• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Round 2: MonkeyBoogaloo - WHO declares highest alert over Monkeypox outbreak

chromhound

Eyeroll GIF by MOODMAN

HoodWinked

Funny thing is that they mandated the covid vaccine or lose their jobs and it made little difference even after 90% vaccination rate. And yet if they mandated gay and bisexual men to get vaccinated this would end tomorrow.

All of a sudden those that were pushing the covid vaccine down people's throats now with an actual vaccine are pumping the brakes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Funny thing is that they mandated the covid vaccine or lose their jobs and it made little difference even after 90% vaccination rate. And yet if they mandated gay and bisexual men to get vaccinated this would end tomorrow.

All of a sudden those that were pushing the covid vaccine down people's throats now with an actual vaccine are pumping the brakes.
Monkeypox deaths worldwide - 5
Covid deaths worldwide - 6900000
'It's all political.'

HoodWinked

Monkeypox deaths worldwide - 5
Covid deaths worldwide - 6900000
'It's all political.'

ya you do make a fair point but the caveat is that one would effectively eradicate it while the other did little to mitigate it due to its short term efficacy.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
ya you do make a fair point but the caveat is that one would effectively eradicate it while the other did little to mitigate it due to its short term efficacy.

Findings. Based on official reported COVID-19 deaths, we estimated that vaccinations prevented 14·4 million (95% credible interval [Crl] 13·7–15·9) deaths from COVID-19 in 185 countries and territories between Dec 8, 2020, and Dec 8, 2021

And gay men ARE being urged to get vaccinated in Europe.. so not sure what you are even on about.

HoodWinked

Findings. Based on official reported COVID-19 deaths, we estimated that vaccinations prevented 14·4 million (95% credible interval [Crl] 13·7–15·9) deaths from COVID-19 in 185 countries and territories between Dec 8, 2020, and Dec 8, 2021

And gay men ARE being urged to get vaccinated in Europe.. so not sure what you are even on about.

You're being disingenuous. You're attributing total vaccination preventing death when I was speaking specifically about the mandates and previous posts leading up to were speaking about the US not Europe.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
You're being disingenuous. You're attributing total vaccination preventing death when I was speaking specifically about the mandates and previous posts leading up to were speaking about the US not Europe.

You literally said "it made little difference even after the 90% vaccination rate."

How in the world am I being disingenuous to point out getting everyone vaccinated saved millions of lives?

And MonkeyPox is tiny compared to COVID anyways.... there is ZERO reason to go as far as to mandate vaccines. For COVID? There was all kinds of reasons, like millions of people dying.

The US is doing a lot for MonkeyPox vaccines anyways:

Last edited:
Two things can be true at once, this disease is spread through intimate contact (which does not equal sex), and gay and bi men have a much higher tendency to be extremely promiscuous.

Facts aren't offensive, they're simply facts.

Tams

Gold Member
*Are.

Politics are....

Sorry just a pet peeve sir.
Ummm, no. If you're going to be a grammar Nazi, you have to get it right.

'Politics' is a single field of study/work. The concept/image is singular. You don't say 'gymnastics are', 'mathematics are', 'news are' or 'physics are'. So you don't say 'politics are' either.

Top Bottom