• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4070 Ti review Thread

twilo99

So at this point the best price vs. performance deals are

4090ti - if you can afford it.

3090ti
3080ti
6950xt
6900xt
6800xt

Edit. Meant 4090

Last edited:

FingerBang

Let me review any 40xx card from Nvidia: Fantastic piece of hardware at an embarrassing price.

I feel bad for PC gamers looking to upgrade. Next gen cards are basically only for the most wealthy. And this is not only Nvidia, AMD is equally a piece of shit with their pricing.

Last edited:

Leonidas

So at this point the best price vs. performance deals are

4090ti - if you can afford it.

3090ti
3080ti
6950xt
6900xt
6800xt
The old stuff is too power hungry, lacking in DLSS3 which is getting another update soon, and the whole Radeon 6000 series is too far behind in RT.

For 1440p I still stand by 4070 Ti being the best option. It's 3090 Ti level performance at half the power and cheaper.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Let me review any 40xx card from Nvidia: Fantastic piece of hardware at an embarrassing price.

I feel bad for PC gamers looking to upgrade. Next gen cards are basically only for the most wealthy. And this is not only Nvidia, AMD is equally a piece of shit with their pricing.
Late 2020-early 2022 was the time to feel bad for us, where GPUs like 3060 Ti were being scalped for like $900. No one could buy a GPU at MSRP unless you stood in line for hours or lucked out ordering online.

There are still more next-gen GPUs to come at much more affordable price points months down the line...

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

The 100$ difference

If you buy this over a 4070 ti at 900$ then you need your head checked. Buy a 7900xtx at 1000$.

If the 7900xtd is 1100 then you either buy the 4070ti for 800 or 4080 for 1200

If the 4070ti got 900 and 7900xtx for 11, buy neither and grab your self a used 3090 for almost half the price

Always the 100$ difference in the equation.

Everything outside of 4090 and MSRP is over priced.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

Performance per dollar and benchmarks are nonsense in terms of what most consumers need. If you are running a server farm or something, then yes, very important. If you just care if a card can run the games you want with acceptable performance, then that is just a binary yes/no, can it or not, question. Maybe people genuinely have cartoon heart eyes for 4k gaming with real time ray tracing, but who really wants to play bloody Cyberpunk every day for the next two years to make it worthwhile.

Soltype

Seems inline with amd offerings but overall big price hike this gen. I’d say go used 30 series but with mining cards flooding aftermarket hard to recommend that. Most new 30 series are from off brands that might be using reclaimed chips as well.

It's the best value current gen GPU at 1440p at the MSRP, but not by much...

performance-per-dollar_2560-1440.png

I would say yeah but the problem is there is no reference card right now. All test are done on more expensive partner custom cards. So I would look at the price to be anywhere from $50 - $200 over the $800.
So at 4K I'll be better off with a 4080/3080?

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
feel free to pay 300€ for marginally better upscaling (that's not even avaliable) in most games.
The 7900 XT especially that thing even was claimed to be worthless at it's price point, yet it still outperforms the 4070 ti, so props to Nvidia for making the 7900XT look good.
Oh wait we're talking to the CUDA developer here.
Hollyshit i just found the biggest AMD fanboy on this site, the way you tryna downplay dlss is hilarious. Its the best thing happend to pc gaming that boost fps with similar or sometimes even better iq than native resolutions. DLSS is supported over 380 games and apps, thats more than any other scaler lol. And almost every new game launches now with DLSS or gets updated to it. And the 7900xt is only 3% to 7% better at rasterization while been 30% behind in heavy RT games. The 4070 ti is the better card that will probably cost the same or even less (depending on the regio). The 7900XT is the worst deal there is currently with its lackluster RT and other features at its price point. Not even Nvidia can make the 7900XT a good deal lol.
1440p-p.webp

Feel free to post your GItHub here with your CUDA projects. Or even a simple Hello World, with a square root calculation just to check.
Oh wait we're talking to the CUDA developer here.
Never claimed i was a CUDA developer or that i was a heavy cuda user. I do video editing in Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premier. If you don't know the benefits of cuda on those apps than thats your problem. And let me guess, you are using a AMD 7900 XT to parallel program :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
There’s no launch at this point, but as it stands the cheapest used 3090ti on EBay right now is like $950 and the cheapest 3090 is $820. I would go with the 4070ti over either of those unless you were hard up for a productivity card that need large amounts of vram. To make either of those worth it used they need to be at $700 or less.

