• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy 2 Releasing April 28th on PC / Xbox One & Series

I liked the first. If this goes to GamePass, I'll play it right away. Otherwise, I'll wait for a PS5 or Switch version.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been enjoying the Early Access off and on for a long while now. The game is pretty much better than the first in every way now.

VN1X

Banned
Even though I'm a huge roguelike fan I never played the first game. There was just something about the visuals that irked me I guess.

This however looks much, much better. Looking forward to trying this out soon.

-MD-

Awesome, I put a couple hours into the early access but was waiting for full release.

Lognor

Banned
Great! I really liked the first game, and had no idea the sequel was in early access.

I wonder if it's Game Pass day one.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Even though I'm a huge roguelike fan I never played the first game. There was just something about the visuals that irked me I guess.

This however looks much, much better. Looking forward to trying this out soon.

I feel the exact opposite lol. The original had a nice retro style, this has that Flash game look I really don't dig.

Last edited:

Infamy v1

What the fuck, why no PS5 or Switch? Did MS moneyhat this? That sucks, really liked the original.

It's an indie game from a very small team that's releasing a game they originally never had plans to release. They're also doing it during Covid times and are happening to focus on the console that's easiest to port to from PC.

Relax.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
What the fuck, why no PS5 or Switch? Did MS moneyhat this? That sucks, really liked the original.
You do realize that you can port uwp apps to Xbox very easily. Even more so when they are small non-resource intensive apps.
You don’t even need a extra dev kit. Just a membership and a Xbox.

It’s not a money hat… just a super easy port opportunity.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Has this cell shaded look always been the artstyle? I remember watching a video a while ago where it looked more like the first without cell shading
* Not actual gameplay footage

Go to the 40-second mark of the video to see actual gameplay, which should look very familiar if you've played the first Rogue Legacy.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
* Not actual gameplay footage

Go to the 40-second mark of the video to see actual gameplay, which should look very familiar if you've played the first Rogue Legacy.
Sorry it looks like horrible in that high res style compared to the first which was more pixel art.

Reactions: Fuz

jshackles

Sorry it looks like horrible in that high res style compared to the first which was more pixel art.
The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Slept on this until now, absolutely fantastic after 6 hours. Scratches both my roguelite and platforming itches very well. Wasn't a huge fan of the first but this seems to have stepped literally everything I remembered about it up a notch.

Was feeling a bit meh about games in general and this and the Cuphead DLC have re-awoken me after a break.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Have really enjoyed following this over the last two years!

It takes the first game and improves on every area that it originally nailed and adds more features and gameplay to the mix.

This a rare sequel that is so good you can skip the first game and be very happy with your purchase.

The flip is also true…if you want to play the first game, play it…first! The QoL improvements in RL 2 make going back the first game a little rough around the edges. It’s fine if you already have fond memories of number 1, but folks brand new to the series may find it hard to stick through RL1 if you are playing the games out of order.

Enjoy!!

**edit**
This game was made in Unity 3D. Full expect ps and switch version at a later date. M$ may have paid for a bit of it or maybe the developers are having other devs handle the releases on other platforms.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
And I'm out! 15 hours, level 92 I think. I'm not one to replay games immediately (even ones clearly designed around it) but this was an absolute treat.

k7T221K.png

And I'm out! 15 hours, level 92 I think. I'm not one to replay games immediately (even ones clearly designed around it) but this was an absolute treat.

k7T221K.png
Did you get all achievements? I played and enjoyed this on Series X, but I'll replay when it comes to PS5 assuming the trophy list is reasonable. I never platinumed the first game, as some of the trophies were too frustrating for me.

AV

Did you get all achievements? I played and enjoyed this on Series X, but I'll replay when it comes to PS5 assuming the trophy list is reasonable. I never platinumed the first game, as some of the trophies were too frustrating for me.

God no, would take much much longer, not to mention there's a trophy for beating the game dying 15 times or less which is a hard no from me.

AV

Sounds like the first. That's a shame. I don't think I'd attempt it either.

I mean, you could save abuse it I guess, but that kinda defeats the purpose of a skill-based trophy - although it's the only horrible one I can see, the rest are mostly just playing the game a few times.

I mean, you could save abuse it I guess, but that kinda defeats the purpose of a skill-based trophy - although it's the only horrible one I can see, the rest are mostly just playing the game a few times.
Yeah, the fun of Rogue Legacy to me is building up your character until the game feels manageable.

cireza

Banned
Gave up on the game soon after launch. Farming was reaching stupid levels. They might have fixed it, but it's too late for me.

jaysius

Banned
I loved the first one, but this one really missed the point of the original, the Sun Tower needs really dumb platforming that the game isn't made for, and if you get the wrong RNG roll you'll have a character that's completely worthless for it.

Top Bottom