• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviewers were a mistake.

jaysius

Banned
Wait, I thought 13 Sentinels was weeb fodder bullshit, it has combat in it though?

When I want to read, I get a real novel, instead of some trash angsty bullshit story with graphics that are there to try and justify the price tag.

EDIT: Wow the combat looks like something out of a 1990's PS1 game. This looks worse than many indie games.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wait, I thought 13 Sentinels was weeb fodder bullshit, it has combat in it though?

When I want to read, I get a real novel, instead of some trash angsty bullshit story with graphics that are there to try and justify the price tag.

EDIT: Wow the combat looks like something out of a 1990's PS1 game. This looks worse than many indie games.
tenor.gif

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I like Persona but in terms of story telling it has nothing on 13 Sentinels.

As huge NieR Automata fanboy, 13 Sentinels has really good chance of taking over as my personal GOTG.

Even Gravity Rush 2? ;p

MiguelItUp

Game reviewers and reviews were great decades ago. But for years we've reached a point where they just don't really matter anymore or have become a laughing stock. This is but one example, but god there are so many. Hell, once user reviews and gameplay streams became more prevalent, it made them feel pointless IMO.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Reviews are about channeling normies into the videogames with high marketing budgets, with table scraps thrown to "indies" and "hidden gems" to maintain the facade of legitimacy. It has been this way since gaming magazines became profitable and accelerated when gaming websites became profitable.

Codswallop_

Neophyte
meh. This is much worse:

I'll never get over how excruciating this is to watch, lmao. How long it takes to connect the dots that he needs to jump on that short block on the left to get the height necessary to clear the column. It's like watching somebody fail a basic function test. How does somebody like this play games for a living?

I have a go-to list of youtubers that I share similar taste in games, I generally trust their opinion on anything other than Gamepass or deep discounts.

GametimeUK

I'll never get over how excruciating this is to watch, lmao. How long it takes to connect the dots that he needs to jump on that short block on the left to get the height necessary to clear the column. It's like watching somebody fail a basic function test. How does somebody like this play games for a living?

I had to boot this game up and give the controller to my girlfriend who has never beaten a game in her life... who's idea of a good game is Candy Crush... she passed this part immediately. The video has to be a troll because my girlfriend is dumb as fuck when it comes to games.

cireza

Banned
I stopped reading "professional" reviews ages ago. Thanks for the reminder of why I did this.

You guys, here on neogaf, are the ones that matter. Your opinion is the most interesting one, and this applies to all forums with people who share your tastes and have the same kind of experience with video-games.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I personally really hate this shallow comparison between games like how some people compare GhoT to Sekiro because both have samurai in the game even tho the gameplay, the tone and era they take place is different.

13 Sentinels is nothing like Persona, not same structure, story or gameplay, the only part is similar is the characters are in high school and published by Atlus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom