• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott confirms Prometheus 2 is his next film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Buried in this Empire feature about The Martian:

They faced another challenge when the film’s release date was brought forward. But according to Damon, the typically fast-working Scott didn’t worry. “Ridley was done with the movie about two weeks after we shot!” he smiles. “I was already on to my next movie!” adds Scott. “I was starting to look for locations for my next movie, which is Prometheus 2.”

There were also earlier rumors that he'd start production in January and that he was asking Fox to hold off on Neil Blomkamp's Alien sequel until Prometheus 2 was released.

R8TEDM3

There were also earlier rumors that he'd start production in January and that he was asking Fox to hold off on Neil Blomkamp's Alien sequel until Prometheus 2 was released.

I would rather see Neil Blomkamp's Alien sequel, than Prometheus II!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
This is gonna mess up with all the changes I had to make in my head to make the first movie make sense though

Dennis

Banned
Excellent.

Prometheus was an enjoyable movie to watch even though

A) It made no sense.
B) Wasn't the masterpiece we were all hoping for.

jelly

I dunno, they could both be awful. I'm interested in seeing them but don't have high hopes. Prometheus just because it's Scott doing sci fi again and curious how he pulls something good out of that train wreck. Alien sequel setting after the second one is cool but Blomkamp isn't doing well, I love his visuals looking real but there isn't greatness beyond that yet.

Well, this sequel might be better than the first one because of Damon fucking Lindelof.

And by the way, he's not returning to write the sequel.

There's a solid film somewhere inside of Prometheus, they were ALMOST there. I actually liked Lindelof's weird, ambiguous, unanswered questions bullshit, I just wish someone could have reigned him in just a little bit and gotten a little more clarity out of the story.

jelly

Well, this sequel might be better than the first one because of Damon fucking Lindelof.

And by the way, he's not returning to write the sequel.

Not really, apparently Scott is quite idiotic with story ideas. Lindelof might be bad but Scott asked for it.

A direct sequel would be crazy; a lone female and a robotic severed head on a planet of aliens. I want that movie, but I don't think they're going to make that movie.

Thought the first was a great film in terms of production values, but overall had a garbage-tier story. I'm curious as to why people liked it at all...

I know the internet hates the first film but I kept my expectations in check and had a great time with it. Really looking forward to the sequel.

gogogow

I know a lot of people hate Prometheus. There are some annoying characters in the movie and some questionable scenes, but all in all, I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the sequel.

Erevador

Prometheus was great. The internet backlash against it was ridiculous. People were expecting James Cameron, they got Ridley Scott.

It's a great companion piece to Alien and Blade Runner.

aerts1js

Really? Prometheus has a new writer and I'd take a Scott film any day over Blomkamp's work. I do wish Scott would take his time a bit more though; I wonder if it has anything to do with his age.

Window

Despite it's problems I enjoyed Prometheus. Look forward to the sequel. Hope David/Fassbender makes a return.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Prometheus was great. The internet backlash against it was ridiculous. People were expecting James Cameron, they got Ridley Scott.

It's a great companion piece to Alien and Blade Runner.

Prometheus is more at home on the History Channel than in the company of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom