• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 40 series finalised using 5nm (4090 will be 2x 3090)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-...ies-design-allegedly-finalized-using-tsmc-5nm

According to the leaker, Ada Lovelace is definitely the next gaming series from NVIDIA. In fact, the entire project has been finalized and it should not change, claims the leaker. This means that the specifications that were floating around the web for the past few months may very well be final, however, there are no details on architecture tape-out yet.

Greymon-Ada-final-1-1200x255.png

Furthermore, the leaker is confident that the architecture will be build using TSMC 5nm process technology, but he is not sure if that’s N5 or N5P. Previous rumors only pointed towards 5nm but it wasn’t sure if NVIDIA will be using Samsung or TSMC for their 5nm product.

The most prominent NVIDIA leaker “kopite7kimi”, who correctly predicted the specs of the entire Ampere architecture lineup months in advance, is no longer sure that NVIDIA will indeed use Ada Lovelace for GeForce RTX 40 series, as indicated by the tweets he made back in May. NVIDIA’s strategy may depend on the performance of the competing chips, mainly AMD RDNA3 which are to be the first MCM gaming designs.

Kopite says that there is a possibility NVIDIA will launch gaming Hooper GPU such as GH202 instead of AD102.

Kopite-Ada-1200x347.png

Last edited:

Nvzman

Really hope these cards are still PCIE 3.0 compatable, i literally just built a computer with a 3.0 motherboard...

Outlier

Will we be needing a 2000W power supply soon? /s

I find it suspect that these GPUs that aren't even a year old year are already on the way out.

This has definitely been the generation to avoid, even though we've barely had the choice.

I wanna see what AMDs got.

Retinoid

2x in FLOPS maybe but not real world gaming performance - unless they are talking about RT performance which I guess is possible, but definitely not traditional rasterization.

Excess

Good point about the current offerings and how well they're doing. Nvidia doesn't seem to rush a new line unless the current one if underperforming. That happened with the 20 series.

Braag

We might see them late 2022.
Hopefully the shortage wont be as bad as 30* series. I say as bad cause there will definitely be a shortage but I don't know how bad it will be.

Kenpachii

Really hope these cards are still PCIE 3.0 compatable, i literally just built a computer with a 3.0 motherboard...

They will

4090 will be no more 50 percent faster than the 3090.

Pretty sure that's how they prefer to do it.

from 7 to 5nm on tsmc from there whatever shit they are on now could very well mean 2x increase. I could easily see this.

Last edited:

Pagusas

Elden Member
They will 100% be. It’s needed for comparability and 99% of the market is still on 3.0. There is no physically changes to the interface for 5.0, so 3.0 has to stay in for full legacy and comparability support

Kuranghi

I used to always go X/XX70 series but since I love 4K I really should go XX80 series from now on. I still wish I'd bought a 1080 ti back when I got my 1080, I didnt realise how much of a jump up it was for (at the time) £150 more than what I paid for the 1080, ie ~25% more.

Myths

This time around it may very well be worth the money sink if performance (twice a 3090) and reliability is there.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
We're getting pretty close to the physical limit of how small these nodes can get right? Electrons will start jumping to the wrong places etc. What are they gonna do then? Just make larger GPUs? I guess faster is also an option, but then you get heat concerns instead.

Last edited:

GreatnessRD

We might see them late 2022.
Hopefully the shortage wont be as bad as 30* series. I say as bad cause there will definitely be a shortage but I don't know how bad it will be.
Hopefully, we'll be on our way out of the shortage by that time. I know Intel's CEO said it might last until '23, but I'm hoping the world will be able to ramp up and keep the pace for the most part by the end of '22. The next GPU series with Navi 33 and Lovelace should be a fun one. Too bad I got this 6800 XT and gonna sit it out anyway, lol.

Top Bottom