• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady Studios (Developers of Batman Arkham Series) accused of inaction over staff harassment (Holy misogyny, Batman!)

Fbh

It gets worse. Female Rocksteady employee's are now coming out of anonymity to distance and contradict the report. This woman here is a self proclaimed feminist and still made a whole thread against it. Kim Macaskill is starting to look pretty damned right about now. Lady who tweeted said the women felt violated by their source, (Kim) because they didn't want it out and it was only pertaining to seemingly old issues from 2018.

When not even the "I put my pronouns on my Twitter profile" crowd is willing to jump on the hate wagon you know the accusations are even faker and/or more exaggerated than usual.

Fuz

Banned
Notice how all the white knights here are the same 4-5 idiots who are soy bombing TLOU2 threads
I don't know anything/don't care about TLOU2.

Anyway, I think that all of this will lead to a possible scenario where either the government force a "pink quota" (like we're supposed to have in Italy) or companies will start hiring less women to avoid drama, problems, lawsuits and possible money losses.

Elcid

Banned
When not even the "I put my pronouns on my Twitter profile" crowd is willing to jump on the hate wagon you know the accusations are even faker and/or more exaggerated than usual.
This gone be gud.

Last edited:

MacReady13

True story- A place I worked at had an onsite physio. He had to help an 18 year old with a complaint for a sore back. He got her to lie on the table and put some ointment on her back. Unfortunately he decided the right thing to do would be to ask her to unclip her bra so he didn't ruin it with the ointment. She obliged and all was good.
A few days later this young lady put up sexual harassment claims against this gentleman. He is a fairly prominent physio and has worked in the industry since the 80's. Never had a complaint about him and certainly not sexual harassment complaints. He was stood down until an investigation was done. Another lady stepped forward and said he also was leering at her as he, during an examination, was staring at her ass as he got her to see how far she could lean over to touch her toes! I don't know what he was supposed to look at when he was helping her from behind but that's life I suppose.
My point is, guy was doing his job, got suspended and eventually got his job back as both cases were deemed to be utter bullshit, but now has to get people to sign forms to say what he can and can't do. All because some fucking bitch decided to claim something that never happened like she said it did. He was devastated and was actually scared to examine anyone after it. Guy is happily married with 4 kids and just wouldn't ever do it. His reputation is tarnished because someone wanted to feel like they are making a difference, or some shit like that.

SOME people are just attention seeking cunts. Sounds like these women from Rocksteady are exactly like that- they want attention because they haven't been given the promotions they feel they've gotten, or the characters in the games don't look like normal women (I'd love to know the definition of what a normal women looks and dresses like). Sorry, but call me sexist/misogynist all you like, but this doesn't sound like harassment at all. I'm married and I look at women. Is that against the fucking law now? Maybe instead of complaining about every fucking thing, just focus on doing your work to the best of your ability. I'd quite happily take any of their positions and work at Rocksteady...

idrago01

Banned
True story- A place I worked at had an onsite physio. He had to help an 18 year old with a complaint for a sore back. He got her to lie on the table and put some ointment on her back. Unfortunately he decided the right thing to do would be to ask her to unclip her bra so he didn't ruin it with the ointment. She obliged and all was good.
A few days later this young lady put up sexual harassment claims against this gentleman. He is a fairly prominent physio and has worked in the industry since the 80's. Never had a complaint about him and certainly not sexual harassment complaints. He was stood down until an investigation was done. Another lady stepped forward and said he also was leering at her as he, during an examination, was staring at her ass as he got her to see how far she could lean over to touch her toes! I don't know what he was supposed to look at when he was helping her from behind but that's life I suppose.
My point is, guy was doing his job, got suspended and eventually got his job back as both cases were deemed to be utter bullshit, but now has to get people to sign forms to say what he can and can't do. All because some fucking bitch decided to claim something that never happened like she said it did. He was devastated and was actually scared to examine anyone after it. Guy is happily married with 4 kids and just wouldn't ever do it. His reputation is tarnished because someone wanted to feel like they are making a difference, or some shit like that.

SOME people are just attention seeking cunts. Sounds like these women from Rocksteady are exactly like that- they want attention because they haven't been given the promotions they feel they've gotten, or the characters in the games don't look like normal women (I'd love to know the definition of what a normal women looks and dresses like). Sorry, but call me sexist/misogynist all you like, but this doesn't sound like harassment at all. I'm married and I look at women. Is that against the fucking law now? Maybe instead of complaining about every fucking thing, just focus on doing your work to the best of your ability. I'd quite happily take any of their positions and work at Rocksteady...
he's literally hitler to the resetera/tlou2 crowd, and you should control that male gaze, misogynist

yurinka

It gets worse. Female Rocksteady employee's are now coming out of anonymity to distance and contradict the report. This woman here is a self proclaimed feminist and still made a whole thread against it. Kim Macaskill is starting to look pretty damned right about now. Lady who tweeted said the women felt violated by their source, (Kim) because they didn't want it out and it was only pertaining to seemingly old issues from 2018.

I see she also RT'd this other thread from another female former Rocksteady employee:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Harassing people obviously isn't cool (if true, I am tired of taking these allegations on their face). But these women need to realize Rocksteady is adapting comic books, and women in comics, even those designed by and illustrated by women, do in fact look and dress that way. Young women enjoy cosplaying as them. From that respect I think the women complaining simply chose the wrong job and should move on.

ruvikx

Banned
Harassing people obviously isn't cool (if true, I am tired of taking these allegations on their face). But these women need to realize Rocksteady is adapting comic books, and women in comics, even those designed by and illustrated by women, do in fact look and dress that way. Young women enjoy cosplaying as them. From that respect I think the women complaining simply chose the wrong job and should move on.

Any woman who dares pretend to speak for all woman & say "women don't dress like that" (with regards to comic characters) should be laughed at. And if need be fired from her job.

It's one of the main problems with the gender identity warriors, i.e. their insane, megalomaniac pretences at speaking "for all women" with their imbecilic, hate filled worldview derived from their own personal mental issues should never be taken seriously or published by any mainstream news outlet. Rinse repeat, same sh*t, different day. At least Rocksteady & some other female employees are now counter-attacking against this disgusting behavior. I hope they press charges against The Guardian as well for all the agenda driven hateful sh*tstirring.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This is a free woman, true to herself....

images
Can you explain to me with simple word, wtf I'm looking at ?

cf6eff5c02cb51b70865d201cf4f8c81.gif

Does she/he/that work in gaming ?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
What goes
black pink
black pink
black pink
black pink
black pink
black pink
black pink
black pink
Whi-te?

Batman cuming!

Shifty1897

The rules for an American man working with women are simple. Don't talk with them about anything other than work while at work. Don't ever touch them, except for in a handshake, and only when situational etiquette calls for one. Don't hang out with women co-workers after work.

The worst thing they can accuse you of at that point is being non-inclusive outside of work, which isn't a reprimandable offense anywhere, or a knock against your career. Cruise through life knowing you will never be #metoo'd.

Last edited:

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
This has to stop and it's probably more widespread than we think in the Industry. We cannot tolerate those things anymore in the workspace.

This has to stop and it's probably more widespread than we think in the Industry. We cannot tolerate those things anymore in the workspace.

What has to stop?

That which is alleged but simultaneously contested in a collective open counter-letter and likewise disputed by two former female employees?

Arkam

Stop hiring women.

That is the sad reality. First, yes sexual harassment totally happens (has happened to me as a man), so that is not really up for debate. HOWEVER far too many of these claims are overblown and handled in the messiest way possible. I can see people just avoiding the situation by not hiring women.

Top Bottom