• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roger Craig Smith is no longer the voice actor for Sonic the Hedgehog.

Kholinar

Banned

3xgYpdm.png

Lines up pretty well with a new game leak a few days ago that hinted at a new voice cast change. I wonder if Ben Schwartz is taking up the mantle?

RoboFu

One of the green rats

3xgYpdm.png

Lines up pretty well with a new game leak a few days ago that hinted at a new voice cast change. I wonder if Ben Schwartz is taking up the mantle?

nah lots of people sound like Ben Schwartz. If they go they route they have a large pool of VA to pick from.

Saber

Gold Member
Finally, thank the gods.

The sound he makes for Sonic aways sounds forced and way annoying most of times. I'm glad hes out of Sonic voice business.

NewChoppa

Banned
Finally, thank the gods.

The sound he makes for Sonic aways sounds forced and way annoying most of times. I'm glad hes out of Sonic voice business.

He wasn’t horrible (he was actually pretty good in the Boom TV show), I feel like the shit writing of every Sonic game made in the last 10 years probably didn’t do him any favours though

Saber

Gold Member
He wasn’t horrible (he was actually pretty good in the Boom TV show), I feel like the shit writing of every Sonic game made in the last 10 years probably didn’t do him any favours though

Nah he was. His voice for Sonic was pretty forced. And its not like Boom did him any favors, since Boom show has mid type of writting(not good but not bad either). But I admit that the writting only make the situation worse, since it was pretty bad.

Question out of curiosity, since I haven't played those Sonic games:

Did Roger Craig Smith sound like a "Sonic," or did he sound.... I don't know, like Roger Craig Smith? I remember thinking, "man, Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Chris Redfield sound exactly the same." That's because.... they did!

Codes 208

Sonic movie had a good impact in the fanbase in general. If anything, this could be really a thing.
Including design if you ask me, something about the separate eyes, larger pupils, blue arms and lightning take on his speed makes him look and seem more modernized than the actual modern sonic.

plus charged sonic looks cooler than super sonic.

Last edited:

Miles708

Nah he was. His voice for Sonic was pretty forced. And its not like Boom did him any favors, since Boom show has mid type of writting(not good but not bad either). But I admit that the writting only make the situation worse, since it was pretty bad.
Are you taking about both seasons of Boom?

I'm asking because I've found the 2nd season vastly more enjoyable than the first, with much better writing and more clever/less obvious jokes, and the way they were delivered contributed to that. I don't know what's the general consensus on Sonic Boom season 2, though.

Neff

I love Roger Craig Smith but he sounded too recognisable as Sonic. I could never shake the fact that I was listening to spiky blue Chris Redfield.

LRKD

Zz4wk34.png

Here is the leak in question, the reddit post's image wasn't working for me. It was first posted on 4chan on Mon 18 Jan 2021. Right after the Puyo Puyo Sonic DLC was announced with Roger Craigs voice, and before the voice actors were announced to be replaced, before the writers were announced to have been replaced, and before the tv show was announced. Definitely seems to have some truth to it, I would've never believed it if all this stuff hadn't have lined up perfectly though.

cireza

Zz4wk34.png

Here is the leak in question, the reddit post's image wasn't working for me. It was first posted on 4chan on Mon 18 Jan 2021. Right after the Puyo Puyo Sonic DLC was announced with Roger Craigs voice, and before the voice actors were announced to be replaced, before the writers were announced to have been replaced, and before the tv show was announced. Definitely seems to have some truth to it, I would've never believed it if all this stuff hadn't have lined up perfectly though.
You never really know about these leaks. I remember we had a verified leak back then, for Sonic Unleashed, but otherwise, Sonic has always been about stupid leaks.

This one here, can't tell if it could happen. Focusing on Amy as a secondary character sounds a bit surprising, but you never know. Otherwise, the proposed gameplay features would be nice. I would have guessed that the avatar would have made a come back.

Last edited:
Top Bottom