Gamerguy84

I'm in the middle of a build at the wrong time. I still have a few months before I need to pull the trigger on a GPU.

The build is for my child mostly but I dabble. Neither of us have ever been kind of gamers that have to get the absolute best card on the market but I understand the concept of future proofing.

Also I can easily afford a 4090, 80, 70 but just don't know if I want to give the price gougers money. I hate scalpers anyway and it's not much different.

I'm gonna relax a couple months and see how it all plays out.

SomeGit

It's the best thing happend to pc gaming that boost fps with similar or sometimes even better iq than native resolutions.

You are drinking the cool aid too hard, it's really not unless you sit still any movement and it becomes obvious. I should know, my 3060 laptop could really use DLSS to get it to acceptable performance in some games, but it becomes too distracting especially at lower than 1440p.

And the 7900xt is only 3% to 7% better at rasterization while been 30% behind in heavy RT games.

"Only 3% to 7%"

performance-matchup.png

It gets even worse at 4K.

Never claimed i was a CUDA developer or that i was a heavy cuda user. I do video editing in Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premier. If you don't know the benefits of cuda on those apps than thats your problem. And let me guess, you are using a AMD 7900 XT to parallel program :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

I don't and sounds like you also don't, maybe you should check Mercury benchmarks if you think they are really that different. Maybe you'll be surprised.

I don't have an AMD card, why are you asking? I have a 3060 and a 3080 Ti, though I wish Nvidia shipped competent Linux drivers that's a use case I can vouch AMD to be much better, but I won't use it here because who cares.

In the end who is the biggest fanboy, the one who doesn't own any discrete AMD GPU (just the iGPU on my laptop and the one on the Steam Deck) or the guy that's trying hard to defend a GPU that even r/Nvidia is calling crap. You decide.

Last edited:

Denton

There’s no launch at this point, but as it stands the cheapest used 3090ti on EBay right now is like $950 and the cheapest 3090 is $820. I would go with the 4070ti over either of those unless you were hard up for a productivity card that need large amounts of vram. To make either of those worth it used they need to be at $700 or less.
I got 3080Ti for $600 two months ago, with 18 months of warranty left on it. The guy bought it for $1800 just a year ago. I kinda doubt he made the money back from mining. He was selling around 30 GPUs.

In retrospect, that was a fantastic buy on my part I gotta say..cheapest 4070Ti is currently little over $900 here.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
You are drinking the cool aid too hard, it's really not unless you sit still any movement and it becomes obvious. I should know, my 3060 laptop could really use DLSS to get it to acceptable performance in some games, but it becomes too distracting especially at lower than 1440p.

"Only 3% to 7%"

performance-matchup.png

It gets even worse at 4K.

I don't and sounds like you also don't, maybe you should check Mercury benchmarks if you think they are really that different. Maybe you'll be surprised.

I don't have an AMD card, why are you asking? I have a 3060 and a 3080 Ti, though I wish Nvidia shipped competent Linux drivers that's a use case I can vouch AMD to be much better, but I won't use it here because who cares.
I think you need to stop sniffin that white line. Im using DLSS all the time and it looks literally as good or sometimes better than native 4K even in motion. Sure there are few games with bad implementation but most of the time its literally as good or better. Play Asseto Corsa Compatzione in native 4k and see how many artefacts it has compared to DLSS quality which reduces all the trails left behind the car. And its much much better than FSR2 in motion or any other upscaler.

This is what Techspot had to say for 1440p "Starting with the 1440p data, here's our 16 game average. Based on everything we just saw, the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti is slightly slower than the 7900 XT on average, though it's just 4% slower which is very close for these two GPUs. We're also looking at a 5% boost on average over the 3090 Ti and 6950 XT, with a 13% increase over the 6900 XT and RTX 3090."

This is what Techspot had to say for 4K "At 4K, the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti was 7% slower than the 7900 XT and 3% slower than the 3090 Ti, but also 4% faster than the 6950 XT. So in short, you get previous-gen flagship performance for $800, which in today's market doesn't seem all that bad."

