• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 4070 Review Thread

Spyxos

Gold Member
Anyone here who has switched from rtx 3060 ti to rtx 4070? Was it worth it for you? On youtube I see the fps gain at about 20 fps in most games. I could get a used one very cheap right now I'm just not sure if it's worth it.

5600x
DDR4 32 gb ram

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Anyone here who has switched from rtx 3060 ti to rtx 4070? Was it worth it for you? On youtube I see the fps gain at about 20 fps in most games. I could get a used one very cheap right now I'm just not sure if it's worth it.

5600x
DDR4 32 gb ram

I went from a 2070 (not all that different from a 3060 Ti) to a 4070, and whether or not I saw any real differences depended on the game. Dead Space remake was like night and day, but Fortnite basically stayed the same. Maybe 10-15 fps gain or so, at best. But then I also upgraded my cpu from R5 3600 to 5800x3D and my computer just took off, through the fucking roof and then some. That change made all the difference in the world, at least combined with the 4070. Playing on 1440p.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

5600x
DDR4 32 gb ram
I went from a 2070 (similar in performance to 3060Ti) to a 4070Ti, and it's night and day, especially for anything with ray tracing. It's also gonna depend a little on CPU bottlenecks (I upgraded my CPU as well), but it doesn't seem like you're doing too bad there.

"Worth it" is a harder question, only you can say how much gaming performance is worth to you, but it's a pretty sizable leap.

Last edited:

Spyxos

Gold Member
I went from a 2070 to a 4070Ti, and it's night and day, especially for anything with ray tracing.

"Worth it" is a harder question, only you can say how much gaming performance is worth to you, but it's a pretty sizable leap.
4070ti is a lot fasten than 4070. And also much more expensive.

Top Bottom