• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rose McGowan: Ben Affleck is Lying, he knew about Weinstein raping me and other women

Somnid

Oh Twitter. Conservative ban policy is only good as long as you're consistent (or look good doing it). You fucked up here and I hope it continues to cost you.

I'm guessing its because she said "Ben Affleck Fuck Off"

mattandben-480x320.jpg

I have no idea. But you know how it goes. Explicit cursing, even if its non offensive, is technically still viewed as offensive. I am just speculating.

You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

You can't make this shit up.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's obviously not the swearing.

But yeah, shit's weird, and absurdly unfair. Fuck off Twitter.

Edit: as usual DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS

Volimar

Yeah I don't think it's the swearing either. Maybe for the Lohan email? If Lohan complained...is there a two person consent thing when dealing with correspondence? Maybe? Yeah I don't know. Seems fucked up.

Very likely that it's an automatic ban from her tweet(s) being reported by thousands of dumbasses.

Wonder when stuff like this happened before ...hmmm...oh, wait...gamergate.

Scuffed

I just read that they shut down Rose's account? wtf?!!!

I'm not buying the violation crap. There are Isis and neonazi twitter accounts that stay up forever and nothing is done. Justice League is coming out and a lot of money at stake gotta shut up the person attacking Ben. I'm sorry but Weinstein was protected by a next level conspiracy of silence so to see her Twitter shut down over bad language is laughable.

Brinbe

Fuck off, twitter! You let Trump have a platform and other racists have a platform of nothing but nonsense/hatred and you choose this as a point of moderation? Fuck right off.

Scuffed

I hope she comes back with more fire than ever. This was done to "calm her down" so fuck that shit she needs to go hard right after this ban imo.

mjc

So they ban Rose for telling Affleck to fuck off..while the President is openly throwing out fascist remarks unchecked.

giphy.gif

If the twitter guys ever respond they'll probably say something about how 280 characters is a great achievement and then a personal anecdote about their sons and daughters.
Congrats on managing to distance your app from being associated with revolutionary movements straight into pandering white supremacy and corporate interests.

also, lol at how Affleck's apology was one line and no punctuation

Ernest

Banned
And now Kate Beckinsale too:

Kate Beckinsale is the latest actress to accuse Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment. On Thursday, the Underworld star claimed her career suffered after rejecting the movie mogul's sexual advances starting at the age of 17.

In a statement released to her Instagram, Beckinsale, 44, detailed her alleged experiences with the producer, saying he showed up to a meeting in a bathrobe and offered her alcohol when she was just a teenager.

”I was called to meet Harvey Weinstein at the Savoy Hotel when I was 17. I assumed it would be in a conference room which was very common. When I arrived, reception told me to go to his room . He opened the door in his bathrobe," she wrote. ”I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older ,unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left ,uneasy but unscathed."

Beckinsale claims that years later, Weinstein asked the actress if anything had happened between the two of them during their first meeting.

”I realized he couldn't remember if he had assaulted me or not," she wrote.

Over the years, Beckinsale said she rejected his sexual advances numerous times — which she alleges often led to angry outbursts.

I said no to him professionally many times over the years-some of which ended up with him screaming at me calling me a c— and making threats, some of which made him laughingly tell people oh ‘Kate lives to say no to me,' " she recalled.

Beckinsale said her alleged experiences with Weinstein ”undoubtedly harmed" her career.

”It speaks to the status quo in this business that I was aware that standing up for myself and saying no to things," she wrote. ”While it did allow me to feel uncompromised in myself, undoubtedly harmed my career and was never something I felt supported by anyone other than my family."

The actress praised the women who have spoken out about Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct. She said in speaking out, she hopes to inspire more women to come forward.

”For every moment like this there have been thousands where a vulnerable person has confided outrageous unprofessional behavior and found they have no recourse, due to an atmosphere of fear that it seems almost everyone has been living in," she said.

”I had a male friend who, based on my experience,warned a young actress who said she was going to dinner with Harvey to be careful. He received a phone call the next day saying he would never work in another Miramax film."

She concluded: ”Let's stop allowing our young women to be sexual cannon fodder,and let's remember that Harvey is an emblem of a system that is sick,and that we have work to do."

Beckinsale joins a chorus of women who have detailed similar accounts with the movie executive, including Ashley Judd, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow and Cara Delevingne.
I like that Beckinsale called out the sickness in the system, but we still don't really have people outing other executives who have done similar things; in fact the only other casualty so far is Ben Affleck, mainly because he responded and Rose called him out.

Top Bottom