4K-p.webp

https://www.techspot.com/review/2601-nvidia-geforce-rtx-4070-ti/

kiphalfton

I remember when the gtx 970 came out at half the price of the gtx 780 ti and was about on par.

Is the price of the rtx 4070 ti less than half that price of the rtx 3090 ti at launch, sure, but doesn't matter since the price of the rtx 3090 ti was super inflated.

SomeGit

I think you need to stop sniffin that white line. Im using DLSS all the time and it looks literally as good or sometimes better than native 4K even in motion.

There's only one sniffing stuff here, go to Spec Savers if you think DLSS is better than native 4K in motion.

Play Asseto Corsa Compatzione in native 4k and see how many artefacts it has compared to DLSS quality which reduces all the trails left behind the car.

First, Assetto Corsa Competizione.
Second, you don't see trails because DLSS disables the awful low sample TAA the game uses, that's what causing the trails. You should see that the game gets massively blurry even in DLSS Quality at 4K compared to even the TAA mess at Native, flicketring also become a big issue.
I don't know how you can miss that. unless you are "sniffin that white line" or that cool aid.

Third, it's hilarious that you use ACC, because the ACC community actually recommends FSR Ultra Quality over DLSS even on Nvidia, but I'm not mad enough to claim it's better than DLSS, so I'll just file that under game that bad DLSS implementation. Interesting example though.

This is what Techspot had to say for 1440p "Starting with the 1440p data, here's our 16 game average. Based on everything we just saw, the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti is slightly slower than the 7900 XT on average, though it's just 4% slower which is very close for these two GPUs. We're also looking at a 5% boost on average over the 3090 Ti and 6950 XT, with a 13% increase over the 6900 XT and RTX 3090."

Who to choose, Techspot with 16 games or TPU with 25, what a conundrum.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I got 3080Ti for $600 two months ago, with 18 months of warranty left on it. The guy bought it for $1800 just a year ago. I kinda doubt he made the money back from mining. He was selling around 30 GPUs.

In retrospect, that was a fantastic buy on my part I gotta say..cheapest 4070Ti is currently little over $900 here.
You scored, man. Especially in light of the 18-month warranty.

DaGwaphics

Surely did. They might have felt compelled since they had to change the name.

These cards are still above my price point for a desktop part. Given how the stack is shaping up, I’m not too hopeful for the 4060/4070. Especially after the crappy 3060 last gen. For Pascal and Turing the -60 equaled or surpassed the -80 from the previous gen. 3060 was a $399 2070 and barely beat out the $399 2060 Super. If that’s anything to go by, we’re probably looking at a $499-550 4060 that’s as powerful as a 3070. Basically making no generational advancement at the price point outside of DLSS3.

And honestly, with a $799 4070ti, a $699 4070 and a $599 4060 wouldn’t be too far fetched. $499-550 is me being “hopeful”.

That's my fear as well. Though I still have some hope that they realize that the largest group of buyers aren't that interested in moving beyond $350-400 and they are too afraid to risk losing those sales.

RafterXL

The old stuff is too power hungry, lacking in DLSS3 which is getting another update soon, and the whole Radeon 6000 series is too far behind in RT.

For 1440p I still stand by 4070 Ti being the best option. It's 3090 Ti level performance at half the power and cheaper.
Why would you spend near a grand to play at 1440p? Just buy a 3080 and you're set. This card is so bad it actually makes the 7900xt look attractive, which is hilarious considering how awful that card is.

GreatnessRD

Why would you spend near a grand to play at 1440p? Just buy a 3080 and you're set. This card is so bad it actually makes the 7900xt look attractive, which is hilarious considering how awful that card is.
Because Jensen said the more you buy, the more you save, Bucko!

Leonidas

Why would you spend near a grand to play at 1440p? Just buy a 3080 and you're set.
2 year old card, 10 GB VRAM, 300 watts, no DLSS3, RTX 4070 Ti is 20% faster at 1440p. Why would anyone buy a 3080 at this point?

Last edited:

Leonidas

Increasing production costs seems to be a common thread in written reviews, but somehow many mainstream Youtubers seemed to miss this point entirely and instead jumped straight to outrage mode (along with many of their viewers).

