• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RT logo has been removed 'The Medium' (Up: Bloober confirm RT 100%, logo removal a 'mistake')

FunkMiller

It’s likely they are eliminating the logo. Because it’s stupid, no different to logo-ising any other feature 16x AF or Bump Mapping.

Also possible there won’t be that many games with it and it works against them on balance.

Yeah. That sounds sensible. Slapping logos all over the place never turns out all that well. It’s a marketing gimmick that’s come back to haunt a lot of companies. Given how in flux everything still is with these systems, it makes sense to keep things cleaner.

Has Alex Battaglia confirmed raytracing in the last demo we saw of the game at the MS show?

I hope they are not putting in RT now, to save face and tank framerate with it. I find the PC requirements for the game was pretty steep for the game as it is and Bloober is not known to be the best at game optimizations, especially for the type of games and visuals they push...
Not sure if it did, but not having RT in the prior demo =/= they're just slapping it in now, they've said all along it was going to have RT. You're grasping at straws.

Handy Fake

You mean website error, likely by a junior developer.
Someone updating the website left out one png and we got 7 pages out of it because obviously MS are full shit.

We got brilliant posts like:

This is what you get for telling everyone you've got a massive donkey dick, and then unzipping to show everyone that half of it is your mum's favourite German sausage, that you just grabbed from the fridge.

The tribalism is so deep people are losing their frikken minds they dont even take a split second to think critically.
To be fair, it was just another (albeit incorrect) flag that MS might be having problems somewhere. You can't blame folk for it being a talking point.

not how i see it.
in both case it's a fact people fallaciously turn into something it is not to confirm it because of brand bias.
once again, the xbox live thingy has been rumored by journalists and microsoft "insiders" as a possible thing to happen.
xbox being a powerless rdna1 box and microsoft lying about specs, not so much.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Wow. You’re a cock, aren’t you? Off you go into the magical fairyland of Ignore.

Someones triggered.

People in glass houses and all that

To be fair, it was just another (albeit incorrect) flag that MS might be having problems somewhere. You can't blame folk for it being a talking point.

But Bloober team isnt part of MS?
So every console exclusive whether MS is directly involved or not is something that could point to MS having problems?
What problems exactly are we talking about....beyond the Halo Infinite graphics not being AAAA quality i seem to be missing alot of information about these problems that MS is having.
I read someone comment that Phil Spencer should be fired.....and I was like did I miss something somewhere, didnt hey just sign a deal with Samsung for Gamepass directly on their TVs, isnt Xbox Division still in the billions of dollars in terms of revenue, arent they launching "the most powerful console" soon, arent pretty much all their games best sellers on release?
Im clearly missed something somewhere about why MS is in trouble their trajectory seems to be on the up and up which really surprises me when people are seeing doom and gloom.

I really would like someone to point out how they come to the MS is in trouble conclusion so I can join the bandwagon of being concerned.

Schmick

Someones triggered.

People in glass houses and all that

But Bloober team isnt part of MS?
So every console exclusive whether MS is directly involved or not is something that could point to MS having problems?
What problems exactly are we talking about....beyond the Halo Infinite graphics not being AAAA quality i seem to be missing alot of information about these problems that MS is having.
I read someone comment that Phil Spencer should be fired.....and I was like did I miss something somewhere, didnt hey just sign a deal with Samsung for Gamepass directly on their TVs, isnt Xbox Division still in the billions of dollars in terms of revenue, arent they launching "the most powerful console" soon, arent pretty much all their games best sellers on release?
Im clearly missed something somewhere about why MS is in trouble their trajectory seems to be on the up and up which really surprises me when people are seeing doom and gloom.

I really would like someone to point out how they come to the MS is in trouble conclusion so I can join the bandwagon of being concerned.
Well said my friend. What Phil has does with the Xbox brand is nothing short of exemplary (plus or minus some hic-ups).

But at the same time so has Mr Cerny and Sony.

I suppose that makes me unique here at NeoGaf i appreciate both.

nemiroff

Gold Member
x1tpUeI.png

onQ123

The specs are pretty straight forward of both , from technical make up Series X has the edge .

It really doesn't the advantages are pretty much split & the end results will depend on how the games are made. There is advantages to having more CUs & there is also advantages to having higher clock rates. Anyone saying that Series X has a clear edge without seeing any benchmarks is just going off faith.

It really doesn't the advantages are pretty much split & the end results will depend on how the games are made. There is advantages to having more CUs & there is also advantages to having higher clock rates. Anyone saying that Series X has a clear edge without seeing any benchmarks is just going off faith.
some comments clearly defy logic , don't they?

Mister Wolf

Has Alex Battaglia confirmed raytracing in the last demo we saw of the game at the MS show?

