• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich upscaling: the fantasy of improving and reimagining an image applied to video game

ReBurn

Gold Member
Oh Ryu...

200.gif

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Those FF9 renditions are cracking me up. Between generic office guy cosplaying as Steiner and whatever that last Vivi is supposed to be, my sides are actually aching right now.

StereoVsn

Don’t be. There is still an appreciation for artistry and always will be.
There will be yes, but also there will be a lot less jobs in art design, animation, etc… once AI starts being “good enough”. Because you bet your behind that Corpos will push it as much as they can.

People actually think these look good ?? Lol
Only Mario looks good only because AI steal the model from new game.

Last edited:
How the fuck people can say this stuff is amazing is well beyond my comprehension, interesting yes, amazing not at all.
Because the people saying that, know better than to judge the 0.1 version of something like it’s some sort of final product.

It’s about how it will improve and be applied in the future. This is all a test to iterate on.

Danknugz

nba jam looks sick, would love to see someone go through and take the time to replace all the animation frames and completely redraw the games this way

As an artistic person i'm slightly terrified by AI.
Judging from the lol-worthy results, I would say you probably have no need to be.

So far, the more AI generated imagery I see, the more sensitive I am to the distinct "AI look" they all have. Which really ruins the illusion and screams at the player, "this image was generated by AI", which really cheapens and homogenized it.

Top Bottom