Digital Foundry on the pricing
First of all, if you're expecting the same kind of gen-on-gen improvements to performance alongside a significant price-cut, you're likely to be disappointed by RTX 4070 Ti. It's more expensive than RTX 3080 and it delivers broadly comparable performance to the last-gen RTX 3090/3090 Ti as opposed to comprehensively besting them in the same way that RTX 3080 trounced the RTX 2080 Ti.

The second way of looking at pricing is to accept that we live in economically challenging times. Inflation is rampant while the cost of energy has significantly increased, meaning that the price of making just about anything has risen. Meanwhile, the cost of semiconductors on the most cutting-edge process nodes has gone up. Producing, smaller, denser chips is challenging - and it's the reason why Microsoft created Xbox Series S. Per our Series S big interview with the architect of the hardware, the Xbox team saw no way to produce a cost-reduced 'Slim' version of Series X as cost-per-transistor remained static so the solution was to cut down on costs instead. This has been borne out years later as prices on console hardware are only heading in one direction - up.

PCPer's review had this to say about the pricing.

PRICING – LET’S STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT IT​

While it ended up being $100 lower than we anticipated, the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti’s $799 price will still anger a lot of people. We have a xx70 card with a higher price tag than the last-gen xx80 card, and it doesn’t matter what the performance is (apparently); people will still be outraged by this.
I could theorize that once an RTX 4060/4060 Ti cards is available (in what I hope will be the under-$500 segment), we may finally see the RTX 30 Series put to bed – and with it the price pressure on these higher-performing new parts. Having a $699+ RTX 3080 does not help, but if the market votes against the status quo then who knows what might happen with pricing.
I am, however, growing increasingly tired of the current-gen pricing complaints. AMD was selling their flagship Radeon RX 5700 XT for just $399 a few years ago, and the GTX 1080 Ti was $699. I remember those days, too. However, I don’t think prices are coming down any time soon, unless Intel’s next GPU kicks major ass or AMD decides to start a price war.
Maybe, just maybe, we can accept that high-end GPUs are expensive niche products right now (as they once were), and the era of $699 flagships is over. Things cost more than they used to now, as I keep learning every time I go shopping for anything. If expensive computer add-in boards don’t sell then decisions will have to be made about their price, and the economic viability of continuing to produce them.
Enough about pricing. It’s annoying to pay more for things. Every single thing at the hardware store is double what I last paid for it whenever I need to fix something around the house. No one wants to hear me complain about the cost of PVC pipe or electrical wire, but I have started to accept that the buying power of a dollar is about half of what it used to be.

From Tom's Hardware Review
But pricing is where things really start to get messy. Yes, it's getting more expensive to manufacture GPUs on the latest process nodes from TSMC. How much more money does Nvidia have to spend to make a 4070 Ti and its associated AD104 GPU compared to the previous generation RTX 3080 12GB or 3080 Ti? I couldn't say for sure, but I'm sure it's more expensive, and Nvidia also has to recover its R&D costs. But we're still left with a 4070 Ti priced at $800 replacing the 3070 Ti that only cost $600 — and we didn't even love the 3070 Ti price in the first place!

The cost per transistor has gone up, AD104 has 26% more transistors vs. the old big GA102 that's why things are priced the way they are.

I hate to say it, but if you think the prices are too high, buy the old last gen stuff, consoles or keep waiting for the next card in the line that will likely be 10-20% cheaper and 10-20% less performant.

Last edited:

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
It's the best value current gen GPU at 1440p at the MSRP, but not by much...

performance-per-dollar_2560-1440.png
Good luck finding these cards at MSRP, it's already well known that AIB's cant make a profit at MSRP anymore since Nvidia are squeezing the profit margins out of them, they'll probably make one super low batch of cards and never restock.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Remember when Nvidia tried to call this thing a 4080?

I do.

Remember when they claimed 3x performance over a 3090ti?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

This is why after owning nothing but Nvidia cards since getting into PC gaming I switched to AMD.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Skip the generation if you have anything above a 3060Ti'6X.
Every thing is way overpriced and the only good value is the frikken 4090.

