arnold around. This is sounding like a revival of EQ Landmark.

I don't consider ManaByte ManaByte a warrior in that way, but I consider him or her a good enough poster(at least on the off topic side) that the person is better than that.

Welcome to ignore.

https://www.ign.com/articles/overwatch-2-seasonal-content-pve-2023

It's basically the same as the PVE OW1 stuff, but instead of being one-off game modes released seasonally, they'll connect with a plot now.
Thank you, pending ~2023. Now to go back to Shubh_C63 Shubh_C63 's point, Overwatch 2 was revealed in 2019 and the main mode they've been advertising since the start(PvE) is pending 2023. While that's better than before with some of their other titles, it still falls within the range of a 4 year release window, on a game that's using the same engine with most of the same assets, gameplay systems, and characters that were already built from the prior game. 'Blizzard time' might have shortened a bit, but I very much still consider it a thing.

I don't consider ManaByte ManaByte a warrior in that way, but I consider him or her a good enough poster(at least on the off topic side) that the person is better than that.
I don’t spend much time over on Off-Topic, so maybe they are a half decent poster over there. In Gaming though? A warrior through and through. He will defend any terrible choice/decision made by any company owned by MS, but will also criticize Sony/Nintendo for doing the same thing. Hypocrisy is the most obvious signs to finding a warrior.

As for OverWatch 2, it was in the marketing and pre-release materials for *years* that it would have a proper campaign. They walked it back and changed it so many times because the company is so poorly run these days that it isn’t even funny anymore. I don’t know who he is trying to convince with that asinine claim that it was “never going to be a campaign”.

ManaByte

Thank you, pending ~2023. Now to go back to Shubh_C63 Shubh_C63 's point, Overwatch 2 was revealed in 2019 and the main mode they've been advertising since the start(PvE) is pending 2023. While that's better than before with some of their other titles, it still falls within the range of a 4 year release window, on a game that's using the same engine with most of the same assets, gameplay systems, and characters that were already built from the prior game. 'Blizzard time' might have shortened a bit, but I very much still consider it a thing.

But we don't know what the StarCraft II/HOTS devs have been working on. It's probably this. Blizzard doesn't have just one team.

I don’t spend much time over on Off-Topic, so maybe they are a half decent poster over there. In Gaming though? A warrior through and through. He will defend any terrible choice/decision made by any company owned by MS, but will also criticize Sony/Nintendo for doing the same thing. Hypocrisy is the most obvious signs to finding a warrior.
The poster tends to correct people a lot which is fine, but there's a time and place for corrections and there is a time and place for answers. I think when people are corrected they take it as him or her fanboying when that usually isn't the case. It's just correcting.

As for OverWatch 2, it was in the marketing and pre-release materials for *years* that it would have a proper campaign. They walked it back and changed it so many times because the company is so poorly run these days that it isn’t even funny anymore. I don’t know who he is trying to convince with that asinine claim that it was “never going to be a campaign”.
I agree it's dumb by Blizzard and an unnecessary wording change, which makes me think if this mode doesn't deliver, I'll be questioning even more what the hell that studio has been doing for over 4 years.

But we don't know what the StarCraft II/HOTS devs have been working on. It's probably this. Blizzard doesn't have just one team.
That's understandable and I am hoping that you're right. I'm basing my guess on prior proof from their Blizzcon showings. They have a habit of hyping people up for a logo or concept art. At best we might have a CG trailer from an unrelated studio, but I think there's a high percent chance of no gameplay being shown.

The poster tends to correct people a lot which is fine, but there's a time and place for corrections and there is a time and place for answers. I think when people are corrected they take it as him or her fanboying when that usually isn't the case. It's just correcting.

I agree it's dumb by Blizzard and an unnecessary wording change, which makes me think if this mode doesn't deliver, I'll be questioning even more what the hell that studio has been doing for over 4 years.

That's understandable and I am hoping that you're right. I'm basing my guess on prior proof from their Blizzcon showings. They have a habit of hyping people up for a logo or concept art. At best we might have a CG trailer from an unrelated studio, but I think there's a high percent chance of no gameplay being shown.

If that is what he was doing, then there wouldn’t be an issue. However to correct someone, there needs to be information that was wrong - which isn’t the case here.

Just like Diablo Immortal
“No don’t you see? You can just ignore the MTX in that game! Clearly it wasn’t so hard encoded into the core experience and they don’t slowly try and groom you to accept the MTX to actually continue further into the game! Also it was made by a Chinese company, not Blizzard!!!!” - Typical Warrior responses.

ManaByte

Game has already been in development for 4 years. Jason Shreier has reported the team is positive about its progress and Windows Central guy is already being allowed to see it. This game is launching much sooner than you realize.

I remember people who said there was no way Dragonflight would launch this year.

I remember people who said there was no way Dragonflight would launch this year.
I'd be more than happy if they keep proving people like me wrong about 'Blizzard Time'. If they can successfully shed that notorious image of how long it takes their devs to release a game from announcement day, then everything will be much better off for both them and fans.

I'd be more than happy if they keep proving people like me wrong about 'Blizzard Time'. If they can successfully shed that notorious image of how long it takes their devs to release a game from announcement day, then everything will be much better off for both them and fans.

I used to “love” blizzard time because it meant the games they released would be high quality. Sadly that is no longer the case and hasn’t been for a long while.

Top Bottom