• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP Guacamelee on Día de Muertos - We Shall Play Guac for All Souls Day

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Today in honor of Día de Muertos or if you're an English speaking Catholic All Souls Day we shall return to the great downloadable title Guacamelee!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hfky7.jpg

Currently playable on basically all consoles + PC + Vita as well as a recent free game on the Xbone with gold most everyone should have access to this title in some form or fashion!

The game setup being the main character ia killed trying to help save his people as they are all attacked on Día de Muertos when the town was suppose to have a big festival! Then he ends up in the land of the dead and turns into a luchador to save the president's daughter and free himself and his people from evil!

This is all wrapped up with cool Mexican style, great metroid homage, and a legit soundtrack!

lt519

I realllly need to download the Super Turbo Championship Edition. Javier Jaguar need an ass kicking after what he did to my ego and emotions on Hard in vanilla.

Ishida

Banned
Mexican here. This game was just FANTASTIC.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of jealous that it was a Canadian team making this game instead of a Mexican one. The team did an amazing job portraying mexican folklore, and the game itself is excellent.

Would play a sequel. :p

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I realllly need to download the Super Turbo Championship Edition. Javier Jaguar need an ass kicking after what he did to my ego and emotions on Hard in vanilla.

Super Turbo is legit if you can find it on sale since you already played it once.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Some people prefer the vanilla version to the new one. From what I hear, the new content is kinda divisive.

Still curious to check it out, though.

I like the new areas on the new one, but the new enemies are pretty bad. Teleporting enemies that break your combo and attacks that hit you during your dodge are not good choices for this kind of game.

I like vanilla better just because of these enemies.

That being said, what an amazing game, possibly my favorite indie game so far.

FLD

Good timing, I just grabbed the Super Turbo Championship Edition on Steam last night!

I love this game so goddamned much. I played the hell out of it when it finally came out on PC and got all the achievements, then I grabbed it again when the Vita version had a sale and platinum'd it.

I re-bought it because I want to check out the new content but I'm actually really looking forward to 100%-ing it again.

Top Bottom