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-with-gddr6x-memory-expected-to-v0-LRlyZF9U6C1cdZE2Oajjt_4vzmrrvhnl6irtP5hoUaQ.jpg

^399 basically all the performance of an RTX3070.
Good times.

adamosmaki

Not able to watch the videos right now, but why are reviewers appearing to be so down on it if it looks like it's meeting nVidia's claim of being faster than a 3090 Ti?
Well 3090ti was grossly overpriced at launch while basically launch just a few months before the much faster 4090 so being equal to that gpu says nothing. Problem is nvidia moved xx70 series gpu from €400-500 to 800. Let alone nvidia is cutting corners such as memory bandwidth in a freaking 800gpu.

//DEVIL//

Skip the generation if you have anything above a 3060Ti'6X.
Every thing is way overpriced and the only good value is the frikken 4090.

nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-ti-with-gddr6x-memory-expected-to-v0-LRlyZF9U6C1cdZE2Oajjt_4vzmrrvhnl6irtP5hoUaQ.jpg

^399 basically all the performance of an RTX3070.
Good times.
I don't agree with this.

First of all, the big games with unreal engine 5 are coming this year. Even cards like the 4070ti will struggle at 4k 60 fps. Making the card more into the 2k upper card.

All these benchmarks are just some games based on last gen tech, the minute the next gen games shows up, the real struggle will happen.

The 3060ti is barely keeping at it on 2k for the current games. Next gen games show up ? That card is a full hd level.

You will see soon enough. When a 2070s is the minimum requirement for a silent hill 2 remake using unreal engine 5, things will be funny soon

It's laughable when we see an almost 8k Samsung Odyssey neo monitor at 240 htz when the highest end card can't push past 8k 120 and even then, no games run properly at that with dlss on performance outside of probably doom and Tetris.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm in the middle of a build at the wrong time. I still have a few months before I need to pull the trigger on a GPU.

The build is for my child mostly but I dabble. Neither of us have ever been kind of gamers that have to get the absolute best card on the market but I understand the concept of future proofing.

Also I can easily afford a 4090, 80, 70 but just don't know if I want to give the price gougers money. I hate scalpers anyway and it's not much different.

I'm gonna relax a couple months and see how it all plays out.

Thanks for letting us know you can easily afford a 4090 for your child's computer.

PeteBull

Ever since the pandemic started it feels like we’re living in an alternate reality. Prices are insane these days. The new nvidia cycle is:

Pascal (good)
Turing (skip)
Ampere (good)
Ada Lovelace (skip)
Both nvidia and amd banked on crypto boom to last much longer, all those current prices are good value only if u compare them to nasty crypto time prices, back in august 2021 i bought 3080ti for 2200 euro(yes i overpaid but d2r was coming and till now i spend well over 700h in it, not to mention hundreds of hours in other games) which is now in 4k basically same perf (and vram)compared to 900-1k euro models of 4070ti sold now.

Im hoping that as long as crypto boom doesnt have any resurgence next family both from amd and nvidia gonna be smaller jump vs current cards but made in mind to be very cost effective.
Look at 4070ti cooler size, basically all models have way too big(expensive to produce) coolers which could easily shave at least 100 euro/bucks for us, at 700euro street price this card would be really good value, maybe in a year we gonna get refresh/super model ;/

Last edited:

s-bojan

Banned
Because games like w3 would work pretty badly on 3080. And I am sure that that is not the last bad pc port we will see.
I do agree that this gpu is too expensive. I was hoping it will be around 700e.

Last edited:

FingerBang

Late 2020-early 2022 was the time to feel bad for us, where GPUs like 3060 Ti were being scalped for like $900. No one could buy a GPU at MSRP unless you stood in line for hours or lucked out ordering online.

There are still more next-gen GPUs to come at much more affordable price points months down the line...
It was different though. Yes, MSRP was almost impossible to find, but there still was a reasonable price for most cards. I got an RTX 3080 FE for retail price a couple of months after release. The crypto bubble took longer than before to burst, but then it happened and especially AMD card have been available for less than MSRP.

Prices were up because of demand. It sucks, but it's how the market works. Now you have a 600 tier card that costs 800 and a 700 tier card at 1200. Yeah, the 3060ti won't be 900, but expect it to be 600 at least. These cards aren't amazing value compared to last gen because if you ignore the tier and just look at the price, the performance uplift is not that high, so you have to go a higher tier anyway. It's awful.

