• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 30 Super refresh all but confirmed.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Looks like the rumored Refresh is real.
Known leaker even has rumored specs

The RTX 30 SUPER will be a stop-gap between Ampere and Lovelace, for this reason, NVIDIA does not want to compete with its own products, but rather give its existing SKUs a bit more power and hopefully also more choice to customers (who may or may not be able to find them the shelves one day).

The RTX 30 SUPER SKUs are not making the current lineup any less confusing than it already was. Should the specs be confirmed, the SKU spam will definitely cause a headache to many enthusiasts, especially those looking at the XX60 series.

zdxyIgT.png

aOgPzsi.png

Whats slightly more Interesting is that Nvidia plan to have two product launches in the same year.

Ampere Refresh and Lovelace.

Ill eat my crow with a side of salad please.
I called Nvidia wouldnt do a Super refresh so close to Lovelace.

Ellery

I don't think it is wise to look at those (still rumored) products from a costumer perspective, but rather from a business/Nvidia's perspective.

This is probably to phase out current Founders Edition models which are still highly sought after by miners, but are sold at the same MSRP price that they were introduced at. What Nvidia is doing here is probably to make those SUPER cards LHR (Lite Hash Rate. Worse for mining) and release them at a higher price (to a bigger degree than the performance increase % is) so that they can make more money from their own products before scalpers and miners do.

I could even see them completely dropping the 3060 and 3060 Ti in favor of the 3060 SUPER. Though I don't think those specs are 100% real, but they could be even though lots of it doesn't seem to make sense.

Kenpachii

Looks like the rumored Refresh is real.
Known leaker even has rumored specs

The RTX 30 SUPER will be a stop-gap between Ampere and Lovelace, for this reason, NVIDIA does not want to compete with its own products, but rather give its existing SKUs a bit more power and hopefully also more choice to customers (who may or may not be able to find them the shelves one day).

The RTX 30 SUPER SKUs are not making the current lineup any less confusing than it already was. Should the specs be confirmed, the SKU spam will definitely cause a headache to many enthusiasts, especially those looking at the XX60 series.

zdxyIgT.png

aOgPzsi.png

Whats slightly more Interesting is that Nvidia plan to have two product launches in the same year.

Ampere Refresh and Lovelace.

Ill eat my crow with a side of salad please.
I called Nvidia wouldnt do a Super refresh so close to Lovelace.

not even 16gb of memory on that 3080 hahaha. they really milking.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

3070super with only 8 gb of ram must be a joke right?!
Its Nvidia being dogs.
Same chip as the RTX 3070 same memory as the RTX3070ti.
They can basically give AIBs the option to flash BIOS to either 70 or 70 Super with basically no work.
Just up to which memory you have installed onto the board.

GreatnessRD

I really dont understand this when nobody can even get a 3080...like get your production supply figured out first come on..
This will replace the OG products. I find it very hard to believe they'll compete with their own product. Kinda like the OG Turing cards. You didn't see too many non super 2060 or 2070's in the wild once the Supers came out until AMD had the 5600 XT, then the 2060 KO made a debut. Or vice versa, can't remember completely.

Sounds like just an excuse to push up ASP and EOL the old models that had that inconveniently low MSRP. And I guess AMD doesn't have anything real coming before end of next year either. We'll just have to hope Intel has something that would push the prices down somewhat at least.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't think anyone cares at this point. It (pc gaming) is just more repulsing month by month.
That said I've scored 3080fe on launch lololololo

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
What's the point? You can barely buy the 3xxx series cards and on the off chance you can you pay through the bollocks for them.

nVidia can fuck off out of it. Mining is their market now.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
What's the point? You can barely buy the 3xxx series cards and on the off chance you can you pay through the bollocks for them.

nVidia can fuck off out of it. Mining is their market now.
Honestly, it is literally there to steal thunder from Intel in Q1 2022.

There is no way NVIDIA will allow Intel to have the full focus of the media cycle in Q1 2022 with the ARC GPUs. They don't care about how many are in the market or if customers can actually get them. it is just to be disruptive to Intels plans.

Black_Stride

Isn't the difference between 3080 and 3080ti only around 5%? is super suppose to be better than ti or worse.

xx90 Super
xx80 Super
xx70 Super

Are all worse than their Ti variants.

They are basically replacements for the standard 70, 80 and 90.

The RTX 3060 Super is a big fuck you to all 3060, 60Ti and 70 owners though.
Because, its maybe ~10fps(max) slower than the 3070 but has a lot more VRAM....likely running alittle bit slower at like 360GB/s vs the RTX 3060Ti and RTX 3070 which run at 448GB/s.
The RTX 3070Ti runs at 608GB/s
But all these cards basically cannibalize each other....so might as well get the cheapest one you can find.

Not confusing at all right?

smbu2000

So this is an excuse for Nvidia to raise the prices on their cards without really adding much extra to the cards.
At least with the 2000 series Super refresh, they almost gave you the next card up the line. The 2070 Super was almost the same performance-wise as the previous 2080. The 2060 Super was very close to the previous 2070.
These "Super" cards look to be barely above the standard version of the card.

xx90 Super
xx80 Super
xx70 Super

Are all worse than their Ti variants.

They are basically replacements for the standard 70, 80 and 90.

The RTX 3060 Super is a big fuck you to all 3060, 60Ti and 70 owners though.
Because, its maybe ~10fps(max) slower than the 3070 but has a lot more VRAM....likely running alittle bit slower at like 360GB/s vs the RTX 3060Ti and RTX 3070 which run at 448GB/s.
The RTX 3070Ti runs at 608GB/s
But all these cards basically cannibalize each other....so might as well get the cheapest one you can find.

Not confusing at all right?
Easy pass for me since i already grab a 3080 at $1200 aleady at mc and sold my old 3070 for 1000

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don’t see the point of the 3080 super when the Ti exists. I would try to get my hands on a 3090 Super if they do release though. I think the xx70 cards need a bump up to 10gb vram though.

I find it funny that the 3060 is in least need of an upgrade. 12gb vram makes it better than the 3070 long term ; when that card starts to choke and you can't use high res textures anymore lol. 3080 with 10gb I would obviously prefer though. Even though it's still funny it's 2gb less.

Happy with my 3060.

Wait the 3070 super is STILL 8GB? Man that is so dumb.

Last edited:

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Has anyone got 1 of these fuckers for RRP or near ? Im after a 3060 ti (probably chin it off as it will be a old shiter by the time i can get 1) rrp hear is £369 but even proper retailers have these for £500 upwards, they can fuck off with that.

Gonna stop trying for a 3080 and just got for the Super at this point. I think I'm going to start ordering parts for a new build around black friday and wait till I get a 3080 super or 40xx to put it all together. Been trying for a 3080 for pretty much a year now and so tired of looking

Xellos

Pretty big differences between 3060/ti/Super, if these rumors are correct. The rest look similar to the regular/ti models.

Black_Stride

I find it funny that the 3060 is in least need of an upgrade. 12gb vram makes it better than the 3070 long term ; when that card starts to choke and you can't use high res textures anymore lol. 3080 with 10gb I would obviously prefer though. Even though it's still funny it's 2gb less.

Happy with my 3060.

Wait the 3070 super is STILL 8GB? Man that is so dumb.

Do you mean most?
Cuz 3500 CUDA cores is a farce.
Its a 2060 Super with VRAM that will never get filled cuz itll choke well before that.
Its not better than the card its replacing?

pALdTM5.png

Top Bottom