• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Rumblings' that Microsoft are working with FROM on new sci-fi RPG (pre-production)

Typical reddit leak that discusses every single detail and feature from the game. It's all bullshit, same as the "rumor" posted in the OP, which has already been debunked.

From's upcoming games are Elden Ring, Armored Core and a Sony collab, the latter of which is coming from an actual reliable source who has been verified by REEEEEE mods.

Woah wait a minute. this is new to me when was this a thing? this new sony and from collab? I'd reckon it wasn't possible due to the all downsizing of Japan studios?

Perrott

Gold Member
Woah wait a minute. this is new to me when was this a thing? this new sony and from collab?
It was first reported back in November of last year.
I'd reckon it wasn't possible due to the all downsizing of Japan studios?
It would only take a team of producers from the external development arm of PlayStation Worldwide Studios to do the job Japan Studio used to do with the From Software collabs, with the technical support side of things being handled by the Product Development Group from San Diego and Malaysia.

Last edited:

Loope

Dead space?
Prey?
Metroid?
Alien isolation?
System Shock 2?
Mass Effect?
Home world?

Suck balls? Really?
take it back tina fey GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Iced Arcade

Jesus they are already going to be the one with the largest 1st party studios and most 1st party titles in the coming years.

It was first reported back in November of last year.

It would only take a team of producers from the external development arm of PlayStation Worldwide Studios to do the job Japan Studio used to do with the From Software collabs, with the technical support side of things being handled by the Product Development Group from San Diego and Malaysia.

Huh, interesting. Based on the strength or credibility of the leakers. how likely is this true or unlikely? the blue point acquisition hasn't happened so idk.

Perrott

Gold Member
Huh, interesting. Based on the strength or credibility of the leakers. how likely is this true or unlikely? the blue point acquisition hasn't happened so idk.
I'd say that it is really likely that what he reported back on November was true, considering how other insiders have come to support his statements on Bluepoint Games and the games they're working on (Metal Gear Solid), with even the mod team aknowledging that his insight on the Bluepoint acquisition was correct even if the announcement got pushed back a little because of the pandemic.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
Dead space?
Prey?
Metroid?
Alien isolation?
System Shock 2?
Mass Effect?
Home world?

Suck balls? Really?
i could totally see a lovecraftian horror in space. At some point, the protagonist would see the space breaking in half and being sucked in by this evil black hole, forced to fight in a twisted upside down reality or something.

Top Bottom