GymWolf

Performance per dollar and benchmarks are nonsense in terms of what most consumers need. If you are running a server farm or something, then yes, very important. If you just care if a card can run the games you want with acceptable performance, then that is just a binary yes/no, can it or not, question. Maybe people genuinely have cartoon heart eyes for 4k gaming with real time ray tracing, but who really wants to play bloody Cyberpunk every day for the next two years to make it worthwhile.
Dude, have you saw all the graphic heavy stuff that is gonna come out this year?

Atomic heart look like its gonna put on his knees every gpu on the market
Hogwarts looks fantastic
Stalker 2
Starfield
The day before
All the ps5 ports with improved rtx
Dead island 2
Re4 remake
Dead space remake
The new star wars game
Cyberpunk dlc

And i'm forgetting AT LEAST another 5-10 graphical powerhouse games just for 2023.

There is no better year for people with an enthusiast build to flex their pc.

I'm partially convinced that one of the minor reasons why nvidia inflated the prices of their gpus is because they know that for hardcore gamers, this year is gonna be megaton after megaton after megaton and people want to play this stuff at his best.

Last edited:

Rickyiez

Nay , my 3080Ti average at about 250W undervolted . Not to say you can't do that on 40 series , but the conception that Nvidia cards are too power hungry is wrong . They are quite efficient in fact

Hogwarts looks fantastic
Stalker 2
Starfield
The day before
Dead island 2
Re4 remake
Dead space remake
The new star wars game
Cyberpunk dlc

Atomic heart is prolly just a shitty tech demo and nothing else, doubt anyones going to care. Hogwarts will run fin for everyone, stalker 2 is next year 100%, starfield will run on most shit as well but it will prolly be garbage optimized cuz Bethesda lol, the day before is vaporware and will prolly never release or at the very least not this year anyway, most peple dont give a shit about reflections and shadows in games especially most steam users, dead island 2 does not look next-gen, will prolly run fine as well, dead space remake same, new star wars game MAYBE cuz its next-gen only and cyberpunk dlc as well, avatar rofl ubisoft, 2025 game prolly. SO yeah, not rly mandatory to get gpus since there are barely any games to use it for. If you want to play all these games maxed 4k for some idiotic reason sure go ahead, get the best gpu's but most sane people know how to tweak some settings to gain a ton of fps with minimal visual difference and that includes not using useless rtx effects such as reflections just so you can not notice them 90% of the time unless you take some pretty screenshots.

Wildebeest

Dude, have you saw all the graphic heavy stuff that is gonna come out this year?

Hogwarts looks fantastic
Stalker 2
Starfield
The day before
Dead island 2
Re4 remake
Dead space remake
The new star wars game
Cyberpunk dlc

And i'm forgetting AT LEAST another 5-10 graphical powerhouse games just for 2023.

There is no better year for people with an enthusiast build to flex their pc.

I'm partially convinced that one of the minor reasons why nvidia inflated the prices of their gpus is because they know that for hardcore gamers, this year is gonna be megaton after megaton after megaton and people want to play this stuff at his best.
Out of those, Starfield is the only one that really interests me, and then mostly in the way that a car crash interests me.

GymWolf

Atomic heart is prolly just a shitty tech demo and nothing else, doubt anyones going to care. Hogwarts will run fin for everyone, stalker 2 is next year 100%, starfield will run on most shit as well but it will prolly be garbage optimized cuz Bethesda lol, the day before is vaporware and will prolly never release or at the very least not this year anyway, most peple dont give a shit about reflections and shadows in games especially most steam users, dead island 2 does not look next-gen, will prolly run fine as well, dead space remake same, new star wars game MAYBE cuz its next-gen only and cyberpunk dlc as well, avatar rofl ubisoft, 2025 game prolly. SO yeah, not rly mandatory to get gpus since there are barely any games to use it for. If you want to play all these games maxed 4k for some idiotic reason sure go ahead, get the best gpu's but most sane people know how to tweak some settings to gain a ton of fps with minimal visual difference and that includes not using useless rtx effects such as reflections just so you can not notice them 90% of the time unless you take some pretty screenshots.
Nice way to dismiss all these games, we are gonna see very soon how older gpus are gonna fair at 4k60 ultra+rtx with these games...

