• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Rumblings' that Microsoft are working with FROM on new sci-fi RPG (pre-production)

cormack12

Gold Member
Miles Dompier from Windows Central does a speculation based on the last appearance by Phil Spencer then throws this in towards the end. He does say it's hard to say whether it's legit. Preproduction also makes it quite safe to say with no comeback for years.

Is this still the same rumor from a month ago, or is there actually some new information besides Phil having a copy of Sekiro on his shelf?

Aldric

I'm pretty sure there was rumor on /v/ a few months ago saying that the next FromSoftt game was an action game where you played as an android like in Nier and you could use mechas but it wasn't like armored core gameplay wise. Yeah I know it's /v/ so probably horseshit but you never know, sometimes real projects do leak here.

Concern

Mehhh. No sense in even thinking about their next project. Let alone, entertain a rumor about another project. When we haven't even seen official footage of Elden Ring nor have any idea of an actual release date.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Would be a casaltrophe for Sony Land.
low drifting sand GIF

Kuranghi

spicy shaq GIF

Would be really interesting to see what they do with world interconnectedness in a sci-fi setting. It would be sweet to teleport onto a spaceship from a planet or down to a planet from a ship to fight a boss and you could see the aftermath of the battle in the world afterwards.

I'm not hyper familiar with every level of Souls games is that something thats been done before?

I think they should double down on the best things about their best games, world design being one of those things.

edit - The Shaq gif was supposed to be him tasty a spicy wing and then going "Oooo" but its funnier this way so I'll leave it.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
After Sony partnership with Kadokawa Corporation (From
software’s parent company) I doubt it will be exclusive
That partnership was about making games out of Aniplex and Kadokawa properties with CyberConnect2 and has hardly got anything to do with FromSoftware. Even if it did, they can't terminate any existing contract with Microsoft.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
That sounds pretty great... I hope it pans out.

Of course another Kings field will come first.... Please?

I only request the make the android voice super mechanical and old timey.

Last edited:

Perrott

Gold Member
DAMN 💣 PLEASE BE REAL

Typical reddit leak that discusses every single detail and feature from the game. It's all bullshit, same as the "rumor" posted in the OP, which has already been debunked.

From's upcoming games are Elden Ring, Armored Core and a Sony collab, the latter of which is coming from an actual reliable source who has been verified by REEEEEE mods.

Bartski

Gold Member
Typical reddit leak that discusses every single detail and feature from the game. It's all bullshit, same as the "rumor" posted in the OP, which has already been debunked.

From's upcoming games are Elden Ring, Armored Core and a Sony collab, the latter of which is coming from an actual reliable source who has been verified by REEEEEE mods.
sad baby GIF

Who the source?

Perrott

Gold Member
Who the source?
MarsipanRumpan, who was verified and widely supported by other insiders on his other leak of the Bluepoint acquisition by Sony, although he insisted on getting banned after missing the announcement timeframe he betted his account on in a middle of a pandemic :/

Carna

Banned
I hoping this is Miyazaki's other attempt at something else besides a souls formula game like Deracine

Melchiah

Eh...

• Development started after Sekiro got released
  • Published by Activision
  • Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki
  • Mecha/Third Person RPG
  • Armored Core spiritual successor similar in vein in how Sekiro was a spiritual successor to Tenchu
  • Will release only on PS5, XSX and PC (No Oldgen release)
Fanboys can dream though.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned

This. Not that I know anymore than anybody else does but 2 of the Sony “insiders” at resetera seemed to be in agreement Sony was teaming up with from again.

NullZ3r0

Banned
I'm calling bullshit on this. MS has 23 studios. No way in hell they're funneling money to a third party developer.

Unless MS is buying From.

Perrott

Gold Member
I'm calling bullshit on this. MS has 23 studios. No way in hell they're funneling money to a third party developer.
To be fair most of the first-party games they released last year were developed by third-party studios:

Asobo Studio - Microsoft Flight Simulator
Dontnod - Tell Me Why
Moon Studios - Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Splash Damage - Gears Tactics
???????????? - Battletoads

Top Bottom