• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games has published more details on GTAV and GTA:O on PS5 and XSX/S

Draugoth

Gold Member
FNA6xSoXsAkBlTH

GTA V PlayStation 5 and XSX upgrades:

• Fidelity Mode (30FPS, 4K)
  • Performance Mode (60FPS, upscaled 4K)
  • Performance RT (60FPS, upscaled 4K, raytracing)
  • Many other visual enhancements across the board
  • If you own GTAV on PS4 or XBO, you are allowed a one-time migration for your story mode progress and current GTA:O character, starting today

Upgrade releases on March 15, 2022. The Online version will be free for 3 months.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
Be interesting to see how steady the Performance RT mode holds.

Feel like either RT will be minimal or VRR will be essential to make it payable.

Salz01

I forgot, what’s the resolution on ps4 version? I thought the pro was already dynamic 4K unless I’m wrong.

A.Romero

I was curious how performance would compare to PC. I was able to run 4k with close to 60FPS with a 2080 Super.

I wonder if RT will come to PC too.

YCoCg

I forgot, what’s the resolution on ps4 version? I thought the pro was already dynamic 4K unless I’m wrong.
Rockstar never patched the game for Pro/X, so it's just 1080p30 on consoles.

Rockstar state they refuse to do performance patches, so RDR2 will not get one either, they'll only do paid upgrades.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can't even hit 60fps in 4k on a fucking 8 year old game, get the fuck outta here. The raytracing better be god-tier.

Also lol at that screenshot, are you serious Rockstar?

Not even releasing a trailer showing off these "many visual enhancements" gives all cause for concern.

soprano-get-the-fuck-outta-here.gif

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
So I own GTA5 for xbox one, how much will it cost to upgrade the single player?

R6Rider

Gold Member
You could have gotten me to buy it again if you made it VR, Rockstar. Otherwise, not a chance.

saintjules

I think I'll finally get to finish this game. I halted the PS4 version when I heard about this version being developed. Unfortunately though, I think if they said this was a free upgrade, then it would have been said in the details of this article.

What kind of RT are we talking about? Shadows, Refections, Global Illumination, all of those?

Hopefully something similar to what Insomniac does. I think they are the only other ones to have done that for PS5 games thus far right?

Last edited:

SSfox

While other devs are delivering new dopeass games jokestar still release an "insert very high number" th remaster of their 2013 game, and without even an option for free upgrade for the owners of ps4/one version which itself is already a remaster version. This company turned into such a joke.

Last edited:
Jokestar/Scamstar/Rotstar is releasing the physical versions in april on purpose.

Preventing dissapointed fans selling and flodding their physical copies on eBay.

Physical (PS4 definitive edition doesn't even support an upgrade option)😂🤦‍♂️

Top Bottom