• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rooster Teeth Shut Down By Warner Bros. Discovery, The Roost Podcast Network To Continue

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

A pioneer in digital content creation is going away. Rooster Teeth, a subsidiary of Warner Bros. Discovery Global Streaming & Interactive Entertainment, announced this morning that it is ceasing operations after 21 years. The process starts today and is expected to take several months.

The news was announced at an all-hands company meeting and shared in an internal memo by Rooster Teeth general manager Jordan Levin.

“It’s with a heavy heart I announce that Rooster Teeth is shutting down due to challenges facing digital media resulting from fundamental shifts in consumer behavior and monetization across platforms, advertising, and patronage,” Levin said in the email (You can read it in full below).

Last edited:
Revenge Of The Sith Evil Laugh GIF by Star Wars

killatopak

Heard some bad stuff about them many years ago regarding how they manage their content and how it was badly received by their fans. I think the writing was on the wall long before this announcement.

LordCBH

And nothing of value was lost. They aren’t the same as they were 15 years ago. They turned into a soulless husk, churning out awful product after awful product. And employed a lot of psychos too. Good riddance. Least I have the memories of when they were fun.

Paltheos

And nothing of value was lost. They aren’t the same as they were 15 years ago. They turned into a soulless husk, churning out awful product after awful product. And employed a lot of psychos too. Good riddance. Least I have the memories of when they were fun.

Yeah, this is what I've heard too. Something along the lines of bad, new staff and poorly managed and poor overall output. I've never been a huge follower of RT, but from the last time I'd seen their name pop up I was kinda expecting the end eventually.

eerik9000

Oh noes, where will I get my fake news from now? Remember when they reported that Kojima's Silent Hills was 80% complete and Microsoft bought it for billions of dollars?

tkscz

Oh the writing has been on the wall for YEARS at Rooster Teeth. So many of their founders were leaving left and right with as much money as they could. Still remember when Burnie bounced because he knew what was going on under Warner.

But let's be honest, even Red vs Blue and RWBY, their bread and butter, had been falling in quality and haven't been as good as they used to be. With the main creator of RWBY passing and the founders no longer writing for RvB, they just lost all since of enjoyment.

ElRenoRaven

Oh wow. Hadn't watched anything in a long time but still have fond memories of RVB. I never knew that they sold themselves and were owned by WB/Discovery.

Saiyan-Rox

RvB died with Season 5.

RT died as soon as they went full retard with slacktivism. Good riddance.
Soon as they sold to other companies it went downhill so fast imo

Red Vs Blue ( early sessions) will always have a place in my heart though.

Ever since I was introduced to it on the Halo 3 bonus disc I was hooked and then tuned in to other stuff. Achievement hunter (then lets play), podcast etc but man everything became so.....stale and boring.

I used to love Funhaus when the OG gang were allowed to do their wacky shit without filters. Even when Elyse joined, I still felt like she fit right in and helped the gang reach new heights. That being said, once they went woke, FH quickly dipped in quality (as their viewcounts now reflect) and nowadays they’re nothing more than a shell of what they used to be, even when they get some old guests back.

elmos-acc

Big fan of the OG Achievement Hunter (2012-2015) content. I just hope that the videos get archived and WBD doesn't just wipe them off the face of the earth.

Top Bottom