• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games is hiring Game Testers (and Bully Trademark updated 3 times today)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
A new Rockstar Games job listing has ignited speculation of GTA 6 and Bully 2, despite the fact that the job listing makes no mention of either game

unknown.png

Like always, Rockstar Games is hiring. But this time, it seems to be beefing up with Game Testers, or at least that's what three separate job listings for the position across three different locations suggest.
The implication is that GTA 6, or whatever Rockstar Games' is working on, is in a stage of production that game testing is ramping up, which in turn may suggest said game is progressing through development and could be revealed soon.

Still, these listings could be for GTA 5 and GTA Online, which are getting ready to release on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S this year.
They could also be for Red Dead Online, which Rockstar continues to support. The point is, these listings could be related to Rockstar Games' next release -- whether that's GTA 6, Bully 2, or something else -- but they could also be for many other things.

Meanwhile, this could also be Rockstar Games filling newly vacated positions. Without further context, it's impossible to say this is for any single game.

Of course, Rockstar Games could squash all the speculation and scuttlebutt with an official comment, but we don't expect it to do this.
Rockstar Games and its parent company, Take-Two Interactive, never comment on speculation derived from job listings or speculation in general.

It's also worth nothing to note that the trademark for Bully has been updated 3 times just today (April 30)

unknown.png

Last edited:

ManaByte

Most publishers are always hiring QA. Massive turnover there as they are usually minimum wage contract workers (temps).

JayK47

I would like another Bully. Rockstar has really slowed down and it takes them so long to release new games.

Retinoid

The Bully trademark renewal could just be a red-herring though - they still sell Bully Scholarship Edition on Steam and they obviously aren't going to abandon the trademark when they are still selling products in the Bully IP.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Gnagnagna the trademark mean nothing and the fact they hiring is not exceptional blablabla

A MAN CAN DREAM OK !

Just Leave Me Alone Season 5 GIF by The Office

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Most publishers are always hiring QA. Massive turnover there as they are usually minimum wage contract workers (temps).

Rockstar has a dedicated qa studio where most of the people are hired on regular contracts, not temps.

They get a decent pay, overtime pay and bonuses.

For all the flak they get on media because crunch and whatnot, they actually treat their qa team decently.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
My heart still yearns for a Bully sequel, but with Dan gone, I'm not so sure I actually want it any more. The other writer of the original is off working on Halo Infinite too.

GeorgPrime

Banned
A new Rockstar Games job listing has ignited speculation of GTA 6 and Bully 2, despite the fact that the job listing makes no mention of either game

unknown.png

Like always, Rockstar Games is hiring. But this time, it seems to be beefing up with Game Testers, or at least that's what three separate job listings for the position across three different locations suggest.
The implication is that GTA 6, or whatever Rockstar Games' is working on, is in a stage of production that game testing is ramping up, which in turn may suggest said game is progressing through development and could be revealed soon.

Still, these listings could be for GTA 5 and GTA Online, which are getting ready to release on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S this year.
They could also be for Red Dead Online, which Rockstar continues to support. The point is, these listings could be related to Rockstar Games' next release -- whether that's GTA 6, Bully 2, or something else -- but they could also be for many other things.

Meanwhile, this could also be Rockstar Games filling newly vacated positions. Without further context, it's impossible to say this is for any single game.

Of course, Rockstar Games could squash all the speculation and scuttlebutt with an official comment, but we don't expect it to do this.
Rockstar Games and its parent company, Take-Two Interactive, never comment on speculation derived from job listings or speculation in general.

It's also worth nothing to note that the trademark for Bully has been updated 3 times just today (April 30)

unknown.png

Bully 2 :eek:

Add a neighbourhood to it and some outside school stuff :eek:

ripeavocado

Banned

unknown.png

unknown.png

HOLY S**T!

A VIDEOGAME DEVELOPER HIRING TESTERS?

tenor.gif

Could this mean that they are developing... wait for it.... a videogame?

What's next, they are hiring programmers and artists too?

Why has videogame reporting become such a joke and why videogames communities follow it blindly? Can't you apply some brainpower to the fake news you see around?

Last edited:

docbot

Banned
Maybe I'm gettig old, but I feel given the stressful world climate, there doesn't need to be another game where you play as a Bully

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
HOLY S**T!

A VIDEOGAME DEVELOPER HIRING TESTERS?

tenor.gif

Could this mean that they are developing... wait for it.... a videogame?

What's next, they are hiring programmers and artists too?

Why has videogame reporting become such a joke and why videogames communities follow it blindly? Can't you apply some brainpower to the fake news you see around?
weird face GIF

Also see my post number 15

YCoCg

Maybe I'm gettig old, but I feel given the stressful world climate, there doesn't need to be another game where you play as a Bully
You don't play as a Bully? Bully is named that because the Academy is called Bullworth, the closest thing to it in the game is the fact that Jimmy is the one who ends up bullying the bullies.

dotnotbot

You don't play as a Bully? Bully is named that because the Academy is called Bullworth, the closest thing to it in the game is the fact that Jimmy is the one who ends up bullying the bullies.

Doesn't matter unfortunately. People criticizing game will just read the title, just like GTA is a game about stealing cars and then running pedestrians over.

All this "video games cause brutality" nonsense comes from people who have no clue about video games.

Kerotan

These sort of news doesn't excite me in anyway. It could be 5 years before they even get a new game out it they're only starting now.

cragarmi

Normally I would not think much to a Trademark update, but to be updated 3 times the same day? Either somebody made the same mistake twice, or there is a very real possibility they are going to use the IP for something? As for wanting testers, yeah could be for anything, especially considering high turnover.

Last edited:

wvnative

Simple protection of IP and to ensure they can continue to sell the original game. Bully is sold on both the Playstation Store and Steam, not sure about xbox

The original Bully game is one of my all time favourites, I would lose my shit if Rockstar announces a sequel but I know Rockstar enough to not get my hopes up.

Freeman76

Its for the remake of RDR they are bundling in with the next gen version of RDR2 later this year. You heard it here first boys

Freeman76

Doesn't matter unfortunately. People criticizing game will just read the title, just like GTA is a game about stealing cars and then running pedestrians over.

All this "video games cause brutality" nonsense comes from people who have no clue about video games.

Its been this way since forever. I remember 2 Live Crew being targetted by the FBI for inciting violence. When was the last time anybody watched Rambo and decided to single handedly take on an entire army with a bow and arrow 😂😂😂

Top Bottom