For some idiotic reason?? Dude are you fucking kidding me? This an ENTHUSIAST videogame forum, this is THE fucking place where people want to play at 4k60 in their 4k monitors, for you is an idiotic reason, for everyone else is called being an enthusiast gamer, if you think that is moronic you are clearly in the wrong topic/forum.
Of course you can turn down some settings if ultra and very high look similar, but sometimes you just want to put everything on ultra without losing 2 hours for every game doing comparisons for every setting and if it is worth to leave on ultra.
I'm probably gonna have to turn some shit down even with a 4080 with some games, but way less than if i had an inferior gpu.

Out of those, Starfield is the only one that really interests me, and then mostly in the way that a car crash interests me.
What YOU like or gonna buy was never the point of my post tho, the point is that this year we have a fuckload of games to flex our gpu other than cyberpunk.
I personally gonna buy almost every game on that list and that is why i'm buying a 4080 even with these crazy prices.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

What YOU like or gonna buy was never the point of my post tho, the point is that this year we have a fuckload of games for flex our gpu other than cyberpunk.
I personally gonna buy almost every game on that list and that is why i'm buying a 4080 even with these crazy prices.
I'm sure those games will all sell well on PC if they need a 4080 to run properly.

GymWolf

I'm sure those games will all sell well on PC if they need a 4080 to run properly.
One moving goalpost wasn't enough uh? So first was what you like, and now is how much these games are gonna sold...next what?

We can stop the discussion if you don't wanna admit how fucking wrong you were with that "only cyberpunk" narrative.

Last edited:

Wildebeest

One moving goalpost wasn't enough uh?

Ok dude, we can stop the discussion if you don't wanna admit how fucking wrong you were with that "only cyberpunk" narrative, it is ok to be wrong sometimes.
I was talking in general about hardware that runs the "games you want". You listed some games you want, and I listed games I want. I went back to my point about it only really making great sense to upgrade, like if you can't play current games you want on your potato 3080 rig, or whatever, and questioned how likely it would be for people to do a full system upgrade to play some of these games. Maybe they would give up PC gaming and just get a console instead if that was the case, and they really wanted these games, I don't know. It was you who shifted the goal post to games which are not even out yet, so don't get high and mighty with me.

GymWolf

I was talking in general about hardware that runs the "games you want". You listed some games you want, and I listed games I want. I went back to my point about it only really making great sense to upgrade, like if you can't play current games you want on your potato 3080 rig, or whatever, and questioned how likely it would be for people to do a full system upgrade to play some of these games. Maybe they would give up PC gaming and just get a console instead if that was the case, and they really wanted these games, I don't know. It was you who shifted the goal post to games which are not even out yet, so don't get high and mighty with me.
Nah dude, you were talking in general, unless you consider yourself as "people"

Maybe people genuinely have cartoon heart eyes for 4k gaming with real time ray tracing, but who really wants to play bloody Cyberpunk every day for the next two years to make it worthwhile.
(Cit)

And i showed to you how "people" have a lot of games coming out this year to look for when it comes to flex their high end gpu.

I really don't wanna fight over something this stupid, i was just surprised to read that when we are on the verge of potentially on of the fullest years ever in gaming, if there is a year that warrant a gpu change, this is it.

I think that who has an high end 3000\6000 series is gonna be probably ok, but not people like me with a mid 2000 series or lower if you aim for 4k60.

Last edited:
this is THE fucking place where people want to play at 4k60 in their 4k monitors

No, its not. Thats just elitist thinking. Most gaf memebers have either a console or a mid-range pc. More than 70% of steam still play at 1080p and have gpus from the 1x series lol. Literally only a very small number will spend thousands on dollars to playu at 4k on PC more so with RTX. Ridiculous.
but sometimes you just want to put everything on ultra without losing 2 hours

Takes 1 minute to change shadow quality and other useless shit from ultra to high and gain at least 20+ fps without any perceivable difference especially when youre playing the game and not starring at the shadows for some dumb reason. COngratulations, you got a 4080, but turn down the elitist shit.

Top Bottom