• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Twin Peaks Season 3 (Spoilers)

Season 3 was

• Awful

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Pretty shit

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Not bad

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Great! (sips latte)

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

Nymphae

Banned
Well I've fallen back down the rabbit hole. Here's another set of theory videos, well produced and compelling. I saw this guy when searching some of Twin Perfects videos, this dude did commentary over top of the twin perfect explanation in like 7 parts lol. Not sure I have time for that level of meta analysis.

But I found these on his channel, and they're much shorter and offer up some different interesting theories.

Most of the episodes felt like filler. Extremely slow moving, self-indulgent, utterly pretentious nonsense. Seeing a bunch of the old cast was great but most of them were ancient and had no business playing the same exact roles. The two lead FBI agents are in worse shape than Joe Biden lol. The woman who played Diane was an insufferable bitch. I couldn't stand a minute of her on screen, but YAS QUEEN SLAY. Mentally handicapped Cooper was downright insulting. The ending? Lol 25 years for this shit.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I kinda enjoyed it but it was extremely self indulgent like Soleil rouge Soleil rouge says. I understand that Lynch original message was "tv violence is bad, it travels through tv and radio" but it's just bullshit. Everyone just wanted to see more Cooper and we got like 3 episodes.
The other world bullshit is also visually pleasing but Lynch's message is so cryptic, crazy and aimed at NO ONE, it's very tiresome. I agree Diane was bad but it's also explained why.

This is the best analysis I've watched and I actually believe it. And the fact that this is what lynch COULD HAVE in mind makes this absolutely stupid, obnoxious and pretensions. I don't think the secret meaning is genius at all. There are some great scenes, characters and metaphors but it's all created to push his weird theory. And I've catched almost NONE of that when I watched it myself.

Top Bottom