• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riot Games are showing up on Microsoft Store

Godot25

Banned
After annoucement in June, that Riot Games titles will be part of PC Game Pass subscription, games Valorant, League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra appeared in Microsoft Store. So adding those games in 2022 seems like real possibility.

In a first for Game Pass, the partnership will extend beyond PC to include Riot’s mobile-only and mobile-accessible titles. All Game Pass members will unlock access to:

• League of Legends (PC): All Champions Unlocked
  • League of Legends: Wild Rift (Mobile): All Champions Unlocked
  • Legends of Runeterra (PC & Mobile): Foundations Set Unlocked
  • Teamfight Tactics (PC & Mobile): Select Little Legends Unlocked
  • VALORANT (PC): All Agents Unlocked
Players will also receive bonus experience across select titles.

well they already put them on Epic so why not others?

i think it's stupid because it'll just install the Riot games launcher. download the games from Riot. so now you need MS Store/Epic to launch the Riot client to launch a game.

edit: i suppose if this is what they need to do to get the Gamepass stuff then fine. i guess it makes sense but even then why not let you connect your Riot account to your MS account?

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
well they already put them on Epic so why not others?

i think it's stupid because it'll just install the Riot games launcher. download the games from Riot. so now you need MS Store/Epic to launch the Riot client to launch a game.

edit: i suppose if this is what they need to do to get the Gamepass stuff then fine. i guess it makes sense but even then why not let you connect your Riot account to your MS account?
I mean. You can. But you won't have any unlocks guaranteed by Game Pass. I suppose that you can still use Riot Launcher, but you need to somehow connect your MS account with your Riot account.

Holammer

Cool beans, but there should have been console versions. I don't game on console myself, but I'm curious to see how LoL: Wild Rift would fare on PS & XBOX. I imagine it could bite a huge chunk out of COD & Fortnite's audience.

Top Bottom