I hope they are not putting in RT now, to save face and tank framerate with it. I find the PC requirements for the game was pretty steep for the game as it is and Bloober is not known to be the best at game optimizations, especially for the type of games and visuals they push...

I'm going to assume its doing reflections:
TheMedium_bastille_EnergySpot.jpg

sinnergy

It’s not. It more about budget and time in game development. Which influences the end result .

Xbox Series X is the underdog here. So obviously they get scrutinized. There is basically nothing to say about PS5 because it is same old same old.
And the prelaunch goes smoothly (except the Cerny event and the initial god fall reveal, but this is not current news)... MS will have plenty of chances to turn their ship around.

The whole underdog thing is a bit strange, people are supposed to root for them...

NahaNago

Jumping the gun aren't you?

We just had 2 shows from Microsoft and both had barely any gameplay for games that are coming out on a console in less than 4 months and the one game that had a ton of gameplay won't get its ray tracing implementation until after the game launches. That doesn't fill me with confidence that Microsoft is prepared for next gen. They at least had a wide variety of games shown, just with no gameplay.

This is now a screenshot thread.
apps.53372.13592824581067623.3182b40c-0c83-41d9-8e89-8e3803ecbe52.0527b736-0cfc-4a44-bf7f-d3c5c17aa41b

apps.19884.13592824581067623.3182b40c-0c83-41d9-8e89-8e3803ecbe52.7efd7959-fd30-44f5-8701-22a5505e21ee

apps.53565.13592824581067623.3182b40c-0c83-41d9-8e89-8e3803ecbe52.338ddaef-630e-4513-a239-e449a66b26a5

apps.20598.13592824581067623.3182b40c-0c83-41d9-8e89-8e3803ecbe52.f5cf2812-95dc-4f5c-825d-014dd990ec83

apps.11583.13592824581067623.3182b40c-0c83-41d9-8e89-8e3803ecbe52.1bba4080-8a7c-4973-a772-8b415eff514a

apps.12748.13592824581067623.3182b40c-0c83-41d9-8e89-8e3803ecbe52.66cab691-14b4-4094-b5b7-54eedc8d6814

apps.12281.13592824581067623.3182b40c-0c83-41d9-8e89-8e3803ecbe52.961bb54a-3ed6-422d-8229-efd1d54e4589

apps.39538.13592824581067623.3182b40c-0c83-41d9-8e89-8e3803ecbe52.ebd313a6-f7b1-4147-bb5f-21b544bf1744

looks good really good in certain parts but doesnt really look next gen at least in those screen shots there are things that can be improved easily I am not an artist but the tiles in the pool definitely need to look more bumpy maybe a bit more depth adjustment in the normal map is enough or an extra texture for parallax mapping will do wonders specially if later in the game you are in a bathroom with similar tiles

the branches in the scene with the cross look like billboards is not bad but they only have a pair of branches and repeat them too much and positioned to simple to the point they are in the same camera angle maybe a bit more of variety of branches and better positioned and that should do the trick the camera angle is good and maybe is blur of the DOF but the textures in the floor with that angle look like need better AF

the wooden planks in the last image are not dark enough under them basically the light like we have seen this gen or like the halo demo maybe a bit of penumbra which is a must for a game like this it doesnt have to be anything fancy like GI or even volumes/stencil shadows(like doom 3), adding some blob shadows here and there to darken the area should do the trick since the game doesnt seem to require to be much dynamic

Last edited:
I've never seen screen space reflections perfectly mirror the image it was reflecting.

arkham knight have pretty good reflections still have a bit lower resolution than the real but is not bad also U4 has good mirrors even in the old days there were perfect mirrors they were perfect because they literary rendered everything again the other side :messenger_beaming:

that said I dont see the perfect mirror in those images not necesarily means the game uses RT to achieve them

Last edited:

MrS

Banned
This is what happens when you put daft stickers/logos on everything and then remove them without explanation. Hope MS learn a valuable lesson from this mishap of their own making.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Where did everyone go? was there something wrong with the food?

sbCE95h.png
No time to eat crow gotta go find the next potential bad series x news and post a new thread. You need to catch up with the times. Maybe reading a few of Phil's college essays to find something new to call him a liar about.

GHG

Gold Member
So the only "confirmation" we have that it's back in is from "xboxera" (which is basically the resetera xbox fanbase's own website) claiming they have been reached out to by Bloober Team but there are no quotes or further evidence in the article itself and the website still hasn't changed?

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
They have actually detached themselves from ResetEra.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
They have actually detached themselves from ResetEra

All the guys there came from resetera though?

Anyway, I don't mind being wrong, I'd just like a more reputable source.

I like my crow slow roasted.

Top Bottom