• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4070 Ti review Thread

winjer

Gold Member

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
1440p-p.webp

average-fps_2560_1440.png

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

Not able to watch the videos right now, but why are reviewers appearing to be so down on it if it looks like it's meeting nVidia's claim of being faster than a 3090 Ti?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
We have to deal with it, Nvidia said that GPU won't get cheaper anymore, it is how it is. It's bad but what can you do.

What a strange stance. The market dictates acceptable prices, not the manufacturer. We aren't all beholdened to paying whatever nVidia feels like charging us with no other option.

You can not buy it. And considering GPU sales are at a 20+ year low, that seems to be exactly what's happening. And if this trend continues, nVidia will be forced to lower prices.

LordCBH

Not able to watch the videos right now, but why are reviewers appearing to be so down on it if it looks like it's meeting nVidia's claim of being faster than a 3090 Ti?

Because the pricing is pants on head retarded. And that’s at base price. After the initial run, you won’t find any cards at the base price because the partners won’t make those base price versions after launch.

amigastar

What a strange stance. The market dictates acceptable prices, not the manufacturer. We aren't all beholdened to paying whatever nVidia feels like charging us with no other option.

You can not buy it. And considering GPU sales are at a 20+ year low, that seems to be exactly what's happening. And if this trend continues, nVidia will be forced to lower prices.
I hope so too. I hate the current prices. But there's this:

Last edited:
about same performance as a 3090 Ti for £799. a 3090 Ti was like £1,900 only 9 months ago. isn't that good?

but yeah i get it. i paid £750 for a 2080 in 2018 and a 3080 was meant to be £650 in 2020. now a 4080 is £1200. even with inflation that's an insane hike.

the pricing sucks but nvidia can get away with it. they don't have good competition from AMD. Nvidia will only lower prices if sales disappoint. Maybe hold off and see if they do a refresh later this year like the 2000 Super series.... or hope that 5000 card prices don't go higher in 2024 lol

Last edited:
Nvidia claimed it was 3x faster than 3090 ti
manufacturer of product hyping up their product and shifting the truth? well i never!

it might be 3x faster than a 3090 Ti in a specific situation. like maybe that 1 game at 1080p with this particular CPU/RAM at this exact speed.

if they can market it as 3x faster than a 3090 Ti then they are going to do it. it's marketing bullshit and why you should always wait for independant reviews such as these youtube reviews. always take Nvidia, Intel, Microsoft, AMD, or Sony's word with a grain of salt.

winjer

Gold Member
about same performance as a 3090 Ti for £799. a 3090 Ti was like £1,900 only 9 months ago. isn't that good?

but yeah i get it. i paid £750 for a 2080 in 2018 and a 3080 was meant to be £650 in 2020. now a 4080 is £1200. even with inflation that's an insane hike.

the pricing sucks but nvidia can get away with it. they don't have good competition from AMD. Nvidia will only lower prices if sales disappoint. Maybe hold off and see if they do a refresh later this year like the 2000 Super series.... or hope that 5000 card prices don't go higher in 2024 lol

No. The 3090Ti was extremely overpriced to begin with.
But with every generation we should see a good improvement to performance/dollar. And this is not happening a lot in this generation.
This is a 4070Ti, but considering it's die size, should probably be a 4060Ti or 4070.
So it's price should be around 500$. Not 800$.

No. The 3090Ti was extremely overpriced to begin with.
But with every generation we should see a good improvement to performance/dollar. And this is not happening a lot in this generation.
This is a 4070Ti, but considering it's die size, should probably be a 4060Ti or 4070.
So it's price should be around 500$. Not 800$.
i'm just looking at the prices nvidia listed. $2000 for a 3090 Ti which came out just over 9 months ago and $800 for a 4070 Ti that is brand new and you're getting same performance. the 4070 Ti is definitely the better value. i'd be pissed if i had bought a 3090 Ti not even a year ago and then this card comes along lol.

i don't disgree but that wasn't really my point. again nvidia can almost do what they want. AMDs new cards are not bad but the 7900XTX makes a 4080 look good value. what do you want Nvidia to do? They are a business out to make money and the competition is not threatening them really. if people don't like it they need to vote with their wallet and don't buy it or go AMD. that's the only way Nvidia will change things.

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
i'm just looking at the prices nvidia listed. $2000 for a 3090 Ti which came out just over 9 months ago and $800 for a 4070 Ti that is brand new and you're getting same performance. the 4070 Ti is definitely the better value. i'd be pissed if i had bought a 3090 Ti not even a year ago and then this card comes along lol.

i don't disgree but that wasn't really my point. again nvidia can almost do what they want. AMDs new cards are not bad but the 7900XTX makes a 4080 look good value. what do you want Nvidia to do? They are a business out to make money and the competition is not threatening them really. if people don't like it they need to vote with their wallet and don't buy it or go AMD. that's the only way Nvidia will change things.

When the 3090Ti was released many people here on the forum, warned that it was a terrible deal. Not only because of pricing, but also because of the release of the 4000 series being closer and closer.
And mind you, that the 3000 gen was extremely inflated because of mining. But now we no longer have mining to boost prices up, but NVidia and AMD are still trying to sell GPUs as if miners were buying them.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I can get a used 3090 for like £700 on eBay. This is hilariously bad.

winjer

Gold Member
And the worst thing is that just a few years ago, when gamers bought a new GPU, usually there was an offer of one or two games.
Today we are not only paying much more for a GPU, but we don't even get a free game to sweeten the pill. And this is one very hard pill to swallow.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
800 usd means more like 900 euros and then you won't really be looking at reference cards so 1000-1100 for a 70 series. Thanks, but no thanks.

Keep in mind that the original RTX 3070 cost 500 euros two years ago. It's direct successor will cost 1000 euros.

It's a sad state of affairs people are OK with current graphics card pricing. We should make much more of a stink and stop buying 'em.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
We should make much more of a stink and stop buying 'em.

Never gonna happen. Plenty of people with more money than they know what to do with and plenty of those people inhabit this board. People buying 3090s at launch from scalpers and calling them "gaming cards".

Does seem like there's WAY less interest this time though which is a good thing.

Last edited:

SolidQ

4070ti making 7900XT looks good value. 4070ti already selling in my country for 50$ less than 7900XT, which making 4070ti bad value with 192bus and 12gb

Kataploom

Gold Member

Yeah, Nvidia messed up but it's also as powerful as the 7900xt for $100 less.

Btw, didn't know AMD am was so close to Nvidia on RT performance, they basically closed the gap enough to the point I don't think it's too relevant anymore that much unless you put DLSS into account and want to go beyond 60fps

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
So similar to the 7900xt, was happy with that if wasn’t for the bad drivers. Prices are high but yup, that’s how it goes now.

Was hoping cards would be smaller but they seem to be big as 4080s

Last edited:

Skifi28

The description of how nvidia accidently got to the 3 times 3090ti figure in the GN review was pure gold.
That along with calculating for how long babies can see 200fps. Seriously, the best parody of a review ever to suit a parody of a product launch.

nbkicker

Looks like another card ill be holding off from, my 2080 super will have todo, although on my 1440p monitor it holds up, but been wanting to update to a 4k monitor, but £1200 for a 4080 is bit of a sting when i paid £649 from nvidia for a 2080 super

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Is this a decent buy at MSRP?

Seems inline with amd offerings but overall big price hike this gen. I’d say go used 30 series but with mining cards flooding aftermarket hard to recommend that. Most new 30 series are from off brands that might be using reclaimed chips as well.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

The good thing for gamers is that Nvidia can't really do whatever they want, and this generation of products should prove that out very well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom