• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar thanks GTA Online player who fixed poor load times, official update coming

Soodanim

Gold Member
Nice bit of good publicity for Rockstar. They know they made that back in the time it took to type the 0s, so it’s nothing to them but it’s still a great gesture. They might even see more of an uptick in users because of the diminished load times, because I know long load put me off games sometimes.

From the guy’s perspective, that’s not a bad ratio of work:reward, and it could do him favours if he even wanted to pursue a career in the industry.

Ar¢tos

took them years to fix a bug where birds in the game where able to call the police.

no, seriously. if you killed someone in the game in a place with absolutely no one around you, like in the desert, the police would still get a call and hunt you down. turned out animals where able to call the police.
I rage quit the game because the police were always on my ass and I couldn't understand why... (years ago)
Now I know why. Thanks.

Maybe I'll actually play it again sometime. It's still incredibly embarrassing that this fix came from a lone guy with a dissassembler. People have been complaining about this for years...how they ever thought that was acceptable is beyond me.

Last edited:

Interfectum

Maybe I'll actually play it again sometime. It's still incredibly embarrassing that this fix came from a lone guy with a dissassembler. People have been complaining about this for years...how they ever thought that was acceptable is beyond me.

Rockstar is so big I'd imagine there was a ton of finger pointing over who's issue the loading time issue was.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
They gave him 10k for anyone interested.

Update 2021-03-15​

• Got confirmation from R* that this is getting a fix soon
  • Just got awarded $10k trough their H1 in-game bounty as an exception :)) (usually only for security issues)
  • Trying to figure out what’s a W8 and how to fill it (lol)
  • I did try asking for more technical details but they couldn’t say anything
  • Will do another benchmark on my same old setup as soon as the update is out, I’m sure their engineers won’t dissapoint :)
Come on R* hire him !

DiviniDee

Banned
took them years to fix a bug where birds in the game where able to call the police.

no, seriously. if you killed someone in the game in a place with absolutely no one around you, like in the desert, the police would still get a call and hunt you down. turned out animals where able to call the police.
And reviewers still cream their pants over their games

JimRyanGOAT

What exactly is Rockstar even doing?

If GTA 6 is coming out in 2025, and load times are being fixed by the community

Rockstar is the new valve at this point

Jesus fucking christ this can't be real 😂😂😂😂😂😂

CAB_Life

That's great that they gave him an actual cash reward. I mean, they have billions, so it would make sense, but you never know with these companies.

Esppiral

So a multimillion company that earns gazillions of millions of dollars can't fix it, but one anonymous individual fixes the loading times? Wow that speaks louds about Rockstar, and not in a good way...

Birdo

Banned
Imagine if Nintendo did this.

"Thanks for remastering Mario 64 for us, we'll be patching it into the Mario 3D collection soon"

Top Bottom