• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 40 series finalised using 5nm (4090 will be 2x 3090)

Bryank75

Banned
Dude the ps5 topic is another one.
Nah, Im specifically talking about the 30XX cards...... they've only just come out and hardly anyone has them due to scalping and crypto.

On top of that the energy bills are banning pre-builds which also hits card sourcing for certain states.

I do wonder how far they will go with the energy regulation...could hit PC users quite hard if they regulate parts or the laws go worldwide.

GymWolf

Nah, Im specifically talking about the 30XX cards...... they've only just come out and hardly anyone has them due to scalping and crypto.

On top of that the energy bills are banning pre-builds which also hits card sourcing for certain states.

I do wonder how far they will go with the energy regulation...could hit PC users quite hard if they regulate parts or the laws go worldwide.
I think the regulation is just for the safe\rest mode, not the entire output of the gpu.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Hopefully these cunts are gonna return to "normal" prices for the 4000 series.

70 series no more than 500 dollars
80 series no more than 700 dollars
90\ti series no more than a kidney and maybe 2-3 fingers.

Isnt this the MSRP of these cards right now.

xx70 series cards were Sub 400 dollar cards its why they were such good value.
The 20 series had all the RTX nonsense so they tried to justify the price increase to 500 dollars.

I still believe Nvidia will actually keep charging 500 dollars for xx70 cards while constantly putting chips above the xx70.
We already have 70Ti, I expect 80 and 80Ti going forward and xx90 at the top.

The xx70 is basically a mid/low card now.

GymWolf

Isnt this the MSRP of these cards right now.

xx70 series cards were Sub 400 dollar cards its why they were such good value.
The 20 series had all the RTX nonsense so they tried to justify the price increase to 500 dollars.

I still believe Nvidia will actually keep charging 500 dollars for xx70 cards while constantly putting chips above the xx70.
We already have 70Ti, I expect 80 and 80Ti going forward and xx90 at the top.

The xx70 is basically a mid/low card now.
That's why i said "normal" prices :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I bought the previous 70 series (970 and 1070) in a range between 350\400 euros, so even this 500 price tag is kinda greedy.

GreatnessRD

Hopefully these cunts are gonna return to "normal" prices for the 4000 series.

70 series no more than 500 dollars
80 series no more than 700 dollars
90\ti series no more than a kidney and maybe 2-3 fingers.
I'm starting to think prices will never return to normal after the world showed they were willing to pay double and triple the prices of MSRP. As I stated in a discord, AMD and Nvidia are licking their chops. But I'm the ultimate pessimistic, so hopefully I'm wrong. I just think AMD and Nvidia won't forget that folks were willingly paying 2080 Ti prices for their midrange and low midrange GPUs. (3070/Ti, 3060 Ti - 6800, 6700 XT, etc) You just hate to see it.

Dream-Knife

Banned
All of your new cards are out of date already.... sucks for you.

Even if you didn't manage to get one yet.

Probably won't manage to get the next ones either.

This will have a big scalper target on it...
Technology always evolves. If you always chase the latest and greatest you'll never be happy.
I'm starting to think prices will never return to normal after the world showed they were willing to pay double and triple the prices of MSRP. As I stated in a discord, AMD and Nvidia are licking their chops. But I'm the ultimate pessimistic, so hopefully I'm wrong. I just think AMD and Nvidia won't forget that folks were willingly paying 2080 Ti prices for their midrange and low midrange GPUs. (3070/Ti, 3060 Ti - 6800, 6700 XT, etc) You just hate to see it.
Eventually supply will be greater than demand, and the cards will have to come down. You also have to assume that the 40 series and RDNA3 could be DOA like the 20 series as everyone that wanted to upgrade did so already, and no games to really take advantage of the power.

40 series might be a shitshow, but 50 series and rdna 4 will re-correct.

I'll be running my 3090 for at least 5 years. I have no intention of replacing such an expensive piece of hardware just because new hotness dropped. This beast can still chew through any modern title and DLSS will only continue to improve. I'll start paying attention again when the 50 or 60 series drop. I just hope these cards get better at power consumption because these things are starting to get pretty beefy

GreatnessRD

Eventually supply will be greater than demand, and the cards will have to come down. You also have to assume that the 40 series and RDNA3 could be DOA like the 20 series as everyone that wanted to upgrade did so already, and no games to really take advantage of the power.

I hope you're right, friend. I hope you're right. I'm set though personally. I plan to run this 6800 XT for at least 4, maybe 5 years. My first "high-end" GPU so I'm going to rock it out with this. Just can't wait till this shitshow is over so everyone can go back to getting GPUs are reasonable prices.

//DEVIL//

I wonder if we will get video games this fall aside from the horrible TI cards that were just released.

Honestly I am enjoying the 3080. But I wouldn't mind a card that is 40% more powerful than my card if the price is right.

but upgrading the 3080 to Ti or 3090 is just fuck no.

Kenpachii

My general rule is always something like 2-3x performance increase before i upgrade.

4000 seems like a good fit here if nvidia doesn't skimp on the memory, that card will hold me over for most of the gen.

Dream-Knife

Banned
I hope you're right, friend. I hope you're right. I'm set though personally. I plan to run this 6800 XT for at least 4, maybe 5 years. My first "high-end" GPU so I'm going to rock it out with this. Just can't wait till this shitshow is over so everyone can go back to getting GPUs are reasonable prices.
Same, but I'm running a red dragon 6800.

We'll at least be fine with VRAM, lol.

Kenpachii

Technology always evolves. If you always chase the latest and greatest you'll never be happy.

If nvidia is smart they keep producing those 3000 series cards but rebrand them and cut RT from it. basically make a modern 1600 series and focus on samsung with that.

I could see a ton more gpu's hit the market then and people upgrading from there 1060 solutions.

Nothing bad having a 3060 or 3070 at 150-300 bucks. then get the 40 series out for enthausiasts that are still stuck at 10 series.

Anyway the 20 series was bad for the simple reality it gave no performance boost over 10 series. DLSS was dog shit for the longest time and RT was non existent in gaming + also performed like shit. The cards where basically useless.

RDNA 3 and 4000 series are not comparable towards 2000 series, because they are a hell lot more faster. Its most likely if nvidia plays there ball right 4000 series could be the card that people replace there 1000/2000 series with. If the launch is also a paper launch + scalp fest its probably going to be 5000 series.

Will have to see tho. RDNA3 is going to be interesting.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I bought the 3080 for normal price. I just got in early on the queue.
tenor.gif

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Will we be needing a 2000W power supply soon? /s

I find it suspect that these GPUs that aren't even a year old year are already on the way out.

This has definitely been the generation to avoid, even though we've barely had the choice.

I wanna see what AMDs got.
There is rarely ever any point in buying the most powerful GPU on the market. A tiny, tiny fraction will use even a portion of its power. Typically you are good just doing incremental upgrades every 4-5 years with little to no issue, unless you hate money and want to wave around your epeen that you have a top of the line PC, which no one really cares about.

Top Bottom