• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith+ Official Announce Trailer

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Gosh, feels like this game is never going to come out.

RavageX

I remember ol' Toymachine from RB days.

I'm afraid I might sit this Rocksmith out, sub service and last I saw the song list was poor. I HAVE YET TO SEE THE DAMN GAME PROPERLY. That is also a concern of mine. At this point you should have plenty of playing videos, but the fact that MOBILE seems to be a focus has me even less interested. Last I saw was a few youtube videos of people talking, thats the best way not to sell a game.

ssringo

Song list is rather underwhelming. I'm scrolling through clicking bands I recognize and every time it's either not the songs I'd have expected, stuff I've never even heard of or live albums. Some odd choices in there as well. For example Blue Oyster Cult. Not any of their original great songs. No they have a cover of Born to Be Wild which is probably the most recognizable Steppenwolf song. Meanwhile Steppenwolf has none of their bigger songs and instead have Rock n Roll song and Jeraboah (which I have to admit I like after giving it a listen on YouTube). Or Tenacious D where they only got their song "Destiny" which is a mere 37 seconds long. Like, did they find a couple bucks in the cushions of the office couch and that's what they spent it on?

I get it costs money to get licenses and whatnot but if you can't even draw me in initially I'm not going to even be able to give these new songs a chance. Maybe drop from 8k songs to like 5-6k songs and get some more of the bigger stuff. Or go a few songs deeper on some of the artists you do have. So many artists with just a single song.

Never mind that it being subscription is a big turn off already.

Droxcy

Play tons of Rocksmith don't know how I feel about this subscription service. These guitar giveaways are killer though would like the Matt Heafy one.

BlackTron

...if you meant a keyboard piano then say so, just saying 'keyboard' sounds like you want to turn rocksmith into another guitar hero

I see the confusion but to be fair, in the context of talking about rock and guitar games, I thought he meant the instrument right away....

RavageX

So....against my gut feeling and going against how I feel about most subscriptions I decided to give it a try. 3 months with a free month of that and Ubi +.

I'll try it when I get home from work today.

Why did I give it a try? The gaming industry as a whole has really let me down lately. My lifelong hobby(in general)is starting to feel like something I cant identify with.

I am hoping that maybe I'm wrong about this new direction, that Im wrong about the song list. I guess I'll find out.

Toots

Gold Member
an interactive music learning subscription service that takes the guesswork out of music mastery
That is one of the stupidest thing i ever read, music mastery is repetition and guesswork. That is called learning you morons.

TF does that even mean? You don’t guesswork when learning music, you just need to put time. Do they really think achievements and score multipliers will make people learn faster? There is lying and there is blatant lying. Fuck Ubisoft.
Glad i'm not the only one floored by the sheer stupidity of ubisoft's marketing team...

Edit : the game in itself is a nice tool to learn songs like a more interactive guitar pro. I remember playing a strokes song i already knew first time trying the game at a friend's place and effing blowing his mind not from my playing but from the score i made :messenger_grinning_sweat: It is cool to be able to train a useful set of skillsplaying videogames for once !

Last edited:

RavageX

So I've messed with it some since release. Guys I don't know, maybe I'm going about it wrong.

My first issue, it seems a lot of songs do not have complete arrangements. Maybe they are hidden somehow I dunno.

Second issue, I swear it seems like songs disappear. I don't know if this is to encourage me to play some others, or if I'm just crazy.

Third issue, most of these songs are pretty, pretty bad for guitar in my opinion.

There's more, but Im curious if any of you have tried?

JCK75

I've been a huge rocksmith fan for quite some time, I was REALLY looking forward to this because of the official audio interface support (every computer I have I have at least a focusrite+studio monitor setup, even at work).

I subscribed immediately, the tech behind it has improved so much, no noticeable latency, note detection is perfect (and it never had been in the past).. I'm actually finally getting 100% on songs for the first time because of these improvements.

BUT.. they decided with music to just buy as much bargain bin bullshit they could get for the money.. even if they have something really good I want to play (the Cure, King's X) they went for Live albums which are shit and I just can't be bothered to want to play along to that.

They put all of this work into making such a perfect core experience, then just don't have anything I want to play at all.

BlackTron

I subscribed immediately, the tech behind it has improved so much, no noticeable latency, note detection is perfect (and it never had been in the past).. I'm actually finally getting 100% on songs for the first time because of these improvements.

This is really good to know from someone who has tried the game and really knows their stuff. Even if what you are saying about the song selection sucks.

The latency kind of ruined it for me before...I still have the cable "just in case" but in years never went back to it.

JCK75

This is really good to know from someone who has tried the game and really knows their stuff. Even if what you are saying about the song selection sucks.

The latency kind of ruined it for me before...I still have the cable "just in case" but in years never went back to it.

I can't speak for the real tone cable, to me the thing that changes everything is using an ASIO interface, I have a Focusrite 2i2 on my my gaming PC and a 18i20 on my studio rig (which I'm using to play it mostly), this setup takes some investment as the speakers have to be hooked to the interface (input and output has to be through the interface and not your sound card).. the result is a clean guitar signal and low latency.

Calverz

I’d say I’m a beginner bordering on intermediate guitar player. Is there anything in this for me? Is it good for learning scales?

Rocksmith+'s latest update brings material from Childish Gambino, Pixies, Avril Lavigne, Aborted, and more!

daffyduck

Doing it as a sub based service rather than individual DLC makes way more sense.
Sad Jim Carrey GIF

I know what I'm getting my son for XMAS, father-in-law got him a guitar for his birthday earlier this year. He's pretty much got Seven Nation Army down in a few months on his own. I'm going to get Guitar Pro and this for XMAS. Should keep that spark going if he wants to really learn guitar. He plays piano already and pretty good at reading sheet music while playing, he's had a knack for reading sheet music from the first day he was taught. Just skims it and gets it. The playing skills is his beginner abilities.

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
Awesome, Rocksmith+ is only for PC currently though and be sure to check your regions songs here

[/URL]
It's not really awesome at all. It's a shitty overpriced service with poor tech and an even poorer song selection.

There's more bloody "latin" music on there than metal songs, for a thing called ROCKsmith.

And god forbid you actually have proper audio interfaces and wanna plug your jack cable into that, cause that's too high tech for rocksmith to understand.

So proprietary cable it is, with input lag.

It's a joke, and this I'm supposed to pay monthly for?

Not happening. I subbed for a couple of months and I'm not going back. Let me buy the two songs on there I actually like, instead of forcing this subscription shit on me. If I were to sunscribe to everything these companies wanted me to subscribe to, I'd subscribe myself out of my house and onto the street.

Top Bottom