• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 3090 is HUGE!

Pagusas

Elden Member
i'd be really concerned about heat tbh especially in an itx case. if you have the $ for a 3090 can you upgrade the case? or do you need that form factor

My case is custom modified, the airflow in it is incredible. Its a Lian Li 05s with a AIO water loop at the top, and modfied buttom plate with 3 80mm fans feeding the GPU fresh airflow, and a modified backplate with a 180mm fan on the back pulling extra air in to cool the M2 and provide fresh air for the AIO 120mm fans to pull from. I spend a lot of time on it, my MSI 1080ti, voltage at max the software will allow, only ever hits 75 under hours of full load. I love the case (after I machine shopped it to be better with airflor)

TheContact

My case is custom modified, the airflow in it is incredible. Its a Lian Li 05s with a AIO water loop at the top, and modfied buttom plate with 3 80mm fans feeding the GPU fresh airflow, and a modified backplate with a 180mm fan on the back pulling extra air in to cool the M2 and provide fresh air for the AIO 120mm fans to pull from. I spend a lot of time on it, my MSI 1080ti, voltage at max the software will allow, only ever hits 75 under hours of full load. I love the case (after I machine shopped it to be better with airflor)

definitely sounds like you got the cooling figured out so the 100w extra TDP shouldn't be a big deal. i'm curious to see if non reference cards are able to reduce the length as well

pullcounter

The youtube video on the previous page with the massive computer case is the Caselabs TX10. Caselabs was a company in California that built highly modular computer cases for people looking to run high end hardware coupled with watercooling. I owned a Caselabs M8 for about 7 years until I sold it.

Caselabs is no longer in business.

Top Bottom