• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League getting 120FPS support on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S

Who are these people saying "but no one has 120hz tvs!!!!"

Did 144hz monitors just disappear into oblivion or something? I'm getting a 1440p@144hz monitor specifically because Xbox is pushing for it. Actually, i question people who'd rather game on a large ass TV with shocking input lag to begin with, and no "game mode" will see a TV beat a monitor for input lag either.

I don't know if it's just cause i game on PC too that a monitor just makes more sense to game on, but some people in here act as if they don't exist or game devs shouldn't try for 120 just because they are obvlivous monitors even exist.

giphy.gif

Oppoi

Who are these people saying "but no one has 120hz tvs!!!!"

Did 144hz monitors just disappear into oblivion or something? I'm getting a 1440p@144hz monitor specifically because Xbox is pushing for it. Actually, i question people who'd rather game on a large ass TV with shocking input lag to begin with, and no "game mode" will see a TV beat a monitor for input lag either.

I don't know if it's just cause i game on PC too that a monitor just makes more sense to game on, but some people in here act as if they don't exist or game devs shouldn't try for 120 just because they are obvlivous monitors even exist.

giphy.gif

It's just cause you already have a PC setup.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I want to pull the trigger on the GX, but not with the issues LG panels are having.

BlueHawk357

Seems like PS5 is closer to Series S, than it is to Series X in power after these last few days of reveals.

Meh, have 30+ new games to play since getting a Series X so that will keep me busy until PS5 gets some good first party games in a year or so.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Yeah, none of this really makes sense to me. MS could have supported 120fps development or paid for the feature while Sony did not.

It's clear from PS5 not supporting VRR at this time that they don't see high enough market penetration to invest a ton of resources at launch.
It's a shame especially when they sell tv's.

It's a shame especially when they sell tv's.

Agreed.

I can see a justification for VRR considering all major TV manufacturers have had issues supporting it, but no 120fps makes me think this has more to do with some arrangement between MS/Psyonix vs. Sony not supporting development.

From my understanding it's the limitations set by playstation on there backwards compatibility. Next gen xbox allows 120 fps on bc games and ps5 is limiting all there bc games to 60 fps. Psyonix would have to make a new version for the ps5, which is a lot harder to do than just updating the game like they are doing for xbox. It definitely sucks that ps5 is gonna be restricted to 60 fps though. So xbox is better on BC games support for better framerate and resolution.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
From my understanding it's the limitations set by playstation on there backwards compatibility. Next gen xbox allows 120 fps on bc games and ps5 is limiting all there bc games to 60 fps. Psyonix would have to make a new version for the ps5, which is a lot harder to do than just updating the game like they are doing for xbox. It definitely sucks that ps5 is gonna be restricted to 60 fps though. So xbox is better on BC games support for better framerate and resolution.

If its patched for series x and ps5 then it ain’t a BC game its a currant game that runs on ps5 and series x. Same with fortnite

MCplayer

TheStam

If a GTX 1070 can run this at Native 4K Max 60-80fps then both consoles should have a Native 4K 120fps performance mode.

My old laptop with a 1070 and a messed up i7 processor that couldnt go past 3,3 ghz without selfcombusting could do 165 fps locked at 1440p.

Surely next gen consoles can do even better. There is not game I've played that benefits more from high frames than RL.

Last edited:

Banned

this could be why. the One S and One X both support 120hz, so patching that into current gen versions also benefits next gen

Kagey K

Banned
We'll see if they release one. Not that any of us 120Hz TVs...
Everyone in this thread does.

Im sure there are more.😉

120 htz tvs aren’t as uncommon as people want to act.

Last edited:

MurfHey

This game is running in BC mode. Xbox allows games in BC to run in 120hz mode whereas Sony only allows 60hz for BC. This could change down the road, but as of right now this is the way.